Hopkins to ARZ

I'd imagine Beane would of tossed out an offer but I highly doubt BoB wanted to trade in the Conference with the team they barely got past in the playoffs.

I don't think the relationship problem would of mattered seeing as we wanted AB last year. 

Hell, maybe BoB feared Gainey's knowledge being able to fleece him lol. 

1 minute ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

I would've gave them pick 22

Me too...but I suspect that they were not interested in sending him to Buffalo who they just faced in playoffs and barely beat.  And giving us a major upgrade at an area where most feel an upgrade helps us take an even bigger step forward in the AFC was not something they were into.  We are a direct threat to them right now in terms of where we rank in the AFC overall, and Hopkins would have easily put us ahead of them between them losing him and us getting him and filling a major hole with an elite player.  

2 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I'd imagine Beane would of tossed out an offer but I highly doubt BoB wanted to trade in the Conference with the team they barely got past in the playoffs.

I don't think the relationship problem would of mattered seeing as we wanted AB last year. 

Hell, maybe BoB feared Gainey's knowledge being able to fleece him lol. 

He gave Miami two first round picks last year.  Remember that you're dealing with an idiot who would absolutely trade within his own conference.

2 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I can't believe that this trade got shopped around by the Texans and a team like Buffalo wouldn't beat it.  It has to be that he would not trade him to the AFC.  I must force myself to believe this. 

Or Hou wanted a player and we don't have a guy they want

Frank Gore is worth about a 2025 7th rounder

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

And yet Minnesota is in talks with Seattle for Diggs..... I think Beane didn’t want to up the ante for him, they love their draft picks and have proven to be a conservative group which only gets you so far, hopefully they prove me wrong and find a way to get a good veteran receiver in here, but man, Hopkins is another level. 

I'm of the opinion that if you want to develop a young QB, it's critical to get him excellent receiving help.  The Cards did that.  

Then as the QB develops he can do more with less.  

WR is the most difficult position to fill with top end talent outside of QB.  We must land one of these WR's and also draft one.  

• Thank you (+1) 1