Cris Collinsworth man

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Except that he wasn't, really.

LOL how contrarian of you hapless..j/k u don't think so eh? I respect your football acumen and I dont have the game recorded to referencer but I thought it was legit when I heard it....

On 12/16/2019 at 12:00 AM, QB Bills said:

Such homers on this board. Collinsworth was excellent as he almost always is.

Football player, lawyer, announcer...  Seems he has had a lot going for him over years. It's said he watches a ton of tape in preparation as well. Generally, he's one of the bést. Not perfect but pretty darn good.

39 minutes ago, Margarita said:

LOL how contrarian of you hapless..j/k u don't think so eh? I respect your football acumen and I dont have the game recorded to referencer but I thought it was legit when I heard it....

I put in a bunch of detail up thread here, including a link to a TBN article and explaining how it fit with what Jordan Palmer has said.  I also paged Buffalo716 who scouts and he confirmed.

12 minutes ago, Spiderweb said:

Football player, lawyer, announcer...  Seems he has had a lot going for him over years. It's said he watches a ton of tape in preparation as well. Generally, he's one of the bést. Not perfect but pretty darn good.

He didn't come across like a guy who watches a ton of tape.  JMO.

But I will admit Romo is my guy and I do know some people don't like him.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I put in a bunch of detail up thread here, including a link to a TBN article and explaining how it fit with what Jordan Palmer has said.  I also paged Buffalo716 who scouts and he confirmed.

He didn't come across like a guy who watches a ton of tape.  JMO.

But I will admit Romo is my guy and I do know some people don't like him.

thank you I'll check it out.

On 12/15/2019 at 11:00 PM, QB Bills said:

Such homers on this board. Collinsworth was excellent as he almost always is.

The only thing Bills fans seem to love almost as much as winning is taking offense at perceived slights from announcers...I don't know that Collinsworth was "excellent", but he was fine. The "Collinsworth" sucks mantra gets old.  During the Super Bowl era it was Dierdorf...we always gotta hate somebody. It was nice to get the big network treatment for the second time in 3 weeks. 

Edited by Buftex

5 hours ago, RiotAct said:

to ne fair, I was thinking the same thing at the time, especially given the... ummmmm... “interesting” playcalling to end the first half and for most of the third quarter.

100%. 

before that drive i was complaining about how they had taken the ball out of allen's hands and were playing dick jauron ball. 

I just re-watched the sequence leading up to and following the Bills' go-ahead TD, and anyone who doesn't think Collinsworth has an axe to grind about Josh just wasn't paying attention.

On 2nd and 9 from the 15 Collinsworth waxes poetic about how "so many teams try to come to Pittsburgh and win the game; you have to "not lose" the game..."

Just before the TD pass on 3rd down:  "I don't think you're gonna see the Bills being crazy aggressive...they love their defense, they would love a lead right now in the 4th quarter."

After the TD pass, Collinsworth says nothing other than "go figure" and then recaps the routes run by the Bills.

At NO time does he credit Allen with the perfectly thrown pass to Kroft.  Watch it yourself.

Collinsworth is a douche.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

At NO time does he credit Allen with the perfectly thrown pass to Kroft.  Watch it yourself.

It was a 14 yd pass, from a clean pocket, to a wide open man. It's the kind of pass that an NFL QB should make 99 out of 100 times. Him not mentioning this isn't some perceived slight. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/16/2019 at 1:12 AM, RyanC883 said:

Hodges is an undrafted rookie, not the 7th pick who is allegedly a franchise qb.   

Hodges was a starting QB in an NFL regular season game.  He can be talked about.  And NBC had no problem showing duck calls and Duckmania in its intro.

• Thank you (+1) 1

OK, I'll come clean.  From another thread I put out what really really puked me out about the SNF announcers. 

I don't know for sure it was Collinsworth, just judging by vocal tone from the rest of the game.

I was totally wigged out by some probably-intended-as-complimentary comments made about McDermott at the end of the game:

"and you just have to wonder, how sweet this is for Sean McDermott, who had to line up across from Mike Tomlin all those days, knowing he was the lesser athlete, knowing he didn't have great opportunities to win those battles, and yet here tonight, to go to the playoffs, (flat tone) he won it"

I guaran-*****-tee it that a lesser athlete like McDermott, who walked on, earned a scholarship, earned a starting role, then ended his college career with all-conference honors, never had any such thought.  Not once.  If he got beat, he was 100% "how did he beat me? what can I do to counter that? let's look at the film. If I'm not able to do it, what can I do that would make me able to do it? 2" better vertical leap?  Better burst? Better angle?  Better hit the gym"  There's a reason Tomlin said "he'd come out for practice with his wrists taped and go at me and I wanted no part of him", and it's not because McDermott was thinking wimp-ass thoughts like "I am the lesser athlete and can't win this"

Here's the original post.  I stand by my assessment that whoever that was (Collinsworth? pretty sure), I don't think he could have found a better put-down disguised as a compliment to say about our coach if he thought it out with both hands all weekend. 

We won.  McDermott won.  Just give them man his propers.  I heard that and I thought "spoken like a guy who coasted on physical talent and never put in the grind" (in between hitting on 14-18 yr old girls who weren't too smart, apparently).  I respected Collinsworth when he was a player, but less now!

1 hour ago, QCity said:

It was a 14 yd pass, from a clean pocket, to a wide open man. It's the kind of pass that an NFL QB should make 99 out of 100 times. Him not mentioning this isn't some perceived slight. 

It was solid QB play.  Josh looked left at the trips set to pull defenders away, then came back and fired a bullet right on Kroft's chest.

There was no reason for the analyst doing the game not to comment on how Josh was effective.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Buftex said:

The only thing Bills fans seem to love almost as much as winning is taking offense at perceived slights from announcers...I don't know that Collinsworth was "excellent", but he was fine. The "Collinsworth" sucks mantra gets old.  During the Super Bowl era it was Dierdorf...we always gotta hate somebody. It was nice to get the big network treatment for the second time in 3 weeks. 

I am glad you were able to enjoy it.  For parts of the game I muted it except when there were flags or calls I needed to hear.

1 hour ago, QCity said:

Context, my man.  Some of us feel that Collinsworth showed bias with Duckmania/lack of critique on Duck's ducks vs. critiquing Allen's mechanics (not quite correctly) on a throw that he himself certainly would have caught as a WR (he's 6'5"), that all of Lamar Jackson's TE would have caught, that many WR could have caught.  (It's not 90% on Beasley that he didn't catch it and it should have been a better throw, but it was still good enough James Washington would have caught that).

IN THAT CONTEXT, it does appear to show bias that he couldn't credit Allen when he did make some big-boy accurate throws with beautiful technique.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Dear lord, some of you are so sensitive.  There were plenty of positive comments they said about us. 

I am not "sensitive" -- I am merely pointing out that Collinsworth has a bias against Josh Allen and will take any opportunity to confirm that bias.  I don't like him as an analyst, PERIOD, because he panders to certain interