Josh Allen Stat ... wow

Rigotz

2 hours ago, Mango said:

If we had the 20th ranked defense, we would be running Josh out of town. That would be just as much the wrong decision as crowning him as arrived with "half stats" where you list 6/10 games but include 10 games of scoring. 

Josh has made some improvements. I wouldn't call him terrible, I also wouldn't call him good. He is electric to watch though.

Agree.   Like I've stated previously I believe he's 25% pure magic and 75% leaving much to be desired. 

I love his personality, work ethic, grit and mentality, im just not even close to being sold on his franchise status.   I expect more from a guy drafted 7th and crowned a franchise guy. 

His accuracy terrifies me.  Too many times this year I've watched guys running wide open only to see a wildy inaccurate pass sail away. 

Im not ask for perfection, im asking for consistency.  His biggest knocks coming out of college are still evident, even after nearly two seasons at the pro level. 

For me, personally, I need that "he's arrived" moment. 

I look around the league Daniel Jones shredding it, Jackson shredding it, Mahomes shredding it, all making strides puting up monster games and clutch passing performances then look at us and say where are these games from Josh?  They just arent there.  Especially for a guy you moved up to take at 7th. 

If he turns out great, ill eat all the crow in the world and admit I was wrong.   And that wouldn't be a bad thing because then we finally would have a franchise guy for years to come.   That is all I want.  Im simply not seeing it. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Really? I'd take any of Beckham, Landry, and Chubb over their counterparts here, by a mile. Njoku I'd not as big on but he does catch the ball consistently so I'd take him too. What is your possible reasoning behind this take?

As much as I don't like Gregg, he brought structure to the browns. A guy like Baker needs that as do his receivers. They're not all on the same page. If Baker was a Bill, he wouldn't be part of that train wreck. Let's put it this way, if the browns had our coaching staff and gm, they would be in the playoffs. It's not far fetched to think Baker or Donald would be where Josh is right now if they traded places. Unless you see this as I'm knocking josh, which I'm not. Josh had a lot of things to work on coming out of college. He's gotten better due to our environment and coaching. He wouldn't have that if they switched places. Again, this was not a knock in josh, but he is in a much better situation and it shows. I think Josh would have suffered a similar fate if as Baker or Donald if he was taken by the Jets or Browns. Darnold and Baker would have a better chance to succeed if we drafted either of them.

Edited by Dopey
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Yes, the same Barkley who came off the bench in the 4 quarter and drove the team down the field to score the go ahead TD Zay Jones dropped (for which he was cut for) and put up nearly more yardage in the final minutes of the game than Allen did in nearly a full game. 

Yes, that Barkley. 

Ps (love how you edited out my final sentence)

thanks for the info

I was unaware of the ignore feature and when you are consistently harrassed by the same member over and over I believe it is warranted to make a comment. 

I won’t comment because I certainly don’t want to be accused of consistently harassing someone over and over when I choose to disagree with and debate their posts.

But if I did respond, my response would be something like it’s silly to claim that Darnold and Mayfield suffer from inconsistent coaching since the former has had Gase who was brought in specifically because of his supposed value in working with QBs, and the latter had his OC last year elevated to HC specifically so there would be continuity for Mayfield.  

But I won’t say that because I don’t want to hurt any sensitive feelings.

37 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Or you could just not be deliberately obtuse and figure out what the OP was saying

Last 12 weeks- 31 other QBs have thrown more picks than Allen #inaccurate

To say he only has 2 ints is a great post if it was the only intent.

He added TDs to try to show he’s still slinging it and being productive while not throwing the picks, but then rounded it up with the rushing. Which overstates his case. It’s ok to note that. Under 2 TD passes a game doesn’t play as well as 2+ when saying a guy is producing without turnovers

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Among other things, this view appears to ignore the unique aspects of a person that do not easily quantify as stats. Is Allen's leadership and charisma, the combination of intense competiveness, humility, hard work and affability simply immaterial to what contributes to team culture and winning? Does one simply assume that Mayfield and Darnold, quite different personalities, transition and achieve to the same degree? One can speculatively surmise that they would be effective, even if somewhat differently, but ten Buffalo wins, the first double-digit season victory total this millenium, is a reality, not a speculation. I credit Allen for carrying a still fairly pedestrian offense with an OC who is inconsistent and often puzzling in his playcalling.

