Jalen Ramsey tells Tre White on IG that he should leave Buffalo

28 minutes ago, MJS said:

He's saying bad things about his former team, which is pretty common. But I'd say that's the definition of "throwing shade". Fans can react in an insecure fashion of they want, but it is for sure "throwing shade".

If Tre White was to leave, I guarantee you that he wouldn't say anything bad about Buffalo. He would thank the fans and the organization and say he's excited about his new opportunities. Because he is a classy guy.

But if he likes a tweet that says he's doing better than when he was in Buffalo, look out. This board would lose it's collective mind.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Allen got talked about a ton, both good and bad, especially after the playoff game.  And Gilmore had 2 defensive tds while Tre didn’t have one.  Again, who’s more famous: Ramsey in LA or Rodgers in GB which is the size of AMHERST?

and without looking it up, who was the Giants RG during the SB years and name their endorsements?  You can’t because most people don’t care about RGs.  Just like a lot of people don’t care about corners.  Football players in general will never be as famous as basketball players because they wear helmets and there’s a lot more of them.  

the funny thing about Ramsey is he probably got more attention in Jacksonville.  He’s a nobody in LA.  Same thing with Tre.  It’s why Kelly and Thurman moved back to Buffalo.  They are just regular dudes in their 50s anywhere else.  They are Gods in WNY. 

And this doesn’t even happen or else Miami would be a powerhouse and get every FA.  

If Rodgers had the career he's had so far with the Giants or Cowboys, he would have more name recognition than he has now. Hell, Eli Manning is talked about as a Hall of Fame QB! Not sure why you put Jalen and Aaaron in the same sentence.

I'm sure the RG for the Giants during the SB years had more endorsements than ours. Again, not sure why you included a RG.

None of what you wrote changes the fact that Tre would have better name recognition if he was an all pro cb in a bigger market. That was the premise of my 1st post. Adding a RG to your point or comparing Aaron Rodgers to Jalen to try and prove otherwise feels like a reach. I made a simple statement, Jalen isn't wrong to say Tre would have more name recognition in a bigger market.

39 minutes ago, Dopey said:

If Rodgers had the career he's had so far with the Giants or Cowboys, he would have more name recognition than he has now. Hell, Eli Manning is talked about as a Hall of Fame QB! Not sure why you put Jalen and Aaaron in the same sentence.

I'm sure the RG for the Giants during the SB years had more endorsements than ours. Again, not sure why you included a RG.

None of what you wrote changes the fact that Tre would have better name recognition if he was an all pro cb in a bigger market. That was the premise of my 1st post. Adding a RG to your point or comparing Aaron Rodgers to Jalen to try and prove otherwise feels like a reach. I made a simple statement, Jalen isn't wrong to say Tre would have more name recognition in a bigger market.

Totally false.  Anyone who knows football knows his name.  And he's been on so many commercials that even non-fans know his name.

• Like (+1) 4

28 minutes ago, Doc said:

Totally false.  Anyone who knows football knows his name.  And he's been on so many commercials that even non-fans know his name.

"Totally false" in your opinion.

You have your take and I have mine. He would be more recognizable if he had the same career in NY. Would it help if I said IMO?

Money is a consideration for players, of course, but their organization also is.  The Bills go out of their way to show respect to their players, and that contributes to the good morale and close-knit bonding that the Bills have. 

Who knows, White might leave some day, I hope not, but someone could offer him a ridiculous amount of money, and how could Tre turn that down?  But I think it's likely that he'll be happy staying in Buffalo and getting paid hugely for doing so.

20 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Money is a consideration for players, of course, but their organization also is.  The Bills go out of their way to show respect to their players, and that contributes to the good morale and close-knit bonding that the Bills have. 

Who knows, White might leave some day, I hope not, but someone could offer him a ridiculous amount of money, and how could Tre turn that down?  But I think it's likely that he'll be happy staying in Buffalo and getting paid hugely for doing so.

I agree that he’s not going anywhere. The reality is it is really simple. There is a market set by comparable players. The next guy up gets more than the comparable player before him and so on. Tre, at some point will be the next guy up and will be the highest paid CB in the league. At some point it will be the next guy and then the one after him, etc... The Bills know this. 

7 hours ago, section122 said:

Of all the homegrown talent that the Bills want to re-sign Tre makes me the most nervous that he actually will.  It seems like he likes it here but stuff like this has to be in the back of his mind.  Gilmore stated it as a big reason why he left Buffalo and unfortunately he was right.  He was a good player here but left and now is considered one of the best so much that he (undeservedly) got defensive poty.  Add in the fact that McDermott is a db guru and can get success from unlikely places and I am nervous he won't be back.  Josh Norman in Carolina keeps coming up in my head.

This also goes to show that with players, Buffalo's reputation has not recovered yet.  Ramsey was right that team success needs to come first but that is true for any perennial bottom dweller which the Bills were for most of the last 20 years.  Hoping Tre stays but unfortunately won't be shocked if he doesn't.

