Week 15 MNF: Colts at Saints 8:20 on ESPN

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

Just imagine how good Allen and the Bills would be if they had receivers that can actually hang on to the ball.

And they are 10-4 despite it. ?

Just imagine how good they'd be if Brees was the Bills' QB! The passes would be right on the money, and not all over the place, and not mostly too high. Surely would have beat Cleveland and NE. LOL

7 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

I'm literally watching the Saints cheat on every play...blatant block in the back on that last screen pass. When one of their O-linemen got hurt a few minutes ago, and they showed a replay to ostensibly show his injury, there was another Saints lineman holding as blatantly as I've ever seen in 40+ years of watching NFL football. WTF is going on here? "Just do it" for Brees, maybe?

they literally took it off the board with a ticky tack call and you think it’s just give it to drew?

1 minute ago, John in Jax said:

Just imagine how good they'd be if Brees was the Bills' QB! The passes would be right on the money, and not all over the place, and not mostly too high. Surely would have beat Cleveland and NE. LOL

Um, Brees wasn't exactly good in his second season. Bad comparison.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, njbuff said:

Um, Brees wasn't exactly good in his second season. Bad comparison.

Huh? Bad logic. You said RIGHT NOW get JA some good receivers and the Bills would be better. I, as well as others, are saying that JA RIGHT NOW would overthrow/miss good receivers as well. You have eyesight, and watch the Bills games, right? LOL

Just now, John in Jax said:

Huh? Bad logic. You said RIGHT NOW get JA some good receivers and the Bills would be better. I, as well as others, are saying that JA RIGHT NOW would overthrow/miss good receivers as well. You have eyesight, and watch the Bills games, right? LOL

outside of mt13 the bills have the better WRs.

they just need a premiere guy at the top 

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

The team was 5-0 with Bridgewater and the Cardinals were their next opponent right before the bye.

Not an argument. Not even close. They’ve been fighting with SF and SEA all season long  for the one seed in the NFC. 

You got any proof that Brees came back from his thumb injury early to clout chase? 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

I feel bad for Frank and the Colts getting embarrassed like this.....

maybe frank ain’t the coach we thought he was. This team looks like they’re playing out the string. They’ve completely quit. Especially on defense. 

21 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

maybe frank ain’t the coach we thought he was. This team looks like they’re playing out the string. They’ve completely quit. Especially on defense. 

Luck screwed them over and they had to settle on Brissett.  Frank gets a mulligan for this season but next season he'll be on the hot seat if they don't improve.

1 minute ago, John in Jax said:

Why is Brees still at the game.....8 minutes to go and leading by 34!? Maybe the post back on first page about him coming back to go for records has some merit.

he’s just been handing it off the last few drives. How’s that pumping his stats? Oh he threw 1 screen for negative 1 yard. 

Just now, Doc said:

Luck screwed them over and they had to settle on Brissett.  Frank gets a mulligan for this season but next season he'll be on the hot seat if they don't improve.

This is true. Luck put them in a horrible situation. This performance is something else though.

34 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Not an argument. Not even close. They’ve been fighting with SF and SEA all season long  for the one seed in the NFC. 

You got any proof that Brees came back from his thumb injury early to clout chase? 

He doesn’t because its made up. The decision to medically clear Brees to play isn’t up to him. Doctors/Payton say it’s OK, any competitive player is going to play.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

Proof?  You mean aside from his past stat chasing ways?

There's nothing wrong with it.  The game is the game.  I'm just calling it how it is.

Years ago, the Saints were out of the playoff picture, it was the final game of the season and Drew is out there running the hurry up with 15 seconds left on the clock, heaving the ball downfield in an attempt to break Marino's single season yardage record.

He is who he is.  It's not necessarily a fault.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

And on the flipside, Brady almost never comes out of games even if they’re blowouts.