I give him the same credit. Don't think he does this in NJ or Cleveland. He wouldn't be able to carry those teams to 10 wins. He's not carrying the Bills, he's 1/11. Baker and Darnold could do that if they were here instead. Not a knock on josh, at all. Just mu opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TwistofFate said:

Yes, the same Barkley who came off the bench in the 4 quarter and drove the team down the field to score the go ahead TD Zay Jones dropped (for which he was cut for) and put up nearly more yardage in the final minutes of the game than Allen did in nearly a full game. 

Yes, that Barkley. 

Allen got hurt on the 1st play of the fourth quarter, so, Barkley played, essentially, the entire fourth quarter and came in after Allen had driven the team to NE's 45 yard line. 

In the 3rd quarter, Allen was:       8 - 12  (67%), 93 yards (7.75 YPA), 1 INT, 1 rushing TD.

In the 4th quarter, Barkley was:   9 - 16  (56%), 127 yards (7.9 YPA), 1 INT, 0 TD.

So, the Bills offense was moving pretty good under Allen in the second half, including a score. Barkley actually performed worse in the fourth quarter than Allen did in the 3rd quarter.

The fact that you used Barkley as an example of a consistent accurate QB is a joke - as is your characterization of the pass to Jones as one that was accurate and should have been caught:

1079030706_BarkleytoZay.thumb.jpg.d0a6d5b1e2776cb5c4292caf8b2fcf4d.jpg

Yeah, such a model of an "accurate" pass. The same type of pass you have crucified Allen for.

Your bias is so transparent. You truly have little credibility when it comes to Allen.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Again, this was not a knock in josh, but he is in a much better situation and it shows

I just don't agree with this at all. Mayfield has one of the top 3 supporting casts in the entire NFL. I am not convinced that the difference between Daboll and Kitchens/Monken as play callers is as stark as you seem to think. In fact I would trade our entire receiving corps for Beckham alone, plus replacement level players, since most of out receiving corps is replacement level anyways. Brown has played well this year but he is not anything close to what Beckham would bring to the offense. For example put Beckham in against the Ravens and we at least make it to overtime. Chubb is a top 5 RB this year too. I mean I know the Browns coaching staff is trash but that is an all world supporting cast. I am surprised anyone would try to argue otherwise.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I just don't agree with this at all. Mayfield has one of the top 3 supporting casts in the entire NFL. I am not convinced that the difference between Daboll and Kitchens/Monken as play callers is as stark as you seem to think. In fact I would trade our entire receiving corps for Beckham alone, plus replacement level players, since most of out receiving corps is replacement level anyways. Brown has played well this year but he is not anything close to what Beckham would bring to the offense. For example put Beckham in against the Ravens and we at least make it to overtime. Chubb is a top 5 RB this year too. I mean I know the Browns coaching staff is trash but that is an all world supporting cast. I am surprised anyone would try to argue otherwise.

dont think anyone can argue that  Browns offense is less than the sum of its parts  Bills is much greater than the sum of its parts

2 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

dont think anyone can argue that  Browns offense is less than the sum of its parts  Bills is much greater than the sum of its parts

Right, and I genuinely believe the respective QBs are at least partly the reason behind that. Just blaming the coaches is reductive IMO.

37 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

I lOoK aRoUnD aT DaNiEl JoNeS sHrEdDiNg It ????

4 - 300+ yard games

23 PASSING Tds

2700+ passing yards

62.1 completion percentage 

88.9 Qbr

In 11 starts... 

Better than Allen in practically every single statistical category and he's a Rookie on a horrible team. 

Id call that shredding it. 

