Would anyone look at maybe calling the Jaguars about Fournette?

9 hours ago, Nelius said:

I get it to an extent and can understand the "draft disappointment" label but he's definitely not anywhere near Trent Richardson. He's still got a future in the league. And he's coming off his best season, 2018 could have been the outlier. It would be a different story completely if he put up those numbers last year, but he put it all together a bit last year and is still only 25. I'd take a shot on him.

I understand where your coming from, but adding Fournette doesn’t immediately make the team better. Plus he’s gonna demand a big contract at the end of this year, it’s obvious in the NFL of today you don’t pay RBs you just keep drafting them. RBs don’t have a market anymore like they used to. I guarantee Carolina cuts McCaffrey after a couple years just like the Rams did to Gurley. The guys in the draft have more upside than Fournette. Plus we don’t know if he’s want to play here to begin with. He doesn’t like Buffalo

9 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

What I was saying was that WE can pick up his 5th year option, not them. So, we would have him for 2 years. Secondly, no he hasn't been a draft disappointment. He has ran over 1000 yards in 2 of his 3 years in the league. He missed most of his 2nd year with an injury. And last year he had 1152 yards rushing and 76 catches out of the backfield for another 522 yards. He had over 1600 combined yards. You're way off on this

No I’m not, he has been a draft disappointment, I’ve watched him his last 3 years in Jax and I’m not in the slightest impressed. He paving the same direction Reggie bush went. Yes he’s talented but but he’s injury prone and until last year he hadn’t played a full season. Plus he doesn’t like Buffalo and I highly doubt he would play for us if traded or released. 

1 hour ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I guess pretty much carrying the offense in their AFC championship year was very disappointing for them....

That was the defense that was carrying them that 1 year not Fournette lol. Plus Bortles looked like he’d somewhat gotten it together that year as well. That team was fools gold as they regressed 

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Makes a ton of sense for Miami. They are desperate at RB and have 14 draft picks.

Exactly, plus we already gave up draft picks for Diggs, I know for a fact that Beane is gonna trade up in the draft and could possibly trade back into the first round this draft. In fact during an interview he almost slipped it out that he was trading up and quickly caught himself. The RBs coming into this draft have the potential to be way better than Fournette 

20 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I understand where your coming from, but adding Fournette doesn’t immediately make the team better. Plus he’s gonna demand a big contract at the end of this year, it’s obvious in the NFL of today you don’t pay RBs you just keep drafting them. RBs don’t have a market anymore like they used to. I guarantee Carolina cuts McCaffrey after a couple years just like the Rams did to Gurley. The guys in the draft have more upside than Fournette. Plus we don’t know if he’s want to play here to begin with. He doesn’t like Buffalo

No I’m not, he has been a draft disappointment, I’ve watched him his last 3 years in Jax and I’m not in the slightest impressed. He paving the same direction Reggie bush went. Yes he’s talented but but he’s injury prone and until last year he hadn’t played a full season. Plus he doesn’t like Buffalo and I highly doubt he would play for us if traded or released. 

Reggie Bush? He had two 1000 yard rushing seasons his whole career. It took him until his 5th season to get 1000 yards. Fournette has already had two 1000 yard seasons in 3 years. He had 76 catches last year. In what way is going the same direction as Reggie Bush?

21 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

That was the defense that was carrying them that 1 year not Fournette lol. Plus Bortles looked like he’d somewhat gotten it together that year as well. That team was fools gold as they regressed 

Fournette was easily a very large part of that run to the title game. The guy had 10 td and 1400 scrimmage yds in 13 regular season games. He also went into Pittsburgh in the divisional round and ran for 110 with 3 scores. 

if he has been a disappointment, it’s barely. He had a very good season last year. 

don’t get this twisted into thinking I’m saying we gotta have him. We don’t. But fournette has been good during his 3 years. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Exactly, plus we already gave up draft picks for Diggs, I know for a fact that Beane is gonna trade up in the draft and could possibly trade back into the first round this draft. In fact during an interview he almost slipped it out that he was trading up and quickly caught himself. The RBs coming into this draft have the potential to be way better than Fournette 

OK, I will bite.  How do you know for a fact?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

He can’t get into the 1st. The math doesn’t work. It would cost our entire draft to move to like 38. He will come up but not from 54. He may try to package 128 and 167 to get to like 115. He may even be REAL aggressive and package 128, 188 and 86 to get to like 74 but that would be pretty much the draft. The Bills would pick 54, 74, 167, 207 & 239 in that scenario. It’s just not mathematically possible for the Bills to move up without using next year’s draft capital. They already dealt next year’s 4th. I’d be SHOCKED if that happened.

That’s a huge reason that a Fournette deal make sense for the Bills. If they can get Fournette for 128 or 167 it’s great value. It doesn’t hurt the Bills chances of moving around the board either.  

