Hopkins to ARZ

23 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

There are 2 possibilities that would make me okay with this:

1) We are trading for OBJ

2) We already have an agreement in place to move up for Ceedee Lamb/Jerry Jeudy on draft night

If not I will be sick that we didn't end up with Hopkins.

A few items- every crazy Texan trade has been to an NFC team I believe or the Browns. Why would you want OBJ who has been a problem for every team he has been on?  your point is very vaild.

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Not sure how you can blame our FO.  We have no idea if we tried for one.  And second, why would they send Hopkins to the very team they just faced in the playoffs and barely beat? I mean we are a direct threat to them and really widely seen as missing a top end WR opposite Brown to take an even bigger step.

Just because a guy is available doesnt mean they are willing to send to any team.  

Good points...

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

There is sentiment that, since the deal cant be finalized until Wed, there is a chance the deal could be reworked/axed all together.

that wouldn't look good if both teams agreed to the deal. Wouldn't be able to trust the texans anymore

1 minute ago, Mark80 said:

No one mentions they are not paying johnson’s salary?  Thats the main piece for then, he is free salary wise, arizona is paying it.

That's because the Cardinals aren't paying Johnson's salary.  The Texans are according to reports which makes this deal even more laughable.

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

Why the F not? Best  WR in the league and they have a stud QB that needs that weapon. Houston wont make the playoffs next year. they are done. Makes no sense. Just wished Bill Obrien traded him to us.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

That's because the Cardinals aren't paying Johnson's salary.  The Texans are according to reports which makes this deal even more laughable.

Hum...not what WGR is saying.  But i see schefter is saying you are correct and i certainly trust him more!  In that case, insanity for sure!

3 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Hum...not what WGR is saying.  But i see schefter is saying you are correct and i certainly trust him more!  In that case, insanity for sure!

I'd take Jussie Smollett's word over WGR.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, ngbills said:

How were the Bills not  wasn't EVERY OTHER NFL TEAM in on this? Based on what HOU got I would think we could have gotten a deal done for a 2nd this year. Maybe needed to throw in an additional 3rd or 4th in 2021. Ugghh

Fixed.