Peyton was pulled from many a 4th quarter throughout his career.  If he played the game the way Brees and Brady did (no mercy/stat chasing) his numbers would be greater than what they already are.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Didn't realize this as I thought the Browns were officially eliminated but apparently there is still a glimmer of hope for them.  I put this scenario into the playoff machine and it turns out this tweet is correct.  This would cause a big 4-way tie for the last playoff spot in which case the Browns would get the tie-breaker and get in:

Everything Cleveland Retweeted
Everything Cleveland
@EverythingCLE_
·
16h
The Browns will 100% make playoffs if:

▪️Browns win out
▪️Titans lose out
▪️Saints beat the Colts
▪️Colts beat Panthers
▪️Jets beat Steelers
▪️Ravens beat Steelers
▪️Colts beat Jaguars

1 hour ago, Talley56 said:

Didn't realize this as I thought the Browns were officially eliminated but apparently there is still a glimmer of hope for them.  I put this scenario into the playoff machine and it turns out this tweet is correct.  This would cause a big 4-way tie for the last playoff spot in which case the Browns would get the tie-breaker and get in:

Everything Cleveland Retweeted
Everything Cleveland
@EverythingCLE_
·
16h
The Browns will 100% make playoffs if:

▪️Browns win out (Ravens and Cincy.  Magic 8 ball says: Only if the Ravens rest their starters)
▪️Titans lose out (Saints and Texans.  It could happen)
▪️Saints beat the Colts (Done)
▪️Colts beat Panthers (I have no opinion)
▪️Jets beat Steelers (Hahahahahahahahahaha.  Not if Tomlin still has teeth at that point)
▪️Ravens beat Steelers (Plausible)
▪️Colts beat Jaguars (I have no opinion)

Interesting.  But unlikely.

Just now, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Now there’s an idea for a Christmas movie, and it certainly won’t be on the Hallmark Channel.  ?

Oh I beg to differ. Maybe something like this: a diehard Bill's fan who moved away long ago comes back to WNY in mid December after his Mom dies,  to tcob and sell the farm in Elma. He decides to take in a Bills game, and he sits next to a hottie who just lost her Dad, and is at the game with her brother.  Of course at 1st the guy doesn't know its her brother, but a little bit into the movie he figures it out, and next thing you know they're getting together to talk about old Christmases at Delaware park. Later, they're heading down to Canalside and making it happen, and then a few weeks later, they're making plans for the playoffs, and a Bills Super Bowl appearance! Movie culminates with Haush$$$ making a 47 yard walk off winning kick!

11 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Drew Brees is a shameless stat chaser.  

He came back from injury early this year, I believe, because Brady had surpassed him in TDs.

Oh FFS, he’s an instant HOFer. Bills fans embarrass themselves when they try and crap on the HOF record of a superb AND classy athlete, who has the hunger to win every time and the highest rate of accuracy and success!

We should be so lucky to have had ONE QB this Millennium 1/4 as good as Brees!

Bills QBs with 300 Yard Passing Games this Millennium!

Bledsoe 2002-2003 = 7

Holcomb 2005 = 1

Losman 2006 = 2

Fitz 2010-2012 = 6

Orton 2014 = 3

Taylor 2016 = 1

Total = 20

Drew Brees 2002-2019 = 

Number of 300-Yard Games: 128 (120 regular season, 8 postseason)

Team Record in 300-Yard Games: 82-46 (79-41 regular season, 3-5 postseason)

Number of 400- Yard Games: 16

Number of 500- Yard Games: 2

Edited by Billsatlastin2018
  • Like (+1) 1

If Brees had 2 more rings, there would be a lot more talk of him being the GOAT. Especially if he defeated Tom Brady in a Super Bowl, which SHOULD have happened last year. I feel pretty strongly that if the Saints don't get hosed in the NFC championship game, they go on to win that Superbowl. That could have been one of the best games/moments in NFL history. Arguably 2 QBs playing in the championship for GOAT status. That blown call sucked on so many levels. I had 0% confidence in Goff getting it done in that game. Was one of the lamer SB's I've seen in a while.

3 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Oh FFS, he’s an instant HOFer. Bills fans embarrass themselves when they try and crap on the HOF record of a superb AND classy athlete, who has the hunger to win every time and the highest rate of accuracy and success!

We should be so lucky to have had ONE QB this Millennium 1/4 as good as Brees!

I'm not saying Brees isn't great, but stats are CLEARLY important to him.

People hate hearing the truth these days.  It's weird. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1