Edited by TwistofFate
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I won’t comment because I certainly don’t want to be accused of consistently harassing someone over and over when I choose to disagree with and debate their posts.

But if I did respond, my response would be something like it’s silly to claim that Darnold and Mayfield suffer from inconsistent coaching since the former has had Gase who was brought in specifically because of his supposed value in working with QBs, and the latter had his OC last year elevated to HC specifically so there would be continuity for Mayfield.  

But I won’t say that because I don’t want to hurt any sensitive feelings.

Well that's good. It is Christmas an all. I mean Santa is coming and don't want to get on his naughty list.

1 hour ago, TwistofFate said:

4 - 300+ yard games

23 PASSING Tds

2700+ passing yards

88.9 Qbr

In 11 starts... 

Better than Allen in practically every single statistical category and he's a Rookie on a horrible team. 

Id call that shredding it. 

sHreDDinG tHe MytH tHaT Is jOSh AllEn oNE aBSuRd PoSt aT A TimE!

• Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, whorlnut said:

He’s not NEARLY as bad as some people think he is. Bottom line is they need to get over the “wrong Josh” and pre-draft narratives and open their eyes to what this kid is actually accomplishing. It’s nothing short of remarkable. 

I said years ago that fans cant handle having a rookie QB.  If he doesn't look like Brady right away they think he is garbage.  News Flash... not many QBs come out looking like Mahomes in their first couple years.

7 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I can't remember if it was the Cover 1 guy or the YardsPerPlay guy, but one of them was theorizing that with QBs that run like Lamar and Allen for example, it's more difficult to run screens because the edge defenders are generally trying to contain anyways and that naturally puts them in a good position to disrupt the passing lanes on screens. I think it was focused on Baltimore at the time but was basically showing that Baltimore, Buffalo, and (I think) Seattle are like 3 of the bottom 5 teams in terms of how often they throw screens.

That is probably why when we played Baltimore it looked like their screens were oddly in the center of the field and not off to an edge.

5 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I'm an Allen Guy since pre-draft, and I can name 12 as of this moment:

Mahomes

Wilson

Brees

Brady - maybe for another month at most

Rivers

Jackson

Goff

Rodgers

Cousins

Stafford

Ryan

Dak

Not sure I'd go much past those guys though. That was an interesting exercise because I expected to get to 15 before I really started to question if guys belonged ahead of him. It actually started at 10 or 11.

LOL...  maybe half of these guys tops. 

5 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Ah crap. I meant to put Watson on there.

I think Ben is done, and Wentz is too inconsistent to be clearly ahead IMO

You think Ben is done but not Rivers?  Brady is questionable but I wont argue that.  Rivers on the other hand is done.

3 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

The point is, when they acquired Chubb and Hunt and Landry and Beckham, pundits preseason were predicting playoffs and Superbowl because of all the talent.

I agree that the Bills are playing above their talent level while the Browns have played below it for much of the year.  But I don't think one can exclude the QB as part of that. 

It's been noted by a number of people that Josh Allen seems to have that "it" factor that inspires guys to want to run through a wall with him.  Mayfield has leadership in his own way but it seems different.  You can kind of tell when they talk, how they talk.  So I don't know that you'd get the same effect with Mayfield here.

4 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

I was unaware of the ignore feature and when you are consistently harrassed by the same member over and over I believe it is warranted to make a comment.

If you legitimately feel you are being harassed, the "report" function is at your service.  Mods don't see everything, even in a thread where we're posting - we may be hopping in to view replies to our own posts, for example. 

Typically a mod will review the posting history of both parties.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NoSaint said:

To say he only has 2 ints is a great post if it was the only intent.

