Dalton to the Cowboys 1yr $7M per Schefter

On 5/4/2020 at 12:14 PM, FireChans said:

Yeah, I would LOVE to face an accurate QB who throws 30 TD’s a year who is a mobile threat, paired with the greatest coach of all time who consistently fields good to great defenses. I mean either Jason Garrett as his HC, Dak only gave him 3 of his 4 winning seasons in 9 years. This is a great idea.

Dak is underrated for sure, but he is also beatable. The Bills already showed they can handle him, but yeah, pairing him with Belichick would be interesting.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Dak is underrated for sure, but he is also beatable. The Bills already showed they can handle him, but yeah, pairing him with Belichick would be interesting.

Lots of good QB’s are “beatable.” All of them in fact. Dak with an absolute bum HC in Garrett is already a star. Dak with the GOAT HC is 10 more years of winter.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Lots of good QB’s are “beatable.” All of them in fact. Dak with an absolute bum HC in Garrett is already a star. Dak with the GOAT HC is 10 more years of winter.

Then if he was wise he'd pass signing contract and take a "team friendly" contract playing for the Sith Master but it is not simple as you put it.

Just now, Limeaid said:

Then if he was wise he'd pass signing contract and take a "team friendly" contract playing for the Sith Master but it is not simple as you put it.

Jason Garrett got fired 5 months ago. 

21 hours ago, FireChans said:

Brady routinely gave the Patriots a top 5 QB with a upper midlevel contract. Dak hypothetically would be coming with a top contract and costing big time draft capital. So I wouldn't see it as a move that the Patriots would make anyway. 

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

Brady routinely gave the Patriots a top 5 QB with a upper midlevel contract. Dak hypothetically would be coming with a top contract and costing big time draft capital. So I wouldn't see it as a move that the Patriots would make anyway. 

He wouldn’t cost draft capital as an FA. Also draft capital is overrated. The Pats dominated picking in the 30s and drafting mediocre the entire run.

29 minutes ago, FireChans said:

He wouldn’t cost draft capital as an FA. Also draft capital is overrated. The Pats dominated picking in the 30s and drafting mediocre the entire run.

I was talking about a trade, Dak is on the tag and can be tagged next year. I think the only way he would go to NE would be if he got to them via a trade centered around 2 first round picks plus other assets. 

NE is like any other team eat up cap space and draft resources and you see a negative impact. Dak is a good QB but pay him a top 3 QB contract and you will not be able to contend in my opinion.