Dalton to the Cowboys 1yr $7M per Schefter

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Wonder if Dak will hold out.

Jerry may not care anymore or at least that is the bargaining position that he is establishing.  At a minimum, he is protecting the team in the event of a holdout.  I would sure like to hear the conversations that Dak will certainly be having with his agent.  The stakes just got raised and it is fun to watch.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

So Dalton is out of the next apparent nightmare in NE contest who's the next candidate?

What are the Dolphins going to do with Rosen?

He's in the running to be the new beer vendor is section 104.  Steven Ross just traded the old beer vendor to the Texans for a 2021 7th round draft pick.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I’ve been talking about this within my group of friends for months. Sign dalton.  Trade dak.  Can’t pay that guy 35 mill a year

Interesting thought New Era.  No Dak is not worth the $35 mill.  Dalton is just as good except for the mobility for one fifth the price.  If Dalton plays well, Jerry signs him to a 3 year extension.  And they draft the future guy in the next year or two.  Now the big question is who would be in the market for Dak Prescott?  Who is going to want to pay Dak big money?  And what will the Cowboys fetch for him?  A 2nd and a 4th maybe?  

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Happy he is not a patriot. I’ll always like the guy for his part in breaking the drought, but man, him and the bengals always played the bills tough. Him on the Patriots would be exhausting. Much rather them settle with Newton or Stidham 

We dodged a bullet here and stupid decision by Bill? Now I feel more confident than ever that the afce is ours. Stidham blows.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Interesting thought New Era.  No Dak is not worth the $35 mill.  Dalton is just as good except for the mobility for one fifth the price.  If Dalton plays well, Jerry signs him to a 3 year extension.  And they draft the future guy in the next year or two.  Now the big question is who would be in the market for Dak Prescott?  Who is going to want to pay Dak big money?  And what will the Cowboys fetch for him?  A 2nd and a 4th maybe?  

No idea who would want him.  Taking a 7th or cutting him would be better than signing him to a long term deal.  

1 hour ago, Process said:

Considering the contract, this would have actually been a nice move for the bills. Can't get much better than Dalton for backup QB. Even if the bills were interested I'm sure he'd prefer going to TX though. 

I trust you 

28 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Come on bro.

Dak threw 30 TD’s last year. Andy hasn’t thrown 30+ TD’s in a season since 2013.

BB doesn’t need an excuse. He has 4 years of losing records before anyone turns on him. Which I’m not convinced happens.

He’s the greatest coach in NFL history and it’s not like his last Super Bowl was 10 years ago. They won last year lol.

I don’t think Dalton is better but he’s not much worse and at a fraction of the cap.  No way Dak is worth 35 mill a year. That’s just preposterous.  If there was ever a time for me to use preposterous is a sentence, this is it.  

2 hours ago, Process said:

I guess the Patriots really are going to roll with Stidham. The division is ours for the taking. Let's just hope there's a season. 

This is a 6-dimension chess move by Belichick. I can't begin to say how or why, but it just must be.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Come on bro.

Dak threw 30 TD’s last year. Andy hasn’t thrown 30+ TD’s in a season since 2013.

Obviously Dak is right now better than Andy but is he 23 million dollars a year better than Andy? I think that 23 million gets enough talent to make the team better.

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

I’ve been talking about this within my group of friends for months. Sign dalton.  Trade dak.  Can’t pay that guy 35 mill a year

It's a tough situation for the Cowboys because of the market, but no f'n way should Dak be getting Russell Wilson money.

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Wonder if Dak will hold out.

I wouldn’t doubt it, I think Jerry is gonna try to

offer him one more contract and if he says no they probably franchise him again and then trade him away for a bunch of draft picks. 

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

Come on bro.

BB doesn’t need an excuse. He has 4 years of losing records before anyone turns on him. Which I’m not convinced happens.

He’s the greatest coach in NFL history and it’s not like his last Super Bowl was 10 years ago. They won last year lol.

I’m sorry but BB is not the greatest coach in NFL history, that goes to Don Shula. BB couldn’t finish undefeated like Shula did. The only coach with a perfect record plus Shula has the most wins than any coach in the history of the NFL. The only thing BB has on Shula is the super bowls. But most of them are from cheating

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Obviously Dak is right now better than Andy but is he 23 million dollars a year better than Andy? I think that 23 million gets enough talent to make the team better.

You can probably extend Andy to a cheaper contract at years end. Dallas is gonna be screwed cap wise though. I’m still baffled they gave cooper 100 million lol. He’s good but not 100 million good

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
  • Like (+1) 2

The problem with Rosen in NE is he has a reputation of not putting in the work to be good in the playbook, etc.  Given how BB handles his players, either Rosen realizes it’s his last chance, or he is relegated to a back up maybe for almost nothing, or out of the league.

It was a smart move by Stephen Jones (who’s really running the team and is better than dad) to bring in Dalton.  The pressure for Dak to take a lesser offer is so obvious now, and everyone wins regardless of outcomes.  If Dak doesn’t settle, he’ll get benched and traded, Andy gets a new deal worth a decent payday, but not what Dak was demanding, the Cowboys draft their next QB eventually, and Dalton is not as bad as some say.

He played for an inferior team and still took them to the playoffs six times.  They should have beaten the Steelers that one year if Lewis could control his moron players.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I wouldn’t doubt it, I think Jerry is gonna try to

offer him one more contract and if he says no they probably franchise him again and then trade him away for a bunch of draft picks. 

I’m sorry but BB is not the greatest coach in NFL history, that goes to Don Shula. BB couldn’t finish undefeated like Shula did. The only coach with a perfect record plus Shula has the most wins than any coach in the history of the NFL. The only thing BB has on Shula is the super bowls. But most of them are from cheating

You can probably extend Andy to a cheaper contract at years end. Dallas is gonna be screwed cap wise though. I’m still baffled they gave cooper 100 million lol. He’s good but not 100 million good

Wow, the only thing BB has on Shula is a better W-L and 4 more Super Bowls. Good thing those are the only two things that matter.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Okay for the first time I actually believe that New England is going with Stidham.

7 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Dalton is better than Dak

Not a chance. Dak is the most consistently disrespected Quarterback in the NFL I think. The list of QBs I'd take ahead of him to win me a game tomorrow is actually pretty small.  

• Like (+1) 1