Jay Glazer: I will break big, national news tomorrow

Someone I know who’s dialed to the NFL said that Glazer’s contacts are with the league, but not so much with players and agents.  He has no idea what the announcement is.  Should be league-related though.  Possibly something like Goodell officially announcing that he’ll retire after the season, which would not exactly be breaking news. 

Edited by BarleyNY

7 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Didn't he pull this stunt before?

Yes, yes he did, it will be about Cam Newton likely to the Falcons or some such a thing... ?

26 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Season will be canceled sooner than later, book it. Concerts are already getting postponed until the fall of 2021. Most Fortune 500 companies are not even allowed to entertain until earliest February of 2021. It stinks but it is coming

Yeah. Ticketmaster has already announced they won't give refunds. Bastages. I bought a lot of concert tickets this summer.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

6 hours ago, Mango said:

The league has been quite about it but I have to imagine they have contingency plans for 12, 10, 8, 6 week etc seasons planned. 

Imagine a 6 week season, divisional games only. 

I forgot where I read it ( I think it was Chris Mortensen) but the rumor was when the NFL schedule comes out that the divisional games will be backloaded in case the NFL has to go with a plan B reduced schedule with a later start.

51 minutes ago, jletha said:

He also broke the OBJ trade news. When he has something it is usually real and big. He doesnt meddle in the small-time news.

One guess: Gronk coming out of retirement and playing for the Buccs.

That has been rumored quite a bit 

42 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Season will be canceled sooner than later, book it. Concerts are already getting postponed until the fall of 2021. Most Fortune 500 companies are not even allowed to entertain until earliest February of 2021. It stinks but it is coming

Different story with football, which makes its money off of TV. They will just play without fans and then eventually they will play with some fans spaced apart and no tailgating and so on.

Edited by YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, Cal said:

Cam to the Patriots?

Yes.  Pats will come up with high profile player.  Everyone knows that Pats, Boys, Pack, get inside help to be banner teams.  A shoe has to drop for Pats.  Here’s my big tip that I’ll release right now:  Matt Ryan to Pats. Hear me now, believe me later.  

1 hour ago, jletha said:

He also broke the OBJ trade news. When he has something it is usually real and big. He doesnt meddle in the small-time news.

One guess: Gronk coming out of retirement and playing for the Buccs.

Don't see that happening so soon after Gronk signed a contract with the WWE.

27 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yeah. Ticketmaster has already announced they won't give refunds. Bastages. I bought a lot of concert tickets this summer.

I have Roger Waters tickets for Philly and Vegas

57 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Someone I know who’s dialed to the NFL said that Glazer’s contacts are with the league, but not so much with players and agents.  

I'm pretty sure Jay has a vast network of contacts. I know he's been brought in to train with teams, and he currently co-owns a MMA gym w/ B. Urlacher. Their focus is training NFL players. I know this article is a few years old now, but he's been actively doing this for for several years now. No clue what his breaking news is, but he's been pretty reliable and again he has a vast network of connections.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/07/24/jay-glazer-mma-training-nfl

"Glazer says he has had 30 players in-house for workouts. Some, such as Eagles tackle Lane Johnson, are trying go from starter to Pro Bowler. Some, such as veteran 49ers running back Reggie Bush, are trying to prove they still have it. Some, such as burgeoning Giants star Odell Beckham Jr., are working on very specific skills. "

"This offseason, the regulars include a mix of established stars (Eagles RB DeMarco Murray, Cardinals DE Calais Campbell), veterans looking to break through (Lions RB Joique Bell, Falcons DE Tyson Jackson, Washington S Dashon Goldson), young players hoping to build Pro Bowl futures (Eagles TE Zach Ertz, Giants OT Justin Pugh, Falcons DT Ra’Shede Hageman) and role players aiming to climb a depth chart (Giants DT Markus Kuhn, Washington S Jeron Johnson, Jaguars LB LaRoy Reynolds)."

Edited by babulator
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BigBuff423 said:

To those who've speculated on the delay of the NFL season, maybe that's accurate, but hard for me to believe that for several reasons. Although the one that stands out most, is why would Goodell then insist - to the point of GMs calling in picks from their basement - on the Draft happening as scheduled. They already lost the venue, they've had to make serious adjustments to how the picks will be delivered via digital mediums and it loses the fan fare and hype that has been so wonderful during the football drought season (Spring). If the season were going to be pushed back or cancelled, it wouldn't make sense to bull ahead at all costs to have the Draft as scheduled. Roger would have postponed until such a time where he could regain the attention and media circus that is the NFL Draft because if the season were cancelled or seriously delayed, there would be no rush to have the Draft now. JMO.

Don't mind the pessimists, they act like they have all the answers & their voice is final deciding factor.  Once this will be all over, and I think it will be over or at least contained soon, there will be a portion of society that choses to be holed up in the ir house, even after the CDC states it is safe to go out.  The world will go by them but it is their choice.  Good thought out post.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1