The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Why not?  I would like to hear your thoughts as to how vaccines work so I can decide if not getting a vaccine is a bad idea or not.  

I've posted enough on this and no you wouldn't. 

You might be more open in real life but I don't know. You post here a lot so this is an important part of your life. We'd probably all be better meeting in person. 

53 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

You'll have to link me to that. What I said was that people who don't have a medical reason for not getting a vaccine are stupid. 

You got your panties wrung out when I said that if your breast-feeding daughter was recommended by her doctor to get the vaccine, she should listen to her doctor. 

No thanks. 

Nice try! 
On the contrary….you said people were globally stupid. I called to your attention that many may have a medical reason and mentioned my daughter as a typical example. Then you told her ‘just listen to your doctor’. Yeah right….and her doctor somehow magically knows the long term impact of the vaccine on an infant even though nobody can possibly know the long term effect of a vaccine that’s been around for less than a year. Face it….it’s your knickers are in a twist because you don’t want your health care worker family members to have to deal with it. Again ….nice try Sunny.

53 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

I've posted enough on this and no you wouldn't. 

You might be more open in real life but I don't know. You post here a lot so this is an important part of your life. We'd probably all be better meeting in person. 

Come on out (California)! The weather is fantastic.  

21 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Nice try! 
On the contrary….you said people were globally stupid. I called to your attention that many may have a medical reason and mentioned my daughter as a typical example. Then you told her ‘just listen to your doctor’. Yeah right….and her doctor somehow magically knows the long term impact of the vaccine on an infant even though nobody can possibly know the long term effect of a vaccine that’s been around for less than a year. Face it….it’s your knickers are in a twist because you don’t want your health care worker family members to have to deal with it. Again ….nice try Sunny.

They are.

610hzLF-G8L.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_FMwebp

Dr Colin Axon warned some cloth masks have gaps that are invisible to the naked eye, but are 500,000 times the size of viral Covid particles

Standard face coverings are just "comfort blankets" that do little to reduce the spread of Covid particles, a scientist advising Sage on ventilation has said.

Dr Colin Axon, who has advised the government on minimising the risk of cross-infection in supermarkets, accused medics of presenting a "cartoonish" view of how how tiny particles travel through the air.

"The small sizes are not easily understood but an imperfect analogy would be to imagine marbles fired at builders' scaffolding, some might hit a pole and rebound, but obviously most will fly through," he told The Telegraph.

Edited by Big Blitz

18 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Where Has american science said that teenagers need to take the vaccine 

They are Literally the least at risk demographic 

I know the schools in my area aren't making it mandatory

No schools to my knowledge are so they're going to make them all wear masks which means forever in masks in K-12.  

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Canada has now surpassed the US vaccination rate (49.4% vs 48.6%).  A country that was so far behind and couldn’t even get the vaccine at first passed us.

Thanks Tucker Trump, Fox News, and GQP conspiracy nuts.

So when things did not go how you’d like last year it was Tump’s fault.  And now?  How about Biden?  Does the current administration have an culpability in this??

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So when things did not go how you’d like last year it was Tump’s fault.  And now?  How about Biden?  Does the current administration have an culpability in this??

WTF more can Biden do? Please - tell us Jim - what more can Biden do to counter the right wing anti-vax propaganda???  Please tell

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

WTF more can Biden do? Please - tell us Jim - what more can Biden do to counter the right wing anti-vax propaganda???  Please tell

Whoa.  Here’s a tissue Billy boy. Didn’t mean to upset you.  😥😥😥

He could stop treating us like children.  You tell me I can’t have dessert until I eat my veggies I’m not eating my veggies but still having a big ole scoop of ice cream.  He could also have a little empathy and stop treating us like the enemy.  And what is this anti vax propaganda?  I’ve not seen or heard it.  

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

He could stop treating us like children.  You tell me I can’t have dessert until I eat my veggies I’m not eating my veggies but still having a big ole scoop of ice cream.  He could also have a little empathy and stop treating us like the enemy.  And what is this anti vax propaganda?  I’ve not seen or heard it.  

You are a mess.

30 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Canada has now surpassed the US vaccination rate (49.4% vs 48.6%).  A country that was so far behind and couldn’t even get the vaccine at first passed us.

Put Trump on Social Media and the vaccine pandemic is over.  

Shame the people that think we all need to get vaccinated and can't because Trump voters......that would change instantly if he were on Twitter.  

I guess your feelings are more important then lives so....

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Hey!  ***** you!!  Pet Rocks were real man!! 

Tickle Me Elmo, the Macarena craze, bottled water, beanie babies, bigblitz.... My point stands.

