Petty Whine - put it here. Let it all out

36 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

And barbers. I'm looking pretty grizzled.

Yep.  I probably would have gotten a haircut this past Saturday ... if not, then definitely this coming Saturday.

I might get ballsy and search youtube for a quick do it yourself tutorial.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yep.  I probably would have gotten a haircut this past Saturday ... if not, then definitely this coming Saturday.

Meh, at this point I'll just let it grow.

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I don't know if you need a haircut, bad, but Covid 19 is leading to a lot of bad haircuts.

I've been cutting my own hair for years.1/4 inch all around, usually do it twice a week. Own a condo. Guess what a lot of people in my building are doing for haircuts now? 1/4 inch all around. There is no haircut so bad that a week won't fix it.

2 hours ago, Steve O said:

I've been cutting my own hair for years.1/4 inch all around, usually do it twice a week. Own a condo. Guess what a lot of people in my building are doing for haircuts now? 1/4 inch all around. There is no haircut so bad that a week won't fix it.

Raiders owner Mark Davis calls out A's, city of Oakland

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’m due for a haircut. Rule one of thinning hair; KEEP YO LETTUCE TIGHT.

Also, been working on a biz plan for over 4 years and was tightening it up to pitch the bank before the end of march. Well, on one hand thank goodness I didn’t sign for a biz loan right before all this craziness, but on the other dammit all if/when the economy is absolutely shot when this is all over.

2 hours ago, Steve O said:

33 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Raiders owner Mark Davis calls out A's, city of Oakland

I stand corrected

Edited by Steve O
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

And barbers. I'm looking pretty grizzled.

Hubby has clippers and wants me to give him a cut. To be honest, I couldn't do much worse than some of the barbers he goes to... shesh. ?‍♂️

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

Hubby has clippers and wants me to give him a cut. To be honest, I couldn't do much worse than some of the barbers he goes to... shesh. ?‍♂️

I have a REALLY good barber, old italian dude. Always does a good job. And he's cheap.

43 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Rule one of thinning hair; KEEP YO LETTUCE TIGHT.

Mine was gradually thinning for about 20 years. I finally got tired of the "helplessly going bald" look and replaced it with the "shave it off and own it" look. I haven't gone to a barber in two years. Two minutes every morning with a razor does the job.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WhoTom said:

Mine was gradually thinning for about 20 years. I finally got tired of the "helplessly going bald" look and replaced it with the "shave it off and own it" look. I haven't gone to a barber in two years. Two minutes every morning with a razor does the job.

Yeah, I kinda worked that backwards haha, started thinning in my mid 20’s and kinda panicked and did the buzz thing. 

Then a few years later kinda let it grow in a little and my barber friend said “we can work with that”, so I do a nice tight fade w a little top cover.

No bones about buzzin it again though in the meantime. 

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

• Haha (+1) 1

On 4/5/2020 at 11:48 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

On a more serious note, there's more cat food in the house than human food.  ?  ?  Not sure how this will play out.  Stay tuned.

Just had two pizzas delivered.  The ? is looking noticeably relieved.

22 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Chances are 50/50 that my right leg below my knee will be saved. Tough spot for me now....so happy to be at home now after 4 months away.I do need another surgery because of a bypass issue...home nurse care twice a week to prevent infection.

That's no petty whine. That's some serious s#it!  Thoughts and prayers go out to you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I had a draft trip planned.  

23 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Chances are 50/50 that my right leg below my knee will be saved. Tough spot for me now....so happy to be at home now after 4 months away.I do need another surgery because of a bypass issue...home nurse care twice a week to prevent infection.

Get yourself better!

Edited by Cripple Creek
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 4/5/2020 at 2:30 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

Having to cancel my sons 5th birthday party,  having my daughters soccer season pretty much wiped out  as well as my sons first season of Tball.

Having to cancel my son's 4th birthday party,

having my daughters soccer season pretty much wiped out (first year travel, practiced all winter), and my 5 year olds first tball season is history too.

Similar disappointments 

• 2 weeks later...

When hand sanitizer became a “thing” about 20 years ago, I became a huge fan. Since then, I always carried around a small bottle, and had a bottle in the car and at work.

Now all you knuckleheads have raided the stores and I can’t get any hand sanitizer! And I was using it way before it became cool!! 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

When hand sanitizer became a “thing” about 20 years ago, I became a huge fan. Since then, I always carried around a small bottle, and had a bottle in the car and at work.

Now all you knuckleheads have raided the stores and I can’t get any hand sanitizer! And I was using it way before it became cool!! 

So, before you were a cautious and clean person, you were a 'germophobe'.  ?

5 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Chandler#81 closed the Jay Glazer thread before I could whine about Glazer's Earth shattering news!  In fine MMA style, I think someone needs to punch Glazer in the throat!

?

Now I suppose I'll have to go look up what his earth shattering news was.

1 hour ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I'll go you one pettier.  I have a bottle of hand sanitizer in my car I hate the smell of, but I'm using it because I can't get something I like better

• Haha (+1) 1

thinking about oiling up the ol’ clippers this evening.

I don’t have a ton of small pleasures, but a legit haircut every 3-4 weeks is definitely one of them.

Also, been working on a small tavern plan for about 5 years now, was ramping up to pitch the banks by the end of march. had a spot, a tentative lease and bought and paid for architect plans ready to go. dammit.

but on the other hand, i cannot imagine what would have happened if I was a month or two ahead of that and had signed the lease and signed for the biz loan and then boom. it’d be DOA.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/5/2020 at 5:44 PM, DrW said:

At home, I am accustomed to run around without a shirt, as my wife likes the temperature Sahara-like. Fortunately, we switched off the video after about a minute to preserve bandwidth.

