CBS new mock has us taking AJ Epenesa

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

I predict we take a defensive player in the first round too.

This draft is deep in receivers but not so much in pass rushing talent.  If Beane picks up a decent WR in free agency, chances of getting a pass rush talent in round one increases significantly.  Overall, speculating about the draft before the FA moves are complete is just a wild guessing game.  There is a good idea of the positions that need to be improved but not so much about how, when and in what priority Beane will act.  I don't plan to spend much energy worrying about it.  Beane will do a good job, just has he has done for the last couple of off seasons.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, WMDman said:

no way he lasts that long

I doubt it as well, but he does strike me as one of those guys whose phenomenal on tape, but then doesn't blow the top off of the combine and pre-draft stuff and ends up getting bumped down the list due to some workout warriors leap frogging him. It happens with a couple of guys each year... That being said, with how top heavy this edge rusher draft is, I doubt anyone passes on him. 

Is there a link to this, by chance?

3 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Long gone....next

I thought that about Tremaine 2 years ago and we got him with a pretty small trade up... The draft throws some curves each year... Ya never know. 

• Like (+1) 1

AJE would be a great fit in Buffalo. It will be interesting to see if Beane moves up into the mid teens in the upcoming draft if there is a player they really covet. For the first time in what seems like an eternity the roster is solid. HOWEVER, it’s critical for them to add significant talent that can be difference makers at WR and DE. Each side of the ball needs someone the opponent has to account for. Currently, on offense our only difference maker is JA. Current WR core is solid but needs more talent. TE are developing but have to become more consistent and reliable. Singletary has potential but we need a power back that can provide a 1-2 punch.

DE, WR, RB along with LB and Secondary depth seem like our biggest needs. I could also see us drafting a QB in the 4th round as a backup to Josh. Wonder what the staff thinks of Nate Stanley (QB from Iowa). Three year starter, strong arm, pro style offense, big and strong.

They have the cap space and the draft capital to make a serious run in 2020.

• Like (+1) 1