Browns release LB Christian Kirksey - Signing with Packers 2 years, 16 mill

10 minutes ago, WorstTEever81 said:

no soup for you!

come back next week !!

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Judon is tagged. Also I think he’s a DE in this scheme, no?

I know he was tagged : (
he's an edge who can cover.  : )

But really he can do many things well. Lorenzo +1
Just mentioning he was on my wish list

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/13/2020 at 12:57 PM, MAJBobby said:

Ahhh Someone so Mad.  

Did I miss something? Did the CDC or any healthcare authority suggest that domestic travel should be halted? So far the advice is to wash your hands and avoid large gatherings.

I'm guessing we hear something by Monday. A lot of things to consider. How many snaps will he get here? He's likely to sign a 1 year deal in a place he can maximize his snaps. I think it's between us and the Packers. Got to remember Pettine coached him.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

If he is healthy ???

He is a good fit he can cover and run stop. His pass rush was not all that. But that might be system and scheme.

Trust Coach to figure that part out.
Do not overpay of course, just add enough realistic incentives.

we should list them here quickly ?
 you are welcome to start.

Mine was Judon or Van Noy

I like both the ones you proposed.  Here are some other LB FA's:  https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/linebacker/    this is also a great site to visit to keep up to date on signings, etc.  You can also rank them by sacks, or whatever metric you prefer! 

10 hours ago, MJS said:

Did I miss something? Did the CDC or any healthcare authority suggest that domestic travel should be halted? So far the advice is to wash your hands and avoid large gatherings.

yeah, that mad guy is nonsensical.   I'd imagine most airplanes are vacant.  If you stay 6 feet away from a contaminated person, you won't get it.  It spreads by droplets, not air.  so airplane filter systems will capture it.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'm guessing we hear something by Monday. A lot of things to consider. How many snaps will he get here? He's likely to sign a 1 year deal in a place he can maximize his snaps. I think it's between us and the Packers. Got to remember Pettine coached him.

My gut says he goes to the Pack. More playing time is a big incentive 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I like both the ones you proposed.  Here are some other LB FA's:  https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/linebacker/    this is also a great site to visit to keep up to date on signings, etc.  You can also rank them by sacks, or whatever metric you prefer! 

yeah, that mad guy is nonsensical.   I'd imagine most airplanes are vacant.  If you stay 6 feet away from a contaminated person, you won't get it.  It spreads by droplets, not air.  so airplane filter systems will capture it.  

Thanks for the link !

I'm fine with this. Would've been a nice add, but not necessary at that price, especially with term. There will be plenty of other options at LB. And plenty of other places to spend our abundance of cap space. 

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

26 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not surprising. Kirksey just wouldn't get the snaps. Decent contract. I bet Buffalo put a competitive offer out for 1 year.

Agree 100%. Was definitely interested in Kirksey's potential in our defense on a one year prove-it type contract, but his injury history makes that term/dollar amount the Packers just gave him unwise IMO. Happy that Beane didn't sign that type of deal, plenty of other fish in the sea. 

Get me a few of Reader, Quinn, Higgins/Sharpe, Haeg, and Brieda and I'll be a very happy man. 

I might be in the minority here, but I think his deal is relatively fair.  I don’t see him as fair to be labeled injury prone when his last injury isn’t the kind of reoccurring and just bad luck most likely.  He was healthy first 4 years.  

Stafford was labeled fragile because he had a couple bad luck injuries to start his career.  Then went a long time before getting hurt again.  Sometimes in a violent game you get a couple injuries close to each other.  I’m not so quick to label a guy injury prove over that, especially if it’s not consistent ticky tack stuff.

But I also won’t lose sleep over this, but just do think his contract was reasonable based on his level of play before the last 2 years got shortened. 

Edited by Alphadawg7

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I might be in the minority here, but I think his deal is relatively fair.  I don’t see him as fair to be labeled injury prone when his last injury isn’t the kind of reoccurring and just bad luck most likely.  He was healthy first 4 years.  

Stafford was labeled fragile because he had a couple bad luck injuries to start his career.  Then went a long time before getting hurt again.  Sometimes in a violent game you get a couple injuries close to each other.  I’m not so quick to label a guy injury prove over that, especially if it’s not consistent ticky tack stuff.

But I also won’t lose sleep over this, but just do think his contract was reasonable based on his level of play before the last 2 years got shortened. 

For a full-time LB'er like he'll be with the Pack but not here, it's a fair deal.  Health-willing, of course.  But time will tell on that one.