Yes...they told you it was a 'bandwidth' issue.  ?

?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

thinking about oiling up the ol’ clippers this evening.

I don’t have a ton of small pleasures, but a legit haircut every 3-4 weeks is definitely one of them.

Also, been working on a small tavern plan for about 5 years now, was ramping up to pitch the banks by the end of march. had a spot, a tentative lease and bought and paid for architect plans ready to go. dammit.

but on the other hand, i cannot imagine what would have happened if I was a month or two ahead of that and had signed the lease and signed for the biz loan and then boom. it’d be DOA.

Yeah, we have two hopeful restaurants in our neighborhood that were in the process of remodelling and applying for permits to open, had hoped to open by early summer.

They're in a world of hurt right now, I imagine.

45 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, we have two hopeful restaurants in our neighborhood that were in the process of remodelling and applying for permits to open, had hoped to open by early summer.

They're in a world of hurt right now, I imagine.

Awful, just awful.

Disclaimer first, I’m well aware that many, many ppl/families/businesses are currently much worse off than myself, and I count my blessings daily.

But dammit, my tavern plan is/was my potential ticket out of healthcare. I work in a specialized field with a very specific degree that really does me no good anywhere else. 10+ years in a high paced, money money money first facility and I am absolutely burnt out. 

I’m very passionate about small business & the food & drink experience, and the stars were aligning. Was gonna hold the job til the tavern took hold....but here we are.

Even if my plan is kaput, I do plan to get out of healthcare. It’s not even about the $ at this point.

So if anyone’s lookin for a bartender/manager....

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'll go you one pettier.  I have a bottle of hand sanitizer in my car I hate the smell of, but I'm using it because I can't get something I like better

Same on both counts. I now have less than a 1/2 inch of a 2oz bottle of terrible smelling sanitizer in my car. That's the only place I really need it, as I can wash my hands anywhere else. I may have to resort to toting soap, bottled water and clean towels with me.

30 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Awful, just awful.

Disclaimer first, I’m well aware that many, many ppl/families/businesses are currently much worse off than myself, and I count my blessings daily.

But dammit, my tavern plan is/was my potential ticket out of healthcare. I work in a specialized field with a very specific degree that really does me no good anywhere else. 10+ years in a high paced, money money money first facility and I am absolutely burnt out. 

I’m very passionate about small business & the food & drink experience, and the stars were aligning. Was gonna hold the job til the tavern took hold....but here we are.

Even if my plan is kaput, I do plan to get out of healthcare. It’s not even about the $ at this point.

So if anyone’s lookin for a bartender/manager....

I will be "hopeful" here that we will come through this, and your plan for a tavern will be able to come to fruition...next year

Another Aruba cancellation. We were going along w/ two other families, sharing our piece of paradise w/ others. Nope, not happening. Parlayed that into Hawaii at the end of September. God forbid that gets canceled too. Still hoping to go back to Buffalo at the end of August to see my daughter. And do what? Who knows now, we were supposed to go to Toronto and see the A's play the BJ's. That sounds like a big whine...much deserved, I'm doing my part my sheltering in place...need to have something to look forward to. 

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I will be "hopeful" here that we will come through this, and your plan for a tavern will be able to come to fruition...next year

yeah that’s would be fantastic, spring open. i’d sign up for that scenario in a heartbeat.

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I’ve kept a bottle of sanitizer in the compartment between my front seats for years. I rarely use it these days, but was happy to know it was there in recent weeks. I was far less happy to find that the cap came off at some point. Everything in there has been......very well sanitized at some point. 

Only chain restaurants are open near us, all the good mom and pops are closed, at least temporarily. I haven’t even gotten takeout in well over a month. I found one place I had been enjoying for about 6 months is open for takeout with a limited menu. All the things I’ve been enjoying are missing from the temporary menu, but the things I didn’t care for much are front and center. Yay.....anything at this point.....

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...gas is down to $1.90 a gallon but Bourbon has NOT followed suit.....dammit...……………..

My buddy texted he lost $40k in the market one week, but he saved $1.34 filling up on gas. ?‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, 707BillsFan said:

Another Aruba cancellation. We were going along w/ two other families, sharing our piece of paradise w/ others. Nope, not happening. Parlayed that into Hawaii at the end of September. God forbid that gets canceled too. Still hoping to go back to Buffalo at the end of August to see my daughter. And do what? Who knows now, we were supposed to go to Toronto and see the A's play the BJ's. That sounds like a big whine...much deserved, I'm doing my part my sheltering in place...need to have something to look forward to. 

...same here..annual trip with my kids and daughter in law for Mar 22 to Mar 29.......was taking Delta this time through JFK versus United through Newark....cancellation was a Godsend with BOTH being hotspots....

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, The Dean said:

Same on both counts. I now have less than a 1/2 inch of a 2oz bottle of terrible smelling sanitizer in my car. That's the only place I really need it, as I can wash my hands anywhere else. I may have to resort to toting soap, bottled water and clean towels with me.

Part of my wife's job is ordering the little giveaways, like pens, notepads, etc, when her department attends health fairs. Well, she likes to look for those things that most places are not giving away. She's currently storing/hoarding about 5,000 bottles of sanitizer that she ordered last fall in her office so it doesn't disappear. Meanwhile, the Infectious Disease Department is emailing everyone in the hospital looking for sanitizer. 

Edited by Just Jack

I have about $500 invested in Rolling Stones tickets for couple different shows this summer... it was supposed to be my first real vacation in a couple of years. Never imagined 6 weeks off with nothing to do, down one of two jobs.  I may be having to ask Jagger & Richards for a stimulus check soon.