He added TDs to try to show he’s still slinging it and being productive while not throwing the picks, but then rounded it up with the rushing. Which overstates his case. It’s ok to note that. Under 2 TD passes a game doesn’t play as well as 2+ when saying a guy is producing without turnovers

Well here... lets not round up with rushing.  Over the last 10 weeks he has 15 TD passes and 2 INTs.  The guy still produced without turnovers. 7.5:1

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Well here... lets not round up with rushing.  Over the last 10 weeks he has 15 TD passes and 2 INTs.  The guy still produced without turnovers. 7.5:1

Yup and at 1.5 TDs per game I’d take a few extra turnovers to get a few more big plays- in general.

a 24-3 season is excellent. I’m not knocking it. But we will have to start scoring more to be a real contender and unless we suddenly become an elite running team it’ll come on joshs arm. 

Just now, NoSaint said:

Yup and at 1.5 TDs per game I’d take a few extra turnovers to get a few more big plays- in general.

a 24-3 season is excellent. I’m not knocking it. But we will have to start scoring more to be a real contender and unless we suddenly become an elite running team it’ll come on joshs arm. 

The problem is a few extra turnovers don't necessarily mean more points or more wins.  

Did anyone expect us to be a contender this season?  Seriously?  There may be a few on the board here that predicted the season we had, but in all honesty not many thought we would be sitting in week 15 with the playoffs locked up on our own.  This team is ahead of schedule and Allen has made progress this year IMO.  There is no reason to think he can't continue that progress.

I cant believe there are people out there (not saying you) that haven't enjoyed one bit of this season.  This is the best season we have had since the Superbowl years and all those people did was complain about Allen sucks and we have a weak schedule.  Enjoy the damn season... oh wait its too late.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Dopey said:

As much as I don't like Gregg, he brought structure to the browns. A guy like Baker needs that as do his receivers. They're not all on the same page. If Baker was a Bill, he wouldn't be part of that train wreck. Let's put it this way, if the browns had our coaching staff and gm, they would be in the playoffs. It's not far fetched to think Baker or Donald would be where Josh is right now if they traded places. Unless you see this as I'm knocking josh, which I'm not. Josh had a lot of things to work on coming out of college. He's gotten better due to our environment and coaching. He wouldn't have that if they switched places. Again, this was not a knock in josh, but he is in a much better situation and it shows. I think Josh would have suffered a similar fate if as Baker or Donald if he was taken by the Jets or Browns. Darnold and Baker would have a better chance to succeed if we drafted either of them.

You think of Baker is a victim of the mess. Others would argue that he is part of the cause of the mess.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

The problem is a few extra turnovers don't necessarily mean more points or more wins.  

Did anyone expect us to be a contender this season?  Seriously?  There may be a few on the board here that predicted the season we had, but in all honesty not many thought we would be sitting in week 15 with the playoffs locked up on our own.  This team is ahead of schedule and Allen has made progress this year IMO.  There is no reason to think he can't continue that progress.

I cant believe there are people out there (not saying you) that haven't enjoyed one bit of this season.  This is the best season we have had since the Superbowl years and all those people did was complain about Allen sucks and we have a weak schedule.  Enjoy the damn season... oh wait its too late.  

ive enjoyed it a lot

but year three of a new regime with a top qb pick on board is on schedule to contend. It’s Goff, Wentz, Wilson, Big Ben, Kaepernick, da bears, ravens, etc...

didn’t expect this win total, and am enjoying that, but I do expect this to be a year that we are supposed to have a chance and disappointed we didn’t have more chips on the table in a season we should have been starting to go for it and also happened to get a lot of breaks.

the flip side of your post is a lot of people don’t seem to think we can do what the rest of the league does so we should be happy getting less. 

I had fun. Especially compared to usual. We could all have a lot more though. 

Edited by NoSaint

1 hour ago, dakrider said:

This.  Goff will be a backup sooner than later.  Cousins has same amount of wins on Monday night as Allen and allen hasn't played a game yet.  Dak is terrible and rivers should retire.  

Then next year Brady is gone and brees wont be far behind.  There ain't many left better then. 

2 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

4 - 300+ yard games

23 PASSING Tds

2700+ passing yards

88.9 Qbr

In 11 starts... 

I'd call that shredding it. 

