2020 NFL Combine

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think it's actually quite likely we wait til round 2 or 3 for WR.

DE/Edge Rusher might actually be a bigger need for us as the draft rolls around.

That might very well be the case. Tho I'm hoping we can resign Shaq myself. I really want Yannick but I highly doubt he gets outta Jacksonville. 

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I would give up next year's 1st and more for Ceedee Lamb. I think he will be a superstar. I would honestly give next year's 1st for any of the top 3 WRs. Any of them could immediately step in and be our true #1.

Ceedee Lamb my #1

The kid as such amazing skill and can just toe tap on the sidelines

Has everything you want in a receiver

10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

A 40 is totally different than a 100m. As a track runner and football player I can verify

The 40 is all about start and quickness rather than pure speed.. the 100m let's you gallop and get the momentum where the last 40 is key

As long as Ruggs wasn't in the 4.4s I'm satisfied because the 40 is just to clarify game vs short speed... The 100m combines top end speed, quickness, and stride

Well the I'm pregnant text would want him to kill it and get more guarentee money inside top 15

Not slide to 30

That’s what gets me about Reagors 4.47/4.5. The film shows him accelerating immediately and suddenly off jump cuts and lateral spin moves. The short speed is on tape in game as is long speed. I think you may have been right earlier in the thread about that extra ten pounds. ?‍♂️. Reagors track specialty was long jump and the explosiveness definitely showed up in the jumps. 

My biggest knocks on Reagor are his blocking, and he seemed to get apathetic/complacent after all the QB shenanigans at TCU.... The effort seemed to have dropped in 19’ as compared to 18’. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo Junction said:

That’s what gets me about Reagors 4.47/4.5. The film shows him accelerating immediately and suddenly off jump cuts and lateral spin moves. The short speed is on tape in game as is long speed. I think you may have been right earlier in the thread about that extra ten pounds. ?‍♂️. Reagors track specialty was long jump and the explosiveness definitely showed up in the jumps. 

My biggest knocks on Reagor are his blocking, and he seemed to get apathetic/complacent after all the QB shenanigans at TCU.... The effort seemed to have dropped in 19’ as compared to 18’. 

Yeaa man the weight is key. I could run a 4.38-4.42 at my playing weight but I would try to add weight to become sturdier in game And I couldn't run the same

It's a give take. He could lose 5-7 get some quickness back and be a terror.. but you know coaches were telling him to bulk for the combine

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yeaa man the weight is key. I could run a 4.38-4.42 at my playing weight but I would try to add weight to become sturdier in game And I couldn't run the same

It's a give take. He could lose 5-7 get some quickness back and be a terror.. but you know coaches were telling him to bulk for the combine

There was a quote floating around about him chugging water for the weigh in too. As someone who used to fight I can verify that messing around with hydration can screw you too. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo Junction said:

There was a quote floating around about him chugging water for the weigh in too. As someone who used to fight I can verify that messing around with hydration can screw you too. 

Totally .. if he's been chugging gallons of water for 3 weeks non stop for some extra weight he definitely won't be moving the same

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I’m sure he just learned a 6-7 figure lesson today. ?

Man I bet I can still run a 4.46 no *****

I bet my friends every year come draft time, they never believe it and I usually win ?

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Man I bet I can still run a 4.46 no *****

I bet my friends every year come draft time, they never believe it and I usually win ?

Man. I can’t run for crap anymore. I have more metal in me than the $6 Million Dollar man (ankle, wrist, arm, collar bone, etc) and a rebuilt knee (meniscus & ACL) on top of that. Contact sports and racing are a rough blend. Still have quick hands and great balance though.... Quick feet left the arena about a decade ago. ?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Man. I can’t run for crap anymore. I have more metal in me than the $6 Million Dollar man (ankle, wrist, arm, collar bone, etc) and a rebuilt knee (meniscus & ACL) on top of that. Contact sports and racing are a rough blend. Still have quick hands and great balance though.... Quick feet left the arena about a decade ago. ?

Hahah I only have concussion problems. My feet , knees , ankles and everything are fine

I still run pick up Basketball games at Kaz and Delaware park in the Summer .... And get picked! Lol

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2

My take:

Reagor: A bit less than hoped for. But he’s a gamer. His vert was impressive though and I think that’s the biggest question with a smaller guy like himself.

Pittman Jr: Personally a 4.52 for him is really solid. He’s putting himself in that end of round 2 conversation imo. 

Justin Jefferson- 4.44 nice time. 

Claypool & Mims: clear winners. Both are guys with a lot of size who ran really well. 

Shenault: didn’t run a 2nd time for whatever reason (I’m assuming medical). 4.59 does not help his case. He might fall to Day-2. 

