Roger Goodell’s Draft Man Cave

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I really hope that he gets so comfortable being in his house that he forgets the cameras are rolling and then starts rubbing his junk or something.

Just ripping a bong between picks and watching office reruns between picks.  "hey uh commish, stop rolling that blunt - the pick is in!"

• Haha (+1) 1

It actually looks like a pretty good sized room of you take out all the equipment.

Like many houses in high end NY suburbs, it appears his house is pretty old, so features like narrow, winding staircases and low basement ceilings are very common.   At some point someone expanded and refurbished the house significantly, but features like that tend to be kept and in fact, are popular so as to avoid the McMansion look.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CBennett said:

Honestly if I was the Bills GM/HC id have (because they have the $$) someone set up my rec room war room den where ever they do this from..to look just like the bridge of the Enterprise and have all the draft guys sitting around in the various positions..you know Beane in the Capts chair.....Mc D where Spock stood/sat..etc,etc,etc....that would be Hysterical...

Can't have others with them though, its why they have to do it from their homes instead of team facilities. Could be funny to see them do this but use their families, or kids stuffed animals to be the others....

I think they should take bets on different things

- GM who has their draft interfered with by one of their kids

- GM who has their draft interfered with by a pet Dog/Cat

- GM who works the draft not wearing pants

- GM with the worst looking home

- GM with something personal/embarrassing visible in the background

- GM who has something hey planted in the background to make them look better/impressive

Etc.

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I thought this was a Casting Couch video for a second.

Looks a little 'Snuff Filmish'......

Edited by apuszczalowski
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I really hope that he gets so comfortable being in his house that he forgets the cameras are rolling and then starts rubbing his junk or something.

Oftentimes when I rub my junk, I wonder if somewhere out there Roger Goodell is rubbing his junk too. Guess I find out tonight!

9 hours ago, dneveu said:

His basement looks like... everyone i know's basement.  Apparently he's not a super flashy guy.  Maybe he's big into expensive hobbies or has vacation homes.  Boating, fishing, big game hunting, flying planes.. who knows.

or a PR firm spent wildly to make him look relatable 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

or a PR firm spent wildly to make him look relatable 

Exactly. Just like those cheesy comments he would make when the coverage came to him to make an announcement. It's talking down to the fans...he is a completely contrived a-hole. 

10 hours ago, MJS said:

All those cords seems like a fire hazard.

Would you rather see him get booed, or see his house burn down on national TV?

Maybe this should be a poll?

:)

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He lives in a place that Instagram models have photo shoots.

This is Kliff Kinsbury if you can't tell.

This is how I expected a lot of the homes to look. A lot looked like your everyday above average homes. Goodell's looked like a lodge. 

Edited by FieldGeneral

6 hours ago, 32ABBA said:

Exactly. Just like those cheesy comments he would make when the coverage came to him to make an announcement. It's talking down to the fans...he is a completely contrived a-hole. 

Coming from an ABBA  ? fan that’s an unhealthy amount of dislike going on... ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, 32ABBA said:

Except he is really laughing at you..and at me...and all the fans he thinks are stupid rubes. 

Wow ABBA dude, you do realize that everything he does, he is in effect told to do by the teams owners, right? And  yet you continue to show your fealty to him and the owners by consuming the NFL product... a bit of a tortured soul there aye....

Go Bills!!!

9 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

ctfd.

So using words isn’t  your strong point then...  that and you could use your own advice ?

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Knowing me, knowing you, that's the best you can do?!  ?

Uh huh-uhhhh

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

What the general public will be amazed to find in the centuries ahead is the 2020 NFL Draft 'Goodell' was actually a Westworld simulation.  The real Goodell is vacationing on his private island in the South Pacific.

Green screen.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, 32ABBA said:

I only saw him announce a few picks, but each time when the shot went to him, he was finishing some kind of comment to the fans on the screen...it was one of the fakest, cheesiest things I've ever seen. 

It bothered me as well.   I honestly dont know why they needed to have a virtual fan presence anyways. 

• Like (+1) 1