The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, dpberr said:

Are people like smokers, the obese, and those with herpes/STDs next on your irresponsible list?

I'd argue a smoker who got vaccinated but hasn't stopped smoking and similarly, an obese vaccinated person who's made no effort to lose weight, are just as irresponsible according to your concept.

They've done nothing to reduce their comorbidities of catching covid other than taking a shot and hoping they've got enough antibodies if necessary.

So, on this note.,,we’re back to choice, actions and consequences.   Until there is a National referendum on obesity, drug addiction whatever…we’re right where we are with people who choose not to vaxx.  

1 hour ago, dpberr said:

Are people like smokers, the obese, and those with herpes/STDs next on your irresponsible list?

I'd argue a smoker who got vaccinated but hasn't stopped smoking and similarly, an obese vaccinated person who's made no effort to lose weight, are just as irresponsible according to your concept.

They've done nothing to reduce their comorbidities of catching covid other than taking a shot and hoping they've got enough antibodies if necessary.

As exciting as that conversation would be, we’re talking here about a new virus taxing our healthcare system with an easy solution to untax the system. 

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

So, on this note.,,we’re back to choice, actions and consequences.   Until there is a National referendum on obesity, drug addiction whatever…we’re right where we are with people who choose not to vaxx.  

No. This is a pandemic, not the steady flow of patients that we can predict. 

10 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

As exciting as that conversation would be, we’re talking here about a new virus taxing our healthcare system with an easy solution to untax the system. 

It's your slippery slope you proposed. I'm just rolling with your idea that we shouldn't stop on the irresponsible persons tour at just an unvaccinated individual. It's too simplistic. 

Obesity and diabetes are perhaps the top two major comorbidities for Covid infection, also arguably at pandemic levels in the US.

I'd expect a similar aggressive campaign to get people slimmed down for their safety and the safety of others. There should be mandatory food restrictions and mandatory levels of exercise for anyone with a BMI over 30. If you try to buy soda at the store, you'll need your FitBit to show the cashier you are under that 30. The FitBits are free, provided by your state government. There is no excuse to not wear one.

There should be mandated weight loss medication taken, as it is widely available, safe, effective. Do your part. 

Of course that's deliberate sarcasm on my part. It's your body. I can't and shouldn't be able to demand you do anything to your body.

5 minutes ago, dpberr said:

It's your slippery slope you proposed. I'm just rolling with your idea that we shouldn't stop on the irresponsible persons tour at just an unvaccinated individual. It's too simplistic. 

Obesity and diabetes are perhaps the top two major comorbidities for Covid infection, also arguably at pandemic levels in the US.

I'd expect a similar aggressive campaign to get people slimmed down for their safety and the safety of others. There should be mandatory food restrictions and mandatory levels of exercise for anyone with a BMI over 30. If you try to buy soda at the store, you'll need your FitBit to show the cashier you are under that 30. The FitBits are free, provided by your state government. There is no excuse to not wear one.

There should be mandated weight loss medication taken, as it is widely available, safe, effective. Do your part. 

Of course that's deliberate sarcasm on my part. It's your body. I can't and shouldn't be able to demand you do anything to your body.

You’re talking about a slippery slope and mandates. I just pointed out how irresponsible and stupid people are who can get vaxxed and don’t. Different issues. 

And again, we’re talking about something that went from 0 to #2 killer in the US in a year and dumped on our healthcare system. Not something we were already dealing with. 

I have scabies and sit in your gym sauna. My body my choice right?  

Edited by Sundancer

28 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

So I’m 59, height and weight right on target.  Blood pressure, cholesterol managed, pay attention to my diet, get regular exercise and have what the ladies call “bedroom eyes”.   I am concerned about the necessity of the vaccine, concerned about some of the stories about adverse reactions and the like. I realize the risk is low, but someone always draws the short straw and so I ponder. 

I’m not a conspiracy guy, get the flu vaccine regularly, but am bright enough to know that I have no comorbidities, am not necessarily in the danger zone for Covid death, but also recognize I could be the guy who draws the very short straw and ends up sick and dies. 

At the same time, I’ve watched the people in the know pimping the vax as something necessary, noble and just absolutely disregard protocol that we’ve been assured was required to keep us safe, bandying about unmasked, undistanced, traveling in spite of their restrictions and begging forgiveness when exposed.  To boot, they shout to the rafters about following the guidelines for the complaint and whistle past the super spreader mass protests last year, not a thing about noble just and necessary protocol during that time. 

Your positioning is that it’s incumbent on me to disregard what I know, read, and vax up because the people who ignore the last 4 or 5 decades of research on the perils of obesity, drug addiction, smoking, alcohol in excess, reckless driving have a reserved spot in front of me?   

That seems exceptionally unreasonable, and I’m vaccinated.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

So I’m 59, height and weight right on target.  Blood pressure, cholesterol managed, pay attention to my diet, get regular exercise and have what the ladies call “bedroom eyes”.   I am concerned about the necessity of the vaccine, concerned about some of the stories about adverse reactions and the like. I realize the risk is low, but someone always draws the short straw and so I ponder. 

I’m not a conspiracy guy, get the flu vaccine regularly, but am bright enough to know that I have no comorbidities, am not necessarily in the danger zone for Covid death, but also recognize I could be the guy who draws the very short straw and ends up sick and dies. 

At the same time, I’ve watched the people in the know pimping the vax as something necessary, noble and just absolutely disregard protocol that we’ve been assured was required to keep us safe, bandying about unmasked, undistanced, traveling in spite of their restrictions and begging forgiveness when exposed.  To boot, they shout to the rafters about following the guidelines for the complaint and whistle past the super spreader mass protests last year, not a thing about noble just and necessary protocol during that time. 

Your positioning is that it’s incumbent on me to disregard what I know, read, and vax up because the people who ignore the last 4 or 5 decades of research on the perils of obesity, drug addiction, smoking, alcohol in excess, reckless driving have a reserved spot in front of me?   

That seems exceptionally unreasonable, and I’m vaccinated.  

If people who don’t get vaccinated (but could have) will agree not use the hospital resources, seems like that’s a fair way to deal with the consequence of that choice. 

That’s their skin in the game as Nassim Taleb would say. 

Edited by Sundancer

Wow.....Friday evening news bomb!

CDC warns Covid-19 vaccines might not protect people who are immunocompromised

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Friday warned people who are immunocompromised that the Covid-19 vaccine may not have been effective for them and encouraged them to take precautions as if they were not vaccinated.

"People who are immunocompromised should be counseled about the potential for reduced immune responses to COVID-19 vaccines and to follow current prevention measures (including wearing a mask, staying 6 feet apart from others staying they don't live with, and avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated indoor spaces) to protect themselves against COVID-19 until advised otherwise by their healthcare provider," according to the CDC's website.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/16/health/cdc-warning-covid-19-vaccine-immunocompromised/index.html

We're done here folks. 

Edited by Big Blitz

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

If people who don’t get vaccinated (but could have) will agree not use the hospital resources, seems like that’s a fair way to deal with the consequence of that choice. 

That’s their skin in the game as Nassim Taleb would say. 

Or they could consider their options, decide the course of action they choose to follow, and if they get sick, avail themselves of all available medical options.  

I think they think my solution is much more fair. 

8 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Stop calling people stupid when it comes to their personal medical decisions. You have no idea what someone may be dealing with.  Don’t be such an arse! 

After the last five years, this is the diction that alarms you.  Amazing. 

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department will NOT enforce the new indoor mask mandate

But the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department just told the Los Angeles County of Public Health to go pound sand and announced they will NOT be enforcing the mandate:

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Wow.....Friday evening news bomb!

CDC warns Covid-19 vaccines might not protect people who are immunocompromised

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Friday warned people who are immunocompromised that the Covid-19 vaccine may not have been effective for them and encouraged them to take precautions as if they were not vaccinated.

"People who are immunocompromised should be counseled about the potential for reduced immune responses to COVID-19 vaccines and to follow current prevention measures (including wearing a mask, staying 6 feet apart from others staying they don't live with, and avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated indoor spaces) to protect themselves against COVID-19 until advised otherwise by their healthcare provider," according to the CDC's website.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/16/health/cdc-warning-covid-19-vaccine-immunocompromised/index.html

We're done here folks. 

They're immunocompromised....

4 hours ago, dpberr said:

Does that include late term abortions?  That's where I struggle when other lives are at stake which is kind of the crux of the vaccine debate. 

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

They're immunocompromised....

Ok?  And?  

They've just been told the vaccine isn't going to work for them and for many who may be living their last weeks, months, or years (this is going to last longer until a real deal counter insurrection is launched) away from and isolated from everyone else.

That's what your deep blue ***t hole states are going to factor in to their baseless decisions to forever mitigate, or lock back down, or fully mask everyone.  

I thought I was getting vaccinated to protect them?  Guess not.  

Any one else ready to believe yet or you still sucking up what the WHO/CCP/DNC/Fauci are selling you?   

14 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Ok?  And?  

They've just been told the vaccine isn't going to work for them and for many who may be living their last weeks, months, or years (this is going to last longer until a real deal counter insurrection is launched) away from and isolated from everyone else.

That's what your deep blue ***t hole states are going to factor in to their baseless decisions to forever mitigate, or lock back down, or fully mask everyone.  

I thought I was getting vaccinated to protect them?  Guess not.  

Any one else ready to believe yet or you still sucking up what the WHO/CCP/DNC/Fauci are selling you?   

This is the case for ALL vaccines for immunocompromised people. None of them could be effective. I guarantee you this is not a bombshell announcement for such a person. Basically, just a reminder.

You're freaking out over something you lack any understanding of.

24 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

This is the case for ALL vaccines for immunocompromised people. None of them could be effective. I guarantee you this is not a bombshell announcement for such a person. Basically, just a reminder.

You're freaking out over something you lack any understanding of.

Which of the over 10 million immunocompromised Americans?

Cancer patients or organ recipients?  Which types of cancer patients?

We've been told that the vaccines work for most in those categories up until today's CNN report brought to you by the CDDNC which is working overtime to keep the pandemic going.   

44 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Which of the over 10 million immunocompromised Americans?

Cancer patients or organ recipients?  Which types of cancer patients?

We've been told that the vaccines work for most in those categories up until today's CNN report brought to you by the CDDNC which is working overtime to keep the pandemic going.   

You've been told wrong or misunderstood. This is and always has been the nature of the problem for immunocompromised people. Any vaccines may not be as effective because they're...wait for jt... immunocompromised.

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

You've been told wrong or misunderstood. This is and always has been the nature of the problem for immunocompromised people. Any vaccines may not be as effective because they're...wait for jt... immunocompromised.

He’s a troll. Don’t waste your time. 

With The Delta Variant Spreading Fast, Is It Time To Mask Up Again?

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/07/17/1017075240/delta-variant-is-spreading-fast-and-new-cases-are-rising-is-time-to-mask-up-agai

tenor.gif

Events Are Still Being Canceled Because — Reminder — We're Still Living In A Pandemic

People who refuse to get vaccinated are playing a big role in COVID's continued spread, leading to concerts, music festivals, cruises, and more getting canceled.

"Getting back to a “new normal” will be all about getting people vaccinated, MacDonald said. Until then, coronavirus outbreaks will continue to flare up and new variants will evolve, especially in areas with a lot of transmissions."

