2020 NFL Combine

YoloinOhio

17 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Electronic timing only gives them total time; think the teams like to have their own 10-yard splits

Shouldn’t they be at the 10 yard marker then? It would be funny to see McBeane sitting there all alone while everyone else is stacked up at the finish line. 

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Talking about Cody Ford?  Yeah that hasn't panned out well so far, but we're about 2-3 years away from knowing for sure.

The bolded part is true.

That being said, I have absolutely no idea how you could conclude that Ford "hasn't panned out well so far".

He struggled at times in his rookie season, sure, but MOST rookie tackles struggle. He also had stretches where he played quite well. The offensive line as a whole was also MUCH improved from 2018. The running game, in particular, went from bottom 5 to top 5 in the league. Combine that with the fact that we have yet to really even see him at what is likely his best position (guard), and it's just bizarre to me that anyone would conclude that he "hasn't panned out well so far".

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Has anyone noticed how good a blocker Jerry Jeudy became? I mean, he’s out there Robert Woods-ing guys on screen plays.

Yup!

I love how he never takes a play off regardless if the ball is going to him, or it's a run or a pass elsewhere.  Dude always battles

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Give me a Keenan Allen all day every day. 

Then Justin Jefferson is your man! Love that kid. Catches everything 

18 minutes ago, Logic said:

The bolded part is true.

That being said, I have absolutely no idea how you could conclude that Ford "hasn't panned out well so far".

He struggled at times in his rookie season, sure, but MOST rookie tackles struggle. He also had stretches where he played quite well. The offensive line as a whole was also MUCH improved from 2018. The running game, in particular, went from bottom 5 to top 5 in the league. Combine that with the fact that we have yet to really even see him at what is likely his best position (guard), and it's just bizarre to me that anyone would conclude that he "hasn't panned out well so far".

His bad was really bad, imo.  I wasn't overly impressed and also feel like the o-line's pass protection wasn't the greatest, but that could be because Allen holds onto the ball longer than he should.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

The bolded part is true.

I don’t see why you wouldn’t agree with that statement.  “So far” says it all.  We drafted him to play RT.  He sucked at RT.  “So far”, he has shown that his feet are really slow and he gets smoked often and in critical times.  

He was a rookie, he plays a tough position and will improve.  No doubt, but his play last was poor and he hasn’t panned out well SO FAR.  That may change.