Edited by Doc Brown

36 minutes ago, BillStime said:

If over half the country is not vaccinated and they are all Trump voters how did Trump lose the election. 🤔

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

THE DELTA VARIANT IS NO EXCUSE TO RETURN TO COVID-19 AUTHORITARIANISM.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/the-delta-variant-is-no-excuse-to-return-to-covid-19-authoritarianism

Who gives AF what the Washington Examiner says other than idiots

22 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You ARE a mess

13 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Nice try! 

I happily amended my statement at the time to exclude those who are immunity compromised. Your daughter appears to disregard her doctor’s advice. This seems like a course of action that most people think of as “smart.” 

With 18 months or so of evidence, the short and long term effects of Covid, which affects the nervous system are coming clear. With 9-12 months of vaccines, same. The risk profiles of each are dramatically different. Dramatically. 

If Covid was killing children in the way it kills older and compromised people, our vaccination rate would be 90+% two months ago. But we don’t care about the people who are dying as much so on it goes with the UK about to set new case records this week and the US on the way. 

I do care about people quitting health care through Covid (the nursing shortage is only getting worse). I also care about others who remain compromised and those who are at higher risk. 

All this vax stuff happened for smallpox and less so for polio. For both, there were anti vax contingents but fewer because those affected kids. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

I happily amended my statement at the time to exclude those who are immunity compromised. Your daughter appears to disregard her doctor’s advice. This seems like a course of action that most people think of as “smart.” 

With 18 months or so of evidence, the short and long term effects of Covid, which affects the nervous system are coming clear. With 9-12 months of vaccines, same. The risk profiles of each are dramatically different. Dramatically. 

If Covid was killing children in the way it kills older and compromised people, our vaccination rate would be 90+% two months ago. But we don’t care about the people who are dying as much so on it goes with the UK about to set new case records this week and the US on the way. 

I do care about people quitting health care through Covid (the nursing shortage is only getting worse). I also care about others who remain compromised and those who are at higher risk. 

All this vax stuff happened for smallpox and less so for polio. For both, there were anti vax contingents but fewer because those affected kids. 

COVID is simply just not deadly enough and allows people to play stupid games. When parents saw their kids in iron lungs they couldn’t get the vaccine fast enough. 

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

Are you a parent? Or a grandparent? The reason why vaccines and drugs in general take so long to come to market is because they study the LONG TERM effects of them on the test animals and human trial groups. We’ve had no such time with the Covid vaccines and no doctor has any more information on it then anyone else. (By the way, you have no idea what my daughter’s doctor has advised her.)  

Edited by SoCal Deek

41 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Are you a parent? Or a grandparent? The reason why vaccines and drugs in general take so long to come to market is because they study the LONG TERM effects of them on the test animals and human trial groups. We’ve had no such time with the Covid vaccines and no doctor has any more information on it then anyone else. (By the way, you have no idea what my daughter’s doctor has advised her.)  

What you said was "Yeah right….and her doctor somehow magically knows the long term impact of the vaccine on an infant even though nobody can possibly know the long term effect of a vaccine that’s been around for less than a year." That certainly sounds like you're discounting what most doctors think. As I said earlier, I don't know what the vaccine advice is for nursing mothers and she should listen to her doctor. 

And also as I said, comparing the risk profile both for Covid vs vax outcomes, and the downstream people that will get more Covid via transmission using unvaccinated people as the conduit, the risk of vax vs un-vax is VERY CLEAR. You have no data to the contrary except unfounded fears. 

Yes I'm a parent and my kid has been vaccinated. I am not particularly worried about me as I'm very healthy but I very much want to help form the herd to protect elderly and immuno-compromised people who are at the highest risks, as well as kids and others who won't get vaxxed from this nervous-system affecting virus that has already been shown to have long effects. You're vaccinated so maybe you had similar reasons.

I'll say again: If this was killing kids like it was killing the elderly, we'd be at 95% vaccinated but we don't care about the elderly and pretty much think our health care system should just bear the extra load without concern for the patients whose care slips and the people who do the care. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Trump handed Joey the vaccine.  The lack of reaching the vaccination goal is on Joey.  "The buck stops..."

Is 90% vaccination a goal you share with Biden? Is it a goal Trump shares with Biden for the good of the US? 

I'd think Trump could do a lot to achieve that goal as a former president. 

2 hours ago, TH3 said:

COVID is simply just not deadly enough* and allows people to play stupid games. When parents saw their kids in iron lungs they couldn’t get the vaccine fast enough. 

*not deadly enough to kids

If we had lost a few hundred thousand kids in the last year, we'd be losing our ***** minds. But this is only affecting old and fat people so whatevs: Why should I vax and help them out? 

