Flacco to the Jets on a one year deal...

JoeF

14 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Pitching pennies and sneaking cigarettes.  Probably a copy of 'Captain Billy's Whiz Bang' in his locker.  ?

Music Man reference. I like it!

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Mono-Sam-Darnold.jpg

Plausible

All we need is Hedley Lamarr saying "kinky..." 

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Music Man reference. I like it!

There actually was a humour magazine named that.  It was founded a few years after the supposed date of the musical's occurrence, so there's further proof of Sammy's alien lizards.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Not now they’re not. Miami has a way better roster and a better QB situation than the Jets have. Plus the fact Adam Gase is their HC, they’re not doing anything or going anywhere as long as they’ve got Gase calling the shots

I disagree with every single point you made. The Dolphins have a poor roster. They have a journeyman QB who is on his 8th team and is incredibly inconsistent. Sam Darnold has more potential as a starter than Fitz.

Adam Gase isn't a good head coach, but he has fielded decent teams in the past.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

There actually was a humour magazine named that.  It was founded a few years after the supposed date of the musical's occurrence, so there's further proof of Sammy's alien lizards.

Maybe they made the magazine BECAUSE of the Music Man.

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, MJS said:

People seem to think the Jets are a really bad team. They went 7-9 last year WITH Darnold missing a bunch of games. They aren't good, but they aren't the dumpster fire everyone makes them out to be.

They are better than the Dolphins.

I didn’t say they were a really bad team.  I said they weren’t going anywhere this year.  They could win the division.  Unlikely due to their head coach imo.  I see one and done in the playoffs as their best case scenario.  If Darnold misses a few games, it’s not best case scenario.

It’s impossible to say how good either team is right now. Adding talent is one thing.  Adding talent that will play well together and win games is another.  I like what both teams did this offseason for the most part.  Doesn’t mean they are going anywhere this year.

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

I disagree with every single point you made. The Dolphins have a poor roster. They have a journeyman QB who is on his 8th team and is incredibly inconsistent. Sam Darnold has more potential as a starter than Fitz.

What decent teams has he fielded? The team that openly quit on him when he brought Smokin Jay as his starting QB?  The Dolphins have a solid roster one that’s better than the Jets. At least Miami has WRs for Fitz and possibly Tua(if he plays) to throw to, who are the Jets WRs?  That’s right they don’t have any. They a have a fat overpayed lazy RB in Bell their O Line is a disaster at best, I’m sorry but you pay GEORGE FANT 30 million for 3 years??? Lol who’s in their defense that’s any good besides Adams who I remind you wants off the team. They’re heading for a rude awakening. Jets will suck this year Gase will be gone and Darnold will regress and will be going into his 3rd HC and another OC

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

You have failed to tell me what decent team that Gase has put together or fielded

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I've said this before, and I haven't seen anything happen to change my mind: The AFCE is going to be a competitive division this year, across the board. In my mind, while I believe the Bills should be favored, I think it's by a much narrower margin than most on here think, and nobody should sleep on any team in this division, including the Jets. Flacco was a good move on their part.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

What decent teams has he fielded? The team that openly quit on him when he brought Smokin Jay as his starting QB?  The Dolphins have a solid roster one that’s better than the Jets. At least Miami has WRs for Fitz to throw to, who are the Jets WRs?  That’s right they don’t have any. They a have a fat overpayed lazy RB in Bell their O Line is a disaster at best, I’m sorry but you pay GEORGE FANT 30 million for 3 years??? Lol who’s in their defense that’s any good besides Adams who I remind you wants off the team. They’re heading for a rude awakening. Jets will suck this year Gase will be gone and Darnold will regress and will be going into his 3rd HC and another OC

Again, I disagree on all your points. The Dolphins were a 5 win team and they have the least talented roster in the division. Not saying the Jets are good. They aren't. But the Dolphins are worse. Both teams will win less than 8 games this year. The Dolphins will be lucky to win 5. I've watched plenty of Darnold to see that he is a good QB with a lot of potential. Not sure why anyone thinks he is bad.

Gase had a 10-6 season with the Dolphins and went to the playoffs. Again, not saying he is a good coach. He's not, but he can scrape together some wins and field a decent offense.

But I see you feel very strongly about this, so I don't think I'm going to convince you.

1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

I've said this before, and I haven't seen anything happen to change my mind: The AFCE is going to be a competitive division this year, across the board. In my mind, while I believe the Bills should be favored, I think it's by a much narrower margin than most on here think, and nobody should sleep on any team in this division, including the Jets. Flacco was a good move on their part.

The only teams I don’t see being competitive and I’m being honest is both New England and New Jersey. New England has Literally ZERO on offense but they have a great defense, your not gonna win many games if you keep putting your Defense on the field. New Jersey’s problems lie in their O Line, it’s among the worst in the NFL on top of that you surrounded Darnold with very little wide receiver talent, they also have an out of shape and overpaid RB in Bell who didn’t do jack ***** last year and probably won’t do much this year either. Defensively they have Adams but if they trade Adams they’re gonna struggle. I said it before I’ll say it again while it’s an open division. The only teams I can take seriously is Miami and Buffalo going at it

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

Again, I disagree on all your points. The Dolphins were a 5 win team and they have the least talented roster in the division. Not saying the Jets are good. They aren't. But the Dolphins are worse. Both teams will win less than 8 games this year. The Dolphins will be lucky to win 5. I've watched plenty of Darnold to see that he is a good QB with a lot of potential. Not sure why anyone thinks he is bad.

Gase had a 10-6 season with the Dolphins and went to the playoffs. Again, not saying he is a good coach. He's not, but he can scrape together some wins and field a decent offense.

But I see you feel very strongly about this, so I don't think I'm going to convince you.

That 2016 season was a fluke as he showed his true colors in the playoff disaster against Pittsburgh and the next year giving Jay cutler 10 million to come out of retirement. I never said Darnold was  bad or horrible  I just don’t think he’s as good as people claim him to be and I don’t think he can take a team to the next level He’s INT prone and apparently he sees Ghosts lol, he struggles reading defenses and makes bad reads that either is incomplete or gets picked off. I’ve never been a Darnold fan during his time in USC I just saw him as another USC QB that wouldn’t develop properly into the NFL like all the others before him and so far I’ve been right on that. You’re absolutely right Miami was A five win team but the players played their hearts out for that Coach. Flores is a hell of a coach and has the respect Not only of the organization and front office but the players as well Miami’s building something good and it wouldn’t surprise me at all to see them being very competitive this year especially now that Brady’s gone.  

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It's interesting didn't they take a QB in the 4th round?

They did.  Flacco is apparently going to compete for the backup QB spot, when he's healthy and ready. 

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

They did.  Flacco is apparently going to compete for the backup QB spot, when he's healthy and ready. 

Which I mean does this mean they're hoping this is pointless and Flacco loses to the rookie so they didn't waste a 4th round pick or are they thinking of rolling with 3 QBs?

Just now, Warcodered said:

Which I mean does this mean they're hoping this is pointless and Flacco loses to the rookie so they didn't waste a 4th round pick or are they thinking of rolling with 3 QBs?

I think they'll have to keep the rookie on the roster for fear of losing him.  I doubt the Flacco will lose to the rookie.  So IMHO that means keeping 3 QBs.

7 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Does that same logic apply to Josh?

If it applies to Darnold, then I would have to say yes, but I think it doesn’t apply to either. They are both young QBs with the skill set and leadership abilities to lead a franchise for the next decade. If year three is an abject failure, then I would assume they would both be in the hot seat. I just don’t see year three being an abject failure for either of them.

• Like (+1) 2