Danny Dimes is shredding it with 227 passing yards per game, and a 62% completion percentage?  Oh kay.....

There are some pretty football smart people here who like ANY/A.  You might want to look at that.  It has a better track record of corresponding to reality than total QBR.

Neither very good, but Allen has a bit of a leg up there.  Total QBR is not of interest to me, independent of Josh Allen. 

Here's what drives me nuts. 

We step elsewhere.  People say well, the best QB have completion percentages in the mid-60s these days.  It's true.  So now 62% is "shredding it" and 59% is no good, because we're comparing Danny Dimes to Josh Allen. 

We step elsewhere, and people say, well, fumbles are a big problem for Josh Allen, he fumbles too much, I don't care if they're lost.  OK, now Danny Dimes 16 fumbles (10 lost) are shredding it and Josh Allen's 14 fumbles (4 lost) are no good. 

If you want to compare Josh Allen to Watson or Mahomes or even Lamar Jackson and float into the land of might-have-been, I can see that.  I have to stop myself from going there. 

But when you start talking about how Daniel Jones is "shredding it" with his 5.43 ANY/A and 15 more net passing yards compared to Josh Allen, it just highlights how absurd all this becomes. 

How about this - they're both young players, and they're neither where their teams need them to be.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Danny Dimes is shredding it with 227 passing yards per game, and a 62% completion percentage?  Oh kay.....

There are some pretty football smart people here who like ANY/A.  You might want to look at that.  It has a better track record of corresponding to reality than total QBR.

Neither very good, but Allen has a bit of a leg up there.  Total QBR is not of interest to me, independent of Josh Allen. 

We step elsewhere.  People say well, the best QB have completion percentages in the mid-60s these days.  It's true.  So now 62% is "shredding it" and 59% is no good, because we're comparing Danny Dimes to Josh Allen. 

We step elsewhere, and people say, well, fumbles are a big problem for Josh Allen, he fumbles too much, I don't care if they're lost.  OK, now Danny Dimes 16 fumbles (10 lost) are shredding it and Josh Allen's 14 fumbles (4 lost) are no good. 

If you want to compare Josh Allen to Watson or Mahomes or even Lamar Jackson and float into the land of might-have-been, I can see that.  I have to stop myself from going there. 

But when you start talking about how Daniel Jones is "shredding it" with his 5.43 ANY/A and 15 more net passing yards compared to Josh Allen, it just highlights how absurd all this becomes. 

How about this - they're both young players, and they're neither where their teams need them to be.

Jones has put on multiple passing clinics this year.   He just threw for over 300 and 5tds in his 11th start. 

In all honesty that is the kind of performance you expect from a franchise guy taken in the top 10.

If you really want to compare apples to apples compare their rookie seasons. 

Jones has already displayed the capability to take over games multiple times.  That is very impressive from a rookie. 

I don't think people really understand what I mean about accuracy.   Its more than just his percentage.   Its ball placement, throwing receivers open and making anticipatory throws before recievers come out of their breaks.  There have been tons of completions that have been made by guys jumping in the dirt, through the air, etc.

Does he make some beautiful throws?   Absolutely.  But they aren't consistent throws. 

He has a huge arm and relies on it too much.  Break down his passes.  He waits too long when throwing into tight windows instead of relying on anticipation of where that guy is going to be then delivering.  Could he develop that?   Sure.   But I haven't seen much of it. 

Where I think he's improved the most is actually reading defenses and knowing where to go with the ball.   I think that is his greatest improvement from last year.  He just cant connect on those throws on a consistent basis. I actually think people underrate his ability to recognize what he's looking at and where to attack, he's slow through his reads at times but is definitely seeing the field better than last year. 

It is what it is this year. He's made some growth for sure, but not in the area's I felt were most important....accuracy and consistency. 

Im also still left wanting a big game from him.  An arrival. A statement game to silence critics and doubters.  A big 300+ yard game with multiple TDs where he simply puts on a passing clinic and gets in a "zone."

