Brees to be Groomed to Replace Collinsworth at NBC After Retirement

TroutDog

1 hour ago, QB Bills said:

Cris Collinsworth is the best colour guy in football. Only pompom-waving homers don't see that.

But he's also a total creep..

Collinsworth likes girls that aren't too bright, because those were the only ones he could get to go out with him.  It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

10 minutes ago, Success said:

Never understood the CC hate.  I really enjoy his commentary....

His commentary is sufficient. I think it's mostly a personality thing. He's the NFL's biggest shill, but that's what he's paid to do, so....

35 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Collinsworth likes girls that aren't too bright, because those were the only ones he could get to go out with him.  It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

he loves ages 14-18....wow

those were different times

Whether it’s to replace CC isn’t determined yet. I read one that said NBC might try to bid for more games when the broadcasting rights auction is re-upped in a couple-few years (2022?). So, DB might be color analyst for a #2 broadcast team. ??‍♂️

Isn't Drew Brees a huge tool as well? Remember that thing with the jewelry? Who in their right mind invests huge amounts in jewelry?

8 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

We have no idea how well Brees will communicate concepts to the average viewer. I also have a unique brand of dislike for him after the 2011 CBA negotiations when he donned his puppy dog face and claimed “all we want is to play football”. Oh yeah? Well if that’s all you want then take whatever offer the owners are presenting because you get paid millions to play a game and shut up. Either that, or be honest and say what you really want: a deal that maximizes revenue and provided benefits for retired players, etc. Man that pissed me off.

Yeah... seems like they may just be swapping out tools ?‍♂️

8 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Isn't Drew Brees a huge tool as well? Remember that thing with the jewelry? Who in their right mind invests huge amounts in jewelry?

Yeah... seems like they may just be swapping out tools ?‍♂️

He has tens of millions of dollars in the bank.  Who cares if he wants to use some of it to buy jewelry?

8 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

He has tens of millions of dollars in the bank.  Who cares if he wants to use some of it to buy jewelry?

There was a lawsuit and Brees was talking about investing in jewelry pieces, which is why he overpaid. He just sounded ridiculous to me. I believe they did win the lawsuit, though. Or won something from it.

I have to laugh at Collinsworth getting so much hate and Brees getting so much love.

Sure, CC gets stuck on one or two talking points and promotes PFF way too often, but he’s outstanding as a color guy.

Collinsworth is one of the absolute best at what he does and has been for decades.  People here love to pretend that the Bills are martyrs and that PFF is somehow out to get them because reasons.  The truth is that the Bills are one of the least cared about teams in the NFL.  Buffalo is the definition of a small market, the team hasn’t been good enough for the last quarter century to develop a fanbase outside its footprint, and they have no real rivals.  Nobody has ever decided that they can get national exposure by underrating Buffalo’s talent because 98% of casual fans see “Buffalo Bills” in the title and keep right on scrolling.

Anyone who thinks that Chris Collinsworth has issued some sort of organizational directive to disrespect the Bills in order to generate clicks or to serve some personal vendetta has a persecution complex.  

Edited by Billl
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, TroutDog said:

This is music to my ears as I really loathe Collinsworth. The article also says ESPN went after him but he chose NBC. Further decline of ESPN. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/04/10/drew-brees-reportedly-will-join-nbc-sports-analyst-role-after-retiring-nfl/

This does NOT solve our Booger problem. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I have to laugh at Collinsworth getting so much hate and Brees getting so much love.

Sure, CC gets stuck on one or two talking points and promotes PFF way too often, but he’s outstanding as a color guy.

We have no idea how well Brees will communicate concepts to the average viewer. I also have a unique brand of dislike for him after the 2011 CBA negotiations when he donned his puppy dog face and claimed “all we want is to play football”. Oh yeah? Well if that’s all you want then take whatever offer the owners are presenting because you get paid millions to play a game and shut up. Either that, or be honest and say what you really want: a deal that maximizes revenue and provided benefits for retired players, etc. Man that pissed me off.

But anyway, back on topic: not every ex player is Tony Romo. Maybe Brees will be stupendous and I’ll look forward to listening to him. Maybe he’ll be a train wreck like Dan Fouts.

Good points.  That article is assuming all that will happen down the road.  The thread title is misleading.  They are tossing him some ND games and the article is connecting the dots to Collinsworth's retirement in 2 years.

My opinion of CC has changed over the years.  He started off bad, but really seemed to take his job seriously as a professional.  He got quite good and insightful there for awhile, but then he fell back down into pretty bad territory.  A lot of it is getting stuck on talking points, some of which are very questionable to begin with.  Then there’s my biggest pet peeve - when he does little besides state the obvious.

6 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Dude, every single fan thinks every single national commentator is against their team.

Yeah but this is Buffalo so we don't think it, we know it.

4 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

This thread has me thinking...

What ever happened to Dan Dierdorf?

He does color now on Michigan radio.  He's also 70 years old.

On 4/11/2020 at 5:50 AM, thebandit27 said:

Sure, CC gets stuck on one or two talking points and promotes PFF way too often, but he’s outstanding as a color guy.

But anyway, back on topic: not every ex player is Tony Romo. Maybe Brees will be stupendous and I’ll look forward to listening to him. Maybe he’ll be a train wreck like Dan Fouts.

He's unlistenable, in my opinion. Can't stand his voice. Can't stand his takes. I see nothing outstanding about him.