Cris Collinsworth man

I am generally a fan of Collinsworth but then I am generally watching him do SNF games featuring the same dozen teams over and over. Teams he actually knows about and has taken time to get to know. 

He was not great last night. Sounded like his research involved watching one Bills game and then he thought "that'll do" and cracked open the red wine. He did not sound prepared at all. Was disappointing to be honest because I like the guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, H2o said:

I must have said "***** you Collinsworth" or "Shut the ***** up Collinsworth" at least 400 times combined. My 14 year old asked, " How did he get this job?" :lol:

A few years ago the phrase “Shut up, Chris!” became a saying in my house.  It was said so many times during SNF that it became the go to phrase used when someone said something inane or ridiculously obvious.  My kids, now 14 & 16, started that.  (No, no one in the house is named Chris.). Sadly, it’s use has waned. It was hilarious. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, White Linen said:

All QB's depend on receivers making a few excellent catches a game.  Allen is no different.

Allen's throws are tough to adjust to based on shear time.  Soft tosses with lots of air are easy to adjust to and make the throw seem accurate.

Derrick Burroughs.  That's where it started.

I have no problem with the legitimate and deserved criticism of Allen's technical errors, and frankly, I getting a little tire of them.

But....The third quarter was nothing more than a Steeler's documentary narrated by this crew.

I was expecting them to break out an Ancestry.com report on the Rooney family, or maybe stop the game for a Rooney grandchild parade.

It was overwhelming.

14 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I thought his constant harping on Steelers injuries was over the top and he could have talked more about the Bills. He threw out a few accolades to the Bills rebuild but mostly questioned Allen’s play and our receiver corps.  Not that he was wrong, but it got old. 

Michaels had nothing good to say about us and is clearly disappointed to see us move into higher echelons of the NFL.  He was the more disappointing of the two. 

The country picked Bills, none of the panel of experts did though. Typical for our team. 

A couple picked the Bills to win.  I think it was 4-3 Pitt counting the country vote which was clearly miscalculated because someone said people in Tennessee forgot the Bills exist.

Collinsworth was looking to continue the Allen narrative & was giddy when Allen threw a terrible swing pass to Beasley & then a high though catchable pass that was intercepted.  Rounded it out with the low throw to Dimarco.  

Was he right?  Probabaly, however didn't say that they were catchable (& Brown Alligator armed a great pass).

Did he critique Duck at all?  Yes he said the second White Int was terrible, however did not seem as negative when talking about him.   

6 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Collinsworth was looking to continue the Allen narrative & was giddy when Allen threw a terrible swing pass to Beasley & then a high though catchable pass that was intercepted.  Rounded it out with the low throw to Dimarco.  

Was he right?  Probabaly, however didn't say that they were catchable (& Brown Alligator armed a great pass).

Did he critique Duck at all?  Yes he said the second White Int was terrible, however did not seem as negative when talking about him.   

He mentioned that Brown was took his eyes off the ball as a result of feeling the defender coming. 

7 hours ago, Bring it said:

Actually he has annoyed much more in other games than tonight, but pretty sure Al Micheals wasn’t crazy about the Bills winning!

Al needs to stick to golf. He struggled too. Give me Romo all day long. Guys like Fouts and Collinsworth live to be annoying. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, wvbillsfan said:

It was very clear he did zero homework on the Bills and generally went with the same propaganda most have gone with. Josh isn’t accurate that’s his issue. Wrs are too small. Buffalo has a very good defense blah blah blah. 

And Josh could've shut him up with some accurate passes. And Beasley could've shut him up by hauling in that high ball off his hands.

Bills fans, it's o.k. now ... they flexed us into prime time, we gave them a boring but respectable showing, the days of ignoring the Bills are over ....

Collinsworth is breathing air that would be better used by me and my friends...

Go Bills!!!

6 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Stupidest thing he said was when TJ Watt caused a fumble. 

He said " that was pure hustle"

i rewatched the play. Watt ran, literally, 5 steps on the entire play. 

Beasley messed that play up.  He didn't have to even really block Watt, just get in his way.

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

yes, i need to start paying for that.. anyone know how to get it for free online.. ??  This media bias can only get worse from here on out, win or lose.

I have a yamaha stereo with an app on it called net radio gets WGR fine turn it on before game starts.   However delay is almost 1:30 is have to pause DVR also after commercials sometimes ya need to pause or FF a little again.   With sirius Over the air receivers the pause is 5 seconds if on a 700 channel if on local Local OTA channel and sirius are ver y close last night Bills feed was 1/2 second aged only notice is on when ref is announcing penalties etc

I enjoy Collinsworth as much as anyone, and he was insufferable last night.

He must've said "Josh Allen's biggest problem is" at least 3 times in the first quarter alone. Chris, he can't possibly be that bad.

The Bills were up 7-3 in the 2nd, and he and Al talked about the Steelers for 7 straight minutes. Um, guys, the Bills are 9-4 (at the time) and winning in prime time on the road. They exist. Do your job and talk about them.

Then the total lack of any recognition when he leads a go-ahead scoring drive in the 4th. Gross.

I really do like the SNF team. CC is brilliant with his breakdowns and Al is affable as can be. Michelle Tafoya is as sharp and poignant as any sideline reporter in the business...but they had a really bad night from a quality standpoint.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, QB Bills said:

Such homers on this board. Collinsworth was excellent as he almost always is.

LOL.  Collinsworth's company is PFF, and they have a vested interest in Josh Allen not being a legitimate starter in the NFL.  It was so obvious.  That five minute "analysis" of Josh's interception was mind-numbing.  I've never seen anything like it.

8 hours ago, wvbillsfan said:

It was very clear he did zero homework on the Bills and generally went with the same propaganda most have gone with. Josh isn’t accurate that’s his issue. Wrs are too small. Buffalo has a very good defense blah blah blah. 

He did the usual crib sheet that all the moron announcers do. "Josh has canon arm, McD/Bills have a great D, Buffalo lost 4 straight SBs, Buffalo is the home of chicken wings, NF is close by!!". Then he sprinkled in a few erroneous observations and a full serving of verbal diarrhea.

• Haha (+1) 1