CBS new mock has us taking AJ Epenesa

58 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Is there a link to this, by chance?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-panthers-begin-matt-rhule-era-with-a-new-quarterback-patriots-get-a-nice-surprise/

I didn't realize the misfortune of the Eagles losing last Sunday given they'll be in the market for a WR.  Would love Tee Higgins.

1 hour ago, TFBillsfan said:

AJE would be a great fit in Buffalo. It will be interesting to see if Beane moves up into the mid teens in the upcoming draft if there is a player they really covet. For the first time in what seems like an eternity the roster is solid. HOWEVER, it’s critical for them to add significant talent that can be difference makers at WR and DE. Each side of the ball needs someone the opponent has to account for. Currently, on offense our only difference maker is JA. Current WR core is solid but needs more talent. TE are developing but have to become more consistent and reliable. Singletary has potential but we need a power back that can provide a 1-2 punch.

DE, WR, RB along with LB and Secondary depth seem like our biggest needs. I could also see us drafting a QB in the 4th round as a backup to Josh. Wonder what the staff thinks of Nate Stanley (QB from Iowa). Three year starter, strong arm, pro style offense, big and strong.

They have the cap space and the draft capital to make a serious run in 2020.

moving up for a defensive player when we had the #2 defense in the league and bottom 5 in almost all offensive stats is what mediocre teams do 

• Like (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

moving up for a defensive player when we had the #2 defense in the league and bottom 5 in almost all offensive stats is what mediocre teams do 

Forcing a draft pick strictly for need, while leaving an impact player on the board is what mediocre teams do. 

• Like (+1) 13
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

AJE would be a great fit in Buffalo. It will be interesting to see if Beane moves up into the mid teens in the upcoming draft if there is a player they really covet. For the first time in what seems like an eternity the roster is solid. HOWEVER, it’s critical for them to add significant talent that can be difference makers at WR and DE. Each side of the ball needs someone the opponent has to account for. Currently, on offense our only difference maker is JA. Current WR core is solid but needs more talent. TE are developing but have to become more consistent and reliable. Singletary has potential but we need a power back that can provide a 1-2 punch.

DE, WR, RB along with LB and Secondary depth seem like our biggest needs. I could also see us drafting a QB in the 4th round as a backup to Josh. Wonder what the staff thinks of Nate Stanley (QB from Iowa). Three year starter, strong arm, pro style offense, big and strong.

They have the cap space and the draft capital to make a serious run in 2020.

Besides wr and backup rb, I thought the offensive line was a big weakness for the team. They still need more talent there.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-panthers-begin-matt-rhule-era-with-a-new-quarterback-patriots-get-a-nice-surprise/

I didn't realize the misfortune of the Eagles losing last Sunday given they'll be in the market for a WR.  Would love Tee Higgins.

Wow, this mock draft has Josh Uche going in the first round?!

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

my grades on them are 2nd round talents. 

Which DE's do you have as 1st round talents?

4 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Forcing a draft pick strictly for need, while leaving an impact player on the board is what mediocre teams do. 

I doubt they'll have to force a pick to select a player for the offense.

If you do want to move up, it'd be wiser to move up for an impact player for the offense, considering the lack of talent on that side of the ball, no?

Edited by 32ABBA

12 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

And then waiting till 2 to grab a WR like Justin Jefferson or Tyler Johnson...man to leave the draft with Epenesa and a guy like Justin Jefferson in just the first two rounds...man 

He won’t be there at 22. Stand pat and go BPA on their board. Lets all remember we will sign some of our own this offseason and grab some FA’s to fill needs. Buffalo is a place players want to come to now. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

He won’t be there at 22. Stand pat and go BPA on their board. Lets all remember we will sign some of our own this offseason and grab some FA’s to fill needs. Buffalo is a place players want to come to now. 

He likely won't be there but if look back the last few years WR been taken later than sooner. So one of the better WRs might fall to us that said I'm in favor of adding an Edge rusher and been campaigning for Curtis Weaver recently. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

I really do agree Bob but we need a top receiver and there are many out there who look like absolute stars.

6 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

I feel like we have been down that road before

Oh yeah but it can work either way. We didn't draft Mahomes or Watson (who we desperately needed) and drafted a corner. We have made mistakes from all angles, no? :):huh:

• Like (+1) 3

13 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

And then waiting till 2 to grab a WR like Justin Jefferson or Tyler Johnson...man to leave the draft with Epenesa and a guy like Justin Jefferson in just the first two rounds...man 

Knowing Sean he will spend 4 picks on defensive side and than draft some sleeper WR in 5th or 6th round telling everyone who they cannot believe the WR last so long.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Hey, CBS sports couldn't even name our starting WRs for game 1 of the season. Misspelled Singletary (Singleton)twice and now I am suppose to believe anything they write about the Bills?

Won't happen

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 3

I’m banging table for signing Clowney and Mathew Slater.  That gives us much draft flexibility.  Harrison can replace Jordan, and Levi can replace KJ- our D returns in tact, and we can devote rest of draft/FA resources on offense

BPA at 22, and every pick 

4 hours ago, 32ABBA said:

I doubt they'll have to force a pick to select a player for the offense.

If you do want to move up, it'd be wiser to move up for an impact player for the offense, considering the lack of talent on that side of the ball, no?

The scenario is the prediction that Epenesa falls to us.  If he is there at 22, which won’t happen, we should take him and look at WR in the 2nd round.  Moving up was not the original discussion.  If we are talking moving up then it’s possible an offensive player would be targeted.