Ruggs: Impressive 4.28, but the way they hyped him I thought he might do a touch better. Having a medical issue immediately afterwards could be concerning but who knows, these guys are going all out to make as much money as possibly. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Dkollidas said:

My take:

Reagor: A bit less than hoped for. But he’s a gamer. His vert was impressive though and I think that’s the biggest question with a smaller guy like himself.

Pittman Jr: Personally a 4.52 for him is really solid. He’s putting himself in that end of round 2 conversation imo. 

Claypool & Mims: clear winners. Both are guys with a lot of size who ran really well. 

Shenault: didn’t run a 2nd time for whatever reason (I’m assuming medical). 4.59 does not help his case. He might fall to Day-2. 

Ruggs: Impressive 4.28, but the way they hyped him I thought he might do a touch better. Having a medical issue immediately afterwards could be concerning but who knows, these guys are going all out to make as much money as possibly. 

Agree with everything but Ruggs... With a guy that fast .04 is 1 false step... As long as it wasn't a 4.40 and he isn't seriously hurt I'm good

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Hahah I only have concussion problems. My feet , knees , ankles and everything are fine

I still run pick up Basketball games at Kaz and Delaware park in the Summer .... And get picked! Lol

We are all blessed in different ways

Consider yourself lucky my man. I wasn’t even gonna open the concussion can of worms. That’s just par for the course with accidents and the fight game. ?. Six nose breaks, one tooth knocked out, three meire cracks and a root canal, cracked jaw.... I though we were keeping this to things that affected speed? ?‍♂️?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Junction said:

Consider yourself lucky my man. I wasn’t even gonna open the concussion can of worms. That’s just par for the course with accidents and the fight game. ?. Six nose breaks, one tooth knocked out, three meire cracks and a root canal, cracked jaw.... I though we were keeping this to things that affected speed? ?‍♂️?

I hope you won most of your fights for that kind of punishment!

Unless you like breaking your nose ?

11 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

My take:

Agree with most of this. Anything in the 4.2-4.3 range is fine. It’s backed by tape. 

Reagor plays up to competition. I expected more because he was grouped with Ruggs. That said, he also played down to competition and got lackadaisical at times. That coupled with his effort at blocking means there are effort questions.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Hope your good man

I’m great. I’ve been managing for years. Switched years ago from boxing and karate to tai chi and aikido. Quit driving fast and switched to a pickup.... Kids, etc change a man. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

I'm a BIG Laviska fan...But I took one glance at him today and said..."who is that?" He weighed in at 227...I think that's about 10 lbs heavier than where he'll be in season...He looked too big to me...There's a reason he was wearing the baggy shirt...

I was VERY disappointed...Let's see what happens at his Pro Day...At this point right now, with the depth at WR in this Draft, Leviska may be in play at #54...We'll see...?

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I would give up next year's 1st and more for Ceedee Lamb. I think he will be a superstar. I would honestly give next year's 1st for any of the top 3 WRs. Any of them could immediately step in and be our true #1.

Really?

You want a repeat of the Sammy Watkins debacle?

For as much as hindsight might be 20/20, Watkins was viewed as generational talent.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Watching that today I think Justin Jefferson definitely helped his stock, Claypool will get bumped up some WR boards, Antonio Gibson showed the versatility as a WR/RB, Reagor will drop some, DPJ will get over drafted, and KJ Osbourn cemented himself as a late day 2 early day 3 pick

5 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Is your Big Board named Ben?  Cause Big Ben Board would be a cool name.

He is now. 

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Aren't you a big BPA guy? 

Why would you consider drafting a guy at 22 who clearly wouldn't be BPA?

Where did I say I would? I am not quite a strict BPA. I think you start with the BPA principle and then have a bias towards the premium positions. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I think that Peoples-Jones is really getting overlooked. He was a very good receiver in college, but had inconsistent QB play.

I don't expect him to run a 4.40, but I would welcome him on the Bills.

I do like Claypool, but after that 40 time, I am more intrigued. Can he do that on game day?

I really like Justin Jefferson too. He may not be flashy, he just catches the ball.

Dammit Tee Higgins! You should be out there!

i was impressed with PJ, now if they can get a QB over there.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

It’s my hands for me from playing basketball growing up. I can warn my friends when rain is on its way because my knuckles stiffen up and I can’t call anyone a loser with my finger and thumb because I can only make a J instead of an L lol

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

It’s almost like he got an “I’m pregnant” text from his girlfriend before the 40. ?. Maybe he’s trying to insure that he drops to GB, SF, etc. 

When Mrs. Bandit texted me the “there’s 2 babies” message, I went from 1 under at the turn to hitting my next tee shot completely sideways ? 

• Haha (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Thats what i thought about DK Metcalf, still annoyed about that.

Unless it was a smokescreen, The word was that the Bills loved metcalf last year. Remember everyone here was worried they were going to take Take him at 9? Teams Can’t draft everyone they want.