Brees to be Groomed to Replace Collinsworth at NBC After Retirement

TroutDog

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I have to laugh at Collinsworth getting so much hate and Brees getting so much love.

Sure, CC gets stuck on one or two talking points and promotes PFF way too often, but he’s outstanding as a color guy.

We have no idea how well Brees will communicate concepts to the average viewer. I also have a unique brand of dislike for him after the 2011 CBA negotiations when he donned his puppy dog face and claimed “all we want is to play football”. Oh yeah? Well if that’s all you want then take whatever offer the owners are presenting because you get paid millions to play a game and shut up. Either that, or be honest and say what you really want: a deal that maximizes revenue and provided benefits for retired players, etc. Man that pissed me off.

But anyway, back on topic: not every ex player is Tony Romo. Maybe Brees will be stupendous and I’ll look forward to listening to him. Maybe he’ll be a train wreck like Dan Fouts.

I completely agree Bandit. I don't think any color guy is better with 10 seconds and the telestrator at communicating the success or failure of a play without distracting from the next snap. Romo is better before the snap but Collinsworth's ability to break a play down perfectly seconds after it happened is second to none. 

I am a Drew Brees fan he is my favourite non-Bill in the league but to just presume he can do that job as well as Collinsworth is crazy. 

To me Michaels and Collinsworth are still the premier pairing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

That will be refreshing to say the least. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I completely agree Bandit. I don't think any color guy is better with 10 seconds and the telestrator at communicating the success or failure of a play without distracting from the next snap. Romo is better before the snap but Collinsworth's ability to break a play down perfectly seconds after it happened is second to none. 

I am a Drew Brees fan he is my favourite non-Bill in the league but to just presume he can do that job as well as Collinsworth is crazy. 

To me Michaels and Collinsworth are still the premier pairing. 

yeah - CC stands out for identifying patterns within the game.  A lot of times it seems like he spots matchups that are being exploited faster than the coaches being exploited do. 

• Like (+1) 1

OMG!!! What a bunch of sensitive cupcakes some of you are.  PFF didn’t rate all our players as being awesome. I hate Collinsworth now!!! ?

such a typical we can’t think for ourselves move.  Romo is awesome so all nfl qbs will be awesome at the job, right?  Brees is an all time great but literally seems like one of most uninteresting and boring personalities in all of sports.  

12 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

For me with CC, he comes across as so one sided and that shouldn’t be what he’s there to be. While he is certainly highly knowledgeable, the negative slant towards one team is insufferable. 

Dude, every single fan thinks every single national commentator is against their team.  When you’re a national guy, you can’t just praise the Bills.  You guys know that right?  It’s not a home broadcast.  These guys literally could care less who wins.  Matter of fact, the Bills being good is a pretty big story. 

I swear if any person dares to question Allen during a game, fans here just think they are completely biased against the Bills.  

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The issue with collinsworth is that he just never shuts up. It could be a 1 yard run up the middle in the first quarter and the guy is giving you 300 words about it before the next snap. Let the game breathe every once in a while.

He also has become such a Patriots lover/apologist.  Even when he wasn't calling a New England game, he would find a way to work in a comment about how perfect the Patriots were.  I used to like him...until his love for the Patriots became too much.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

such a typical we can’t think for ourselves move.  Romo is awesome so all nfl qbs will be awesome at the job, right?  Brees is an all time great but literally seems like one of most uninteresting and boring personalities in all of sports.  

Dude, every single fan thinks every single national commentator is against their team.  When you’re a national guy, you can’t just praise the Bills.  You guys know that right?  It’s not a home broadcast.  These guys literally could care less who wins.  Matter of fact, the Bills being good is a pretty big story. 

I swear if any person dares to question Allen during a game, fans here just think they are completely biased against the Bills.  

That is not at all what I said. I am merely pointing out what I hear when I listen to him, that’s all. We can disagree without spazzing out or making something out to be more than it is. 

I wasn’t only talking about when he talks about the Bills. He’s clearly deeply opinionated and that’s not appealing to me. Simple as that. 

4 hours ago, TroutDog said:

This is music to my ears as I really loathe Collinsworth. The article also says ESPN went after him but he chose NBC. Further decline of ESPN. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/04/10/drew-brees-reportedly-will-join-nbc-sports-analyst-role-after-retiring-nfl/

Wow i guess every one has their opinion & mine is much different i always thought CC did a good job as the color man with Al & seeing as their Sunday night games are among the most watched in the nation & i would imagine seeing as you are complaining about him that you watch it too that team of commentators along with that game are more popular than your criticism of him . JMHO ...

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TroutDog said:

This is music to my ears as I really loathe Collinsworth. The article also says ESPN went after him but he chose NBC. Further decline of ESPN. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/04/10/drew-brees-reportedly-will-join-nbc-sports-analyst-role-after-retiring-nfl/

I used to like Collinsworth but I noticed changes in him which correspond to purchase of PFF in 2014.

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Collinsworth can suck a dick

Ironic from RobRiddick

4 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I have to laugh at Collinsworth getting so much hate and Brees getting so much love.

Sure, CC gets stuck on one or two talking points and promotes PFF way too often, but he’s outstanding as a color guy.

We have no idea how well Brees will communicate concepts to the average viewer. I also have a unique brand of dislike for him after the 2011 CBA negotiations when he donned his puppy dog face and claimed “all we want is to play football”. Oh yeah? Well if that’s all you want then take whatever offer the owners are presenting because you get paid millions to play a game and shut up. Either that, or be honest and say what you really want: a deal that maximizes revenue and provided benefits for retired players, etc. Man that pissed me off.

But anyway, back on topic: not every ex player is Tony Romo. Maybe Brees will be stupendous and I’ll look forward to listening to him. Maybe he’ll be a train wreck like Dan Fouts.

How dare a voice of reason seep into this ... 

• Like (+1) 2