Jay Glazer: I will break big, national news tomorrow

9 hours ago, FluffHead said:

Some speculation it is on a resolution to patriots taping bengals last season investigation, ... 

as a final resolution to the taping scandal, being that Brady is no longer with them, the Bengals agree to give the Patriots the first overall pick in the '20 draft. as a result, the Bengals will be allowed to remain in the NFL. however, should they ever accused the Patriots of any untoward behavoiur again, they are immediately banned for life plus.

Just now, Nester said:

I wish news of news was not actually seen as news that necessitates its own thread. Wait until the news comes out for Pete’s sake!

We’re all here to read someone’s news about someone else’s news about the news. I don’t know what the big issue is here!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

I'm supposed to see Guns N' Roses at MetLife on July 18th. I doubt that happens.

I have a 3 and half year old at home and this was the first summer in 4 years I actually planned to see shows. I had tickets to Trey Anastasio Band and the Stones both canceled. Have tickets for Dave Mathews and the black crows and I assume those will be as well. Bummer but I just hope we get football 

47 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If it's a "league thing" I don't know how Glazer could be the only one to know it.  Schefter has to be more plugged in than this guy.  Rappaport too.  Those guys guys break scoops year round.  Glazer rarely does.

I dunno.  I can’t imagine that it’s anything significant.  

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Yeah, there is no point in announcing any sort of cancellation or delay of the season,  in April.  Even if that were likely to happen, there would be no benefit to announcing it now.  Interest in the draft (the only thing not cancelled in pro-sports)...and even if you thing Glazar is "breaking" a story that the NFL does not want out there, I think he is so entrenched in the NFL, he realizes it wouldn't benefit anyone or anything to break a story like that right now.

Also, NFL owners are literally meeting with Trump this week to discuss bringing sports back. There's no way they're ready to announce the cancellation of the season before the meeting even occurs.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Also, NFL owners are literally meeting with Trump this week to discuss bringing sports back. There's no way they're ready to announce the cancellation of the season before the meeting even occurs.

That’s a point for sure, but the states governors will have the last day on that, States have that authority over the Federal government under states rights, all states  have that authority concerning citizens health and safety. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I bet it’s going to be something to do with the draft and money for COVID-19 research. He said that it was good news. My guess is that the NFL sets up a large fund to support the cause.

This was exactly my thought as well.  They will be donating money from the draft to COVID research and first responders/frontline medical staff.

• Like (+1) 1