Next year is next year.   Year 3. If we are having these same arguments this time next year I think its safe to say he's not a franchise guy and most likely has reached his ceiling. 

I have no doubt they will surround him with even more support than he had this year.  

It's a make it or break it year next year imo.  

15 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Jones has put on multiple passing clinics this year.   He just threw for over 300 and 5tds in his 11th start. 

In all honesty that is the kind of performance you expect from a franchise guy taken in the top 10.

If you really want to compare apples to apples compare their rookie seasons. 

Jones has already displayed the capability to take over games multiple times.  That is very impressive from a rookie. 

I don't think people really understand what I mean about accuracy.   Its more than just his percentage.   Its ball placement, throwing receivers open and making anticipatory throws before recievers come out of their breaks.  There have been tons of completions that have been made by guys jumping in the dirt, through the air, etc.

Does he make some beautiful throws?   Absolutely.  But they aren't consistent throws. 

He has a huge arm and relies on it too much.  Break down his passes.  He waits too long when throwing into tight windows instead of relying on anticipation of where that guy is going to be then delivering.  Could he develop that?   Sure.   But I haven't seen much of it. 

Where I think he's improved the most is actually reading defenses and knowing where to go with the ball.   I think that is his greatest improvement from last year.  He just cant connect on those throws on a consistent basis. I actually think people underrate his ability to recognize what he's looking at and where to attack, he's slow through his reads at times but is definitely seeing the field better than last year. 

It is what it is this year. He's made some growth for sure, but not in the area's I felt were most important....accuracy and consistency. 

Im also still left wanting a big game from him.  An arrival. A statement game to silence critics and doubters.  A big 300+ yard game with multiple TDs where he simply puts on a passing clinic and gets in a "zone."

Next year is next year.   Year 3. If we are having these same arguments this time next year I think its safe to say he's not a franchise guy and most likely has reached his ceiling. 

I have no doubt they will surround him with even more support than he had this year.  

It's a make it or break it year next year imo.  

Dudes 3-8, with the best rb in the league 

Lmao, he’s TaKeN over the redskins game ?????

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dakrider said:

Yeah, ok. Go ahead and substantiate that.

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

You think Ben is done but not Rivers?  Brady is questionable but I wont argue that.  Rivers on the other hand is done.

Phil may be done. Not ready to call it. Ben, OTOH, looked absolutely finished in weeks 1-3. Like a dude that simply had nothing left to give.

26 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Dudes 3-8, with the best rb in the league 

Lmao, he’s TaKeN over the redskins game ?????

And Allen was 160 with 1td and a 110 qbr against the same team at Home. 

Jones was 352 with 5tds and a 132 qbr on the road. 

People need to realize Daniel Jones actually has lower yard per attempt, 6.62 yard/att, than Allen who is at 6.76 yard/att. The reason Jones has higher passing yard per game is that he has more pass attempts.

Excluding Dallas' game from Jones when he came in to relieve Eli and played only one series, he averages 37.1 pass attempts per game. For Allen, he only averages 30.4 pass attempt per game. Even if we exclude the first Patriots game where he basically didn't play the 4th quarter, Allen still only averages 30.6. With higher yard/att (6.76 vs. 6.62), Allen is very likely to have similar or higher pass yards if he had 6~7 more pass attempts per game.

Lots of people make a big deal that Jones had 300+ yards last week against Redskins when he had 42 pass attempts. When Allen played Redskins several weeks ago, he only had 160 passing yards. By just looking at these numbers, Allen sucks and can't even break 200 yards against the same opponent. However, if we looked closely, Allen only had 20 pass attempts in that game.  If Allen had 42 attempts like Jones, there is a good chance Allen broke 300 yards too.

Also, the opponent matters. Allen faced top 10 pass defense 6 out of his 15 games (40%), including #2 (Pats * 2), #5 (Steelers), #6 (Broncos), #7 (Ravens), and #9 (browns). For Jones, he faced 1 in his 11 starts (Pats).