TO BE FAIR--Jalen Ramsey is literally the only player in the last 20 years that has been embarrassed by the Buffalo Bills. 

As the kids would say, he talked sh*t and got hit.

And that's saying something, considering the team went from being absolute trash, to being pretty much the "nice guys" of the league--they basically talk zero trash, and even when they're getting clubbed in the back of the head, they just get up, pat some ass, and go about their business.

When Ramsey thinks of Buffalo, he's bringing a singularly unique perspective to the conversation.

It's like, if your boy got beat up by a quadriplegic and then went a rant that the city needed to tear up wheel chair ramps and curb cuts, you might be looking at him with a degree of skepticism.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Dopey said:

Yes, I think Tre would have more name recognition as a Giant than a Bill if he played like he did last year. I don't have any Cowboys names for you, cuz they aren't any good. Hell, we scored 26 point on them! Tre is damn good and would have made a name for himself in Dallas too. I could probably rattle off a few more teams where he would have more recognition than here. NE is just one example. We have a few people here who say Tre should be DPOTY over Gilmore. If these players switched teams last year and had the same season they just had, I think Tre wins DPOTY over Gilmore. Why? Because NE has more name recognition than Buffalo in the NFL and with NFL fans. But, back to my original post, Jalen isn't wrong in saying White would have more name recognition if he moved to a bigger market.

??? The Cowboys D has finished in the top of the league each of the past 6 years in terms of points allowed and has twice been in the top 6.  They were 8th in net yards per passing attempt - the key stat for passing - last season and in 2017. 

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

Byron Jones. Who just got the most GTD money by a DB ever. This game is easy lol

I didn't ask you; I asked Dopey - who by his response to me showed me that he didn't know the answer. I expect many people here would know; there are a lot of smart, knowledgeable fans here.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I can answer this without looking it up but I am probably not a good test because I can probably name 80% of the starters for most of the teams in the league. Byron Jones and the guy @thebandit27 likes - african surname begins with A - started at corner for the Cowboys in 2019. Awuize? Spelling is my issue not recognition. 

I feel like Landon Collins had more name value in New York even on a bad team than Micah Hyde had here. That is where my comparison comes from. 

Not asking you! I know you'd know the answer. But I also don't think you're unwise enough to think that playing CB for the Giants or the Cowboys really raises your profile much. If the team is good and you're elite, people will know about you. The Bills have a top-shelf defense and a good team overall. Plus they are a good story. Hence more people are aware of White than the guys playing on the back end of defense for the most valuable franchise in the world. 

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

"Totally false" in your opinion.

You have your take and I have mine. He would be more recognizable if he had the same career in NY. Would it help if I said IMO?

Do you think that Eli Manning is more recognizable than Rodgers? 

2 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Jalen went from the worst NFL market to possibly the second worst. LA is a terrible football market, and if those guys aren’t winning Super Bowls, no one in the local or national media is going to notice them. 

So true. Still a Laker/Dodger town long before it cares for the Rams or Chargers....

2 hours ago, Doc said:

I just asked my beautiful Filipina wife what NFL QBs she could name off the top of her head.  Here are her answers in order: Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Josh Allen, Jim Kelly, EJ Manuel,  and Payton "Mr. Omaha" Manning.

Rodgers was the first QB she named.  Rodgers doesn't suffer for name recognition.  

I’m going to steal some word out of Karlos Williams’s vocab and suggest that Jalen can eat a dick. He should also mind his own f’ing business. Besides that, once players on the Pats gain national recognition, they are usually cut or traded. 

20 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I just asked my beautiful Filipina wife what NFL QBs she could name off the top of her head.  Here are her answers in order: Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Josh Allen, Jim Kelly, EJ Manuel,  and Payton "Mr. Omaha" Manning.

Rodgers was the first QB she named.  Rodgers doesn't suffer for name recognition.  

I saw a poll from 2017 asking for the most famous athletes in the world.  Rodgers was 56.  Eli was 60th.

15 hours ago, bilzfancy said:

2 ways to get recognition, play good on a good team or be a loud mouth douchebag, thankfully, Tre is the former

And Ramsey is the later. My Dad used to say it's the gift of God to be able to see ourselves as others see us. How do guys not realize how this sort of blather sounds to well adjusted people? Oh wait. I think I just answered my own question.

Jalen Ramsey just proved that he’s a quitter and is mentally weak. He quit on the Jags, he’ll quit on the Rams and will likely quit on his next team and the team thereafter until he’s a washed up corner that’s been on 4-5 teams. Tre trusts in the process, he’s a stalwart on a playoff team, he will get paid and will likely be on the Bills for his entire career, it’s as simple as that.

The only thing I took away from that was any where but Buffalo. Let em' have the glamour and just win baby.

But yet it does leave the question... Is Tre actually not as popular as he could be because he plays for the Bills?