Hopkins to ARZ

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

@ALLEN1QB

I said send our #22 pick for Hopkins.  You gave skeptical response.  Are you saying you’re skeptical that wouldn’t be enough or skeptical he’s worth that?  

Cant imagine anyone not willing to send our first for him and his reasonable contract for his talent level.  

He is arguably one of the top 3 WR's in the league.

Why would anyone  think a crap shoot at 22 vs a bona fide #1 is a bad choice is beyond me

Edited by JMF2006
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

He is arguably one of the top 3 WR's in the league.

Why would anyone  think a crap shoot at 22 vs a bona fide #1 is a bad choice is beyond me

He won’t cost pick 22. He’ll be more expensive than that. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, FireChans said:

He won’t cost pick 22. He’ll be more expensive than that. 

Remember that he gave his 2nd rnd pick away just so the Browns would swallow Osweillers contract so his sense of value is distorted ;) 

23 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

@ALLEN1QB

I said send our #22 pick for Hopkins.  You gave skeptical response.  Are you saying you’re skeptical that wouldn’t be enough or skeptical he’s worth that?  

Cant imagine anyone not willing to send our first for him and his reasonable contract for his talent level.  

I confused your post with another one that gave up two first-round picks. That might be to much.

3 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

I confused your post with another one that gave up two first-round picks. That might be to much.

Ah gotcha, that I would agree with too.  I don’t think there is any need to send two firsts either, nor would I with this draft being so rich at WR.  Our staff has drafted very strong, so I would not want to give up an additional first even for Hopkins.  

But I would certainly send #22 this year for him.  

• Like (+1) 1

How crazy would that be on the Texans' part? The guy is about to be 28, in the prime of his career, and one of the 3 best WR's in the league for sure. Just doesn't make any sense. 

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Ah gotcha, that I would agree with too.  I don’t think there is any need to send two firsts either, nor would I with this draft being so rich at WR.  Our staff has drafted very strong, so I would not want to give up an additional first even for Hopkins.  

But I would certainly send #22 this year for him.  

I would also send this years fifth for him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan17 said:

O'Brien is not good at his job, now that hes elevated to GM/HC, it's only going to get worse.

Not sure about this even though people always say it.  They seem to have a pretty good roster IMO.  Let Clowney go before overpaying for him.  Got a great T from the Fins last year.  Hes been de facto GM for years and their team is always pretty good.  What am I missing here?

1 minute ago, Mark80 said:

Not sure about this even though people always say it.  They seem to have a pretty good roster IMO.  Let Clowney go before overpaying for him.  Got a great T from the Fins last year.  Hes been de facto GM for years and their team is always pretty good.  What am I missing here?

Shhh. BOB has only had 5 winning seasons, 4 playoff appearances, and 2 playoff wins since becoming the HC of the Texans 6 years ago. He also has a better record as an HC than McD. 

But folks will laugh because he made the playoffs with Hoyer, Mallett, Weeden, Osweiler, Savage and Yates at QB. What a terrible HC!

52 minutes ago, stuvian said:

because Bill O'Brien thinks he's Bill Belichick 2.0 and when he wakes up from that dream he'll see that he's Al Davis 2.0

Al Davis won 3 Super Bowls in 8 years though.

O'Brien strikes me as the guy who got a lot of power and thinks he knows what he's doing.  But he doesn't and that team will end up hurting in the long term until someone wakes up and decides they need a different HC.

I hope we're all over this.

I dont think the asking price will be as high as some here are willing to offer. Texans obviously want to move him to free up cap space ($15M/yr). I think that might knock his price down to a 2nd and another pick. Or at least I can dream.

19 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

They've traded away all of their picks (which is why the idea of a Hopkins trade is even being mentioned) and they're nowhere near being a Super Bowl contender. O'Brien is a fine coach (though he makes terrible in-game decisions too frequently, as evidenced by the wacky ending to our playoff game) but his team-building has left a lot to be desired.

Edited by DCOrange

Texans are low on picks and hard against the cap once they have to pay Watson.  There seems to be some "there" there, as this isn't the first time his name has been rumored.

I'd give up this years 1st and next years 1st.   No question. 

Deandre Hopkins was the difference in our WC game, and immediately takes us to that contender to the Chiefs level in the AFC.

We're set up well with cap space, and this FO's ability to hit on picks in the middle round, to make this move.

Edited by SCBills

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why in creation would Bill O Brien trade him. Imo he’s the best player on their team. 

I'm with you.  He is their best offensive weapon, is a great guy, and is not a problem for them in any way.  Their QB is hitting his prime years and keeping play makers around him should be a high priority.  Sometimes threads like this one or similar crazy stories from sports writers seem like a waste of everyone's time and energy.