Hopkins to ARZ

Just now, mannc said:

It shows how deep the 2020 WR draft class is.  Texans think they can replace Hopkins with a second rounder.

I find it hard to believe BOB is capable of connecting those dots.  

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

How do you know they weren’t? 

I have to imagine that if Beane caught wind of Hopkins being shopped that he would be on the phone. My guess is BOB knew enough to at least ship Hopkins out of the conference. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, sven233 said:

IF he is available, and that's a VERY BIG if, the price tag is going to be astronomical.  You're not just talking #22.  You're talking this year's first, next year's first, and probably at least another 2 or 3 on top of it.  You're talking about arguably the best WR in the league.  You want him, you're going to have to pay for him.  And that's if this report even has some merit to it.

This aged very poorly.  As usual, people vastly over-estimate the amount of draft capital that high-priced veterans can command.

Just now, Philo said:

I have to imagine that if Beane caught wind of Hopkins being shopped that he would be on the phone. My guess is BOB knew enough to at least ship Hopkins out of the conference. 

Not only that Brian Gaine was the GM in Houston 9 months ago 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I cannot believe how bad this deal is. I thought it would be the #8 pick and multiple other picks. They didn't even get a 1st rounder...what the hell?

Agreed.  

I am sure many are gonna look at Beane as to why he didnt get this done...but I dont think anyone can blame him.  Sounds like Houston moved fast and probably didnt want to send him to a team they just faced in the playoffs and barely beat in us.  

I mean it was just today that news broke he "could" be available and poof he was gone.  I don't think Houston spent much time seeing what other packages were out there and probably over valued David Johnson at this stage of his career.  I mean they keep recycling RB's there like Miller, Hyde, etc.  So between that and getting him out of conference was enticing to that fool BOB

Edited by Alphadawg7

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

How do you know they weren’t? 

Seemingly we could have beaten that offer. I guess if it comes out that they refused to trade within the AFC that's one thing. But I find it hard to believe a 1st and change couldn't have gone it done considering what Arizona gave up. For the best WR in the NFL it's a no brainer. Unless we have something else planned.