Hopkins to ARZ

16 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

At some point we have to score more points don't we??

No I think our plan remains the same = keep OTHER teams from scoring more points .........

Edited by Putin

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

no doubt the Jets with take a OT, no one wants to play for gase

That's very true, but money also talks. I figured they would likely have to way overpay, but their GM has to be desperate to find a line to protect Darnold.

I mean, all things considered, the top OTs in this class are legit, so even them going OT, will be good for them. Especially since present day we lack elite pass rush...

But, push those WRs down!!!

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think it can be over-stated just how bad this trade is for the Texans. 

David Johnson was an outstanding player.....in 2016. He's currently one of the worst contracts in the league. 

You get a cap dump + 2nd + swap 4ths. And you give up one of the best WR in the league. A 29 year old on a fair contract that will very likely make the HOF.

I'm flabbergasted. How does Beane not offer substantially more than this? 

I can't help but wonder if this trade falls through. It just doesn't make any sense at all and O'Brien is going to get dragged for two days before it becomes official and I would imagine numerous teams are talking to him about offering more.

1 minute ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I don't think it can be over-stated just how bad this trade is for the Texans. 

David Johnson was an outstanding player.....in 2016. He's currently one of the worst contracts in the league. 

You get a cap dump + 2nd + swap 4ths. And you give up one of the best WR in the league. A 29 year old on a fair contract that will very likely make the HOF.

I'm flabbergasted. How does Beane not offer substantially more than this? 

A 2nd could have had if not even less given no $11M contract to take on...

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, nucci said:

Getting Hopkins wouldn't be a long play view?

3 years max, I'm in. He's already 28. I know our "window" is open, but resources can give the team two players for the cost of one. And it's proven that the front office knows how to value these resources like TP.

1 minute ago, wppete said:

WTF!!!! Can someone explain how they got Hopkins for pretty much nothing?!?!?!

image.jpeg.cedb4789446676e8fd6d7002d9d06b7c.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Seasons1992 said:

3 years max, I'm in. He's already 28. I know our "window" is open, but resources can give the team two players for the cost of one. And it's proven that the front office knows how to value these resources like TP.

a 2nd and a crap contract for the best wr in football. 

Your over here talking resources.

What’s better a 2nd rd pick you hope turns into 1/2 the player Hopkins is or Hopkins. 

4 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

You're talking a superstar WR.....which 2 players will equal Hopkins....and the cost was nothing to get him

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

a 2nd and a crap contract for the best wr in football. 

Your over here talking resources.

What’s better a 2nd rd pick you hope turns into 1/2 the player Hopkins is or Hopkins. 

"You're." ?

And yes, I'd take two or three players for the price of one. The beauty of the Internet is opinions are valid.

6 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

So disappointed in the FO...this was a no brainer...

Not sure how you can blame our FO.  We have no idea if we tried for one.  And second, why would they send Hopkins to the very team they just faced in the playoffs and barely beat? I mean we are a direct threat to them and really widely seen as missing a top end WR opposite Brown to take an even bigger step.

Just because a guy is available doesnt mean they are willing to send to any team.  

• Like (+1) 3