Edited by syhuang
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

And Allen was 160 with 1td and a 110 qbr against the same team at Home. 

Jones was 352 with 5tds and a 132 qbr on the road. 

Bills won 24-9.      You’re making plenty of sense.    Crusade it up.   

I think i’m done dealing with your trashposts.  Hope Santa can bring you some cheer. 

Edited by Teddy KGB

https://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/34095/bills-players-on-our-quarterback-josh-allen-puts-the-team-on-his-back

Bills players on 'our quarterback': Josh Allen puts the team on his back

Beasley turned in his second 100-yard receiving game of the season (a career best) in the Bills' 24-17 loss to New England but he wasn't focused on that; he did, however, have plenty to say about the team's second-year quarterback, Allen.

"That dude's gonna be one of the best quarterbacks in the league," Beasley said.

In the fourth quarter this season, Allen's 8:0 touchdown-to-interception ratio is the best in the NFL, his 109.7 passer rating ranks sixth and his 11 rushing first downs rank second among quarterbacks. His eight game-winning drives in the fourth quarter or overtime since the start of last season trail only Deshaun Watson, Russell Wilsonand Drew Brees.

13 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think it would serve Josh better to start the game with a bunch of short pass plays where he could settle in.  What was our play calling vs. NE on the first drive?  Run, run, run (QB sneak), run run deep pass on 3rd and 8.    Looking at the design of that deep pass play, deep to Knox is really Allen's only choice that would move the chains.   He's got Singletary in the flat, and it might have been a good choice to dump off to him and see if he could convert.

The entire post is outstanding, and this would theoretically be the correct approach. The only issue is that Daboll's screen game is awful, we don't have springers(outside of Singletary...sort of) and JA is generally off target to open games whether it be the long ball or the short game. 

So while I agree with the premise for various reasons you stated, I don't know that it's gonna work right here, right now. There are always plays to be made against a zero blitz and high percentage throws certainly makes sense under these particular circumstances.

As far as Daboll is concerned, very telling comments. He's essentially hanging him out to dry(big time.) This was a clear insult and the equivalent of "not my fault." In addition, his comments regarding self scouting and other issue are telling. He's saying he's not going to alter his game plan based on his players strengths and weaknesses. That seems...stupid.

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

The entire post is outstanding, and this would theoretically be the correct approach. The only issue is that Daboll's screen game is awful, we don't have springers(outside of Singletary...sort of) and JA is generally off target to open games whether it be the long ball or the short game. 

So while I agree with the premise for various reasons you stated, I don't know that it's gonna work right here, right now. There are always plays to be made against a zero blitz and high percentage throws certainly makes sense under these particular circumstances.

As far as Daboll is concerned, very telling comments. He's essentially hanging him out to dry(big time.) This was a clear insult and the equivalent of "not my fault." In addition, his comments regarding self scouting and other issue are telling. He's saying he's not going to alter his game plan based on his players strengths and weaknesses. That seems...stupid.

I disagree on the general "off target to start games".

If you can, go back and look at the Jets game where he was on-point with those short easy passes.  The ones he's been missing (say, in the Ravens game) are higher DOD throws...he passed up the open easier 4-5 yd completions to take the open 12 yd completion, which makes all the sense in the world except when you're not hitting it.

But of course, if that's what he's going to go for, maybe not the greatest move to tell everyone.

I don't think that Daboll meant it to be hanging Josh out to dry with saying "that would be a good question to ask Josh".  If you listened to his presser today, whether Josh had coaching from PR on what to say or whether he did it himself, he handled it very well.  I think Daboll (or someone) probably told him "TMI to put out in the press, don't let them that far into your bidness"

The self scouting comment is freaking me out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Pokebball said:

You think of Baker is a victim of the mess. Others would argue that he is part of the cause of the mess.

My point is that wouldn't fly with our staff. He would have to fit in to our "culture". I think he would conform.

3 hours ago, Pokebball said:

My point is that wouldn't fly with our staff. He would have to fit in to our "culture". I think he would conform.