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I don’t know - what Joe B is saying is that Fournette could immediately step in and contribute in 2020.

I can’t see the Bills drafting a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round.  Is there any guarantee that a RB drafted later will be better than Fournette?

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He can’t get into the 1st. The math doesn’t work. It would cost our entire draft to move to like 38. He will come up but not from 54. He may try to package 128 and 167 to get to like 115. He may even be REAL aggressive and package 128, 188 and 86 to get to like 74 but that would be pretty much the draft. The Bills would pick 54, 74, 167, 207 & 239 in that scenario. It’s just not mathematically possible for the Bills to move up without using next year’s draft capital. They already dealt next year’s 4th. I’d be SHOCKED if that happened.

That’s a huge reason that a Fournette deal make sense for the Bills. If they can get Fournette for 128 or 167 it’s great value. It doesn’t hurt the Bills chances of moving around the board either.  

Weren’t you shocked when they traded a 1 for Diggs?

4 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I don’t know - what Joe B is saying is that Fournette could immediately step in and contribute in 2020.

I can’t see the Bills drafting a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round.  Is there any guarantee that a RB drafted later will be better than Fournette?

Weren’t you shocked when they traded a 1 for Diggs?

Not at all, in fact I suggested it months ago (same with trading for OBJ). The Bills NEEDED a number 1 receiver. They didn’t just need “a” receiver. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

The article that was linked a couple pages back said they are probably looking for a 5th. It also brought up several other points (e.g. if he walks after this year we'd could get the pick back via comp pick). Although there are many examples of excellent running backs coming in the 5th or even later, there's quite a bit of luck involved for that happening. A proven commodity on a one year reasonable contract for a 5th that we could get back anyway is a no-brainer in my opinion. He'd be a fantastic complement to DS.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

OK, I will bite.  How do you know for a fact?

There’s a video interview on YouTube called pardon my take and the title of the video is called how Brandon Beane prepares for the draft with no first pick, you’ll hear it almost slips out about trading up and possibly back into the first round but he caught himself

52 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

There’s a video interview on YouTube called pardon my take and the title of the video is called how Brandon Beane prepares for the draft with no first pick, you’ll hear it almost slips out about trading up and possibly back into the first round but he caught himself

This??THIS is what has you “knowing for a fact”?!? Tell ya what, put your membership where your mouth is. If he doesn’t, you disappear.

2 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Just under 1200 yards and 76 receptions last season ... so by versatility you mean he doesn’t carry the gatoraid bucket?

I made that mistake without going deeper into the type of player that Fournette is.

I guess I just went by his attitude and not realize is pretty good in the pass game also.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Fournette's YPC is scary. Sub 4.0 to me always worries me. 

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s coming off of his best year though. He had 76 catches too. If the Bills could get him for 128 or 167 it would lend them so much flexibility in the draft. 

Meh he only had 3 TDs last season. Plus I can't. Forget how he cost Jax their game against us when he lost his mind and got thrown out of the game, not sure this locker room accept him.

12 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Meh he only had 3 TDs last season. Plus I can't. Forget how he cost Jax their game against us when he lost his mind and got thrown out of the game, not sure this locker room accept him.

Again though, if I told you pick 128 was going to rush for 1,152 yards and catch 72 balls this year you’d be thrilled. If he walks next year, you get the 2022 comp pick and it cost you nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Trivia question. How many TD’s did Singletary have last year?

Fournette costs 4.2 million this year and approximately 10 million on a 5th year option route would mean 7 million per for a 2 year deal.

I'm not sure what Beane thinks about moves like this but it is probably the only way because the other option is not very good.

The other option would be a new contract signed at the trade.

Spotrac has his "Market Value" at 10.8 million per on a 4 year contract.

If those $s are anywhere near Fournette's expectations I got to say the Bills probably should pass. 

• Like (+1) 1

It’s possible Jax might cut him since they already voided his guarantees.  So cutting him would save them $4m against their cap.  Trading for him is basically a 1 year rental at $4m.  Nobody is exercising the 5th year option on him.  I think a 5th round pick gets it done but they might even take a 6th.  Jax very likely could be tanking for Lawrence.  

49 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Yeah he did. On a really bad Jags team.

Fournette has also had a double digit TD’s season in his career. Will Singletary have a season like that ever?

It will be tough with Allen a red zone threat and if Singletary becomes a full time 3 down RB or not.

19 hours ago, Nelius said:

He's coming off an 1100 yard season?

I don't really get the hate. I like Edwards-Helaire better, but there's certainly no guarantee that you're going to find a RB in the 4th-7th that's going to rush for 1,000 twice in his first three seasons...

Edit - 1100 yards rushing, and it was actually 1152. Guy put up 1674 total yards last year! What a bum.

But please tell me he how many yards he had last year!!!