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/paigeskinner/covid-events-canceled

And we always will

tenor.gif

Edited by Big Blitz

12 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

for sure.  And it’s extremely unfortunate for them.  Time for life to continue on as normal though, and the immunocompromised will have to take extreme precautions while out and about (or not, as their comfort level dictate ls).

15 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

You have missed the point.  

First, they have lied about its effectiveness for them at worst exaggerated at best (maybe for all of us they've lied since the beginning so) ...

Second, the point wasn't just about that info.  

They have released this in the same week it's been (in case you haven't noticed) "we're headed back to lockdowns" week, is no coincidence.  

Every Covid update (I've posted all the highlights) are what you should be interpreting as "your blue state and blue school districts are about to go full mitigation." 

Because Delta!

Is regular Covid gone now btw?  I don't get how this flu works.  I'll check in with Jake Tapper to find out.  

WHO epidemiologist: 'We're getting further away from the end' of COVID-19 pandemic

Infectious disease experts, like World Health Organization epidemiologist Maria Van Kerkhove and National Institutes of Health Director Francis Collins, are dismayed at the world's approach to the COVID-19 pandemic at the moment, The Washington Post reports. 

https://theweek.com/news/1002717/who-epidemiologist-were-getting-further-away-from-the-end-of-covid-19-pandemic

Edited by Big Blitz

54 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Odd.

British science is different from American science.  

Where Has american science said that teenagers need to take the vaccine 

They are Literally the least at risk demographic 

I know the schools in my area aren't making it mandatory

Edited by Buffalo716

47 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Fn idiots:

Your first stat is probably not true. The Delta variant is for sure cracking through and increasing cases even among vaccinated. What it seems to be doing is keeping the breakthrough cases less severe. 

3 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Your first stat is probably not true. The Delta variant is for sure cracking through and increasing cases even among vaccinated. What it seems to be doing is keeping the breakthrough cases less severe. 

So are the vaccinated stupid also now?

23 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So are the vaccinated stupid also now?

Now?   Again I think it's quite interesting that every pill, shot, ingested prescription medication advertisement is predominately about the potential side effects but these vaccinations?  Not so much.  Just line up like a good sheep and eat your veggies and we'll let you have your dessert.  

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Now?   Again I think it's quite interesting that every pill, shot, ingested prescription medication advertisement is predominately about the potential side effects but these vaccinations?  Not so much.  Just line up like a good sheep and eat your veggies and we'll let you have your dessert.  

Most safe vaccine in history!

A huge issue I have is how “educating yourself” on the vaccine only means vaccine = good.  

If we were allowed to see the good and bad, perhaps people like myself… a healthy, 30 something, physically fit male, wouldn’t be so ardent against getting this vaccination. 

It’s medical malpractice to tell those with autoimmune issues and those who recently had covid to get the vaccine… of all the tragic side effects, most of them seem to be affecting those two groups… yet we can’t talk about it.  Any dissent is censored.  

Why should any of us trust an industry that’s hurt people in the past, protected by a government that stifles any dissent?

Edited by SCBills

18 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

FYI Chef, my comment was directed at Sundancer who declared everyone not getting the vaccine as ‘stupid’ only a day or two ago. I’m vaccinated myself but won’t even attempt to make medical decisions or declarations for anyone else. 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

FYI Chef, my comment was directed at Sundancer who declared everyone not getting the vaccine as ‘stupid’ only a day or two ago. I’m vaccinated myself but won’t even attempt to make medical decisions or declarations for anyone else. 

I know I was just commenting that I've considered people getting a non-FDA approved vaccine as stupid from the beginning.  

56 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

FYI Chef, my comment was directed at Sundancer who declared everyone not getting the vaccine as ‘stupid’ only a day or two ago.

You'll have to link me to that. What I said was that people who don't have a medical reason for not getting a vaccine are stupid. 

You got your panties wrung out when I said that if your breast-feeding daughter was recommended by her doctor to get the vaccine, she should listen to her doctor. 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Educate us. 

No thanks.