9 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

What you said was "Yeah right….and her doctor somehow magically knows the long term impact of the vaccine on an infant even though nobody can possibly know the long term effect of a vaccine that’s been around for less than a year." That certainly sounds like you're discounting what most doctors think. As I said earlier, I don't know what the vaccine advice is for nursing mothers and she should listen to her doctor. 

And also as I said, comparing the risk profile both for Covid vs vax outcomes, and the downstream people that will get more Covid via transmission using unvaccinated people as the conduit, the risk of vax vs un-vax is VERY CLEAR. You have no data to the contrary except unfounded fears. 

Yes I'm a parent and my kid has been vaccinated. I am not particularly worried about me as I'm very healthy but I very much want to help form the herd to protect elderly and immuno-compromised people who are at the highest risks, as well as kids and others who won't get vaxxed from this nervous-system affecting virus that has already been shown to have long effects. You're vaccinated so maybe you had similar reasons.

I'll say again: If this was killing kids like it was killing the elderly, we'd be at 95% vaccinated but we don't care about the elderly and pretty much think our health care system should just bear the extra load without concern for the patients whose care slips and the people who do the care. 

Is 90% vaccination a goal you share with Biden? Is it a goal Trump shares with Biden for the good of the US? 

*not deadly enough to kids

If we had lost a few hundred thousand kids in the last year, we'd be losing our ***** minds. But this is only affecting old and fat people so whatevs: Why should I vax and help them out? 

Sunny

This conversation started because you called people who were not vaccinated ‘stupid’. I’d put it to you that they’re making what they believe to be an informed decision based on their circumstances, experience, information, and yes misinformation coming from all sorts of sources but mostly from the so called ‘experts’ in charge. You can disagree with them but it’s hardly stupidity. Your personal concern for the workload of healthcare workers is noble to a point but it’s not the reason why ANYONE should be getting a vaccination for anything. I’d respectfully put it to you that your family member’s career choices have clouded your thinking. (And again, I’m vaccinated.)

17 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

How?

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Sunny

This conversation started because you called people who were not vaccinated ‘stupid’. I’d put it to you that they’re making what they believe to be an informed decision based on their circumstances, experience, information, and yes misinformation coming from all sorts of sources but mostly from the so called ‘experts’ in charge. You can disagree with them but it’s hardly stupidity. Your personal concern for the workload of healthcare workers is noble to a point but it’s not the reason why ANYONE should be getting a vaccination for anything. I’d respectfully put it to you that your family member’s career choices have clouded your thinking. (And again, I’m vaccinated.)

The burden on our health system is one of many reasons to get vaccinated. The most important being, of course, to protect people who can't get vaccinated by cutting off the transmission chain. And as I've said many times, those who are not recommended to get the vaccine by their doctors should not. The rest: Stupid. It's their god-given American right to be stupid but it is what it is. 

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

How?

He has a platform. His minions are one of the larger anti-vaccine contingents in the country. Maybe use his platform to do some good on this topic? 

It's too late at this point of course but he could have messaged vaccines to his followers as, "Hey America, let's do this." Camera pans out as he gets the shot. Presidential seal featured. 

But he didn't do that. Didn't announce it. He got it silently because he was afraid of the election blowback from his crew. Odd to put election and popularity before country and community, isn't it? 

Edited by Sundancer

Tennessee to stop outreach for vaccinating children for everything. The ignorance is appalling 

The Tennessee Department of Health will halt all adolescent vaccine outreach – not just for coronavirus, but all diseases – amid pressure from Republican state lawmakers, according to an internal report and agency emails obtained by the Tennessean. If the health department must issue any information about vaccines, staff are instructed to strip the agency logo off the documents.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/health/2021/07/13/tennessee-halts-all-vaccine-outreach-minors-not-just-covid-19/7928701002/

Trust in God! 

Like Trump's super spreader events these people are killing others for political gain. 

• Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Tennessee to stop outreach for vaccinating children for everything. The ignorance is appalling 

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/health/2021/07/13/tennessee-halts-all-vaccine-outreach-minors-not-just-covid-19/7928701002/

Trust in God! 

Like Trump's super spreader events these people are killing others for political gain. 

Texas-Democrat-Lawmakers-Escape-on-a-Plane-640x480-1-640x480.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

Main cause is Biden's failure to get people vaccinated and then blames social media.  It's all his fault.  What a mess.  

Edited by Irv

25 minutes ago, buffaloaggie said:

Texas-Democrat-Lawmakers-Escape-on-a-Plane-640x480-1-640x480.jpg

Vaccinated. It’s the stupid idiots that refused to get vaccinated that are the deadly spreaders. You are making excuses for the killers. Lol, that’s funny. You pro-life fascists are such good killers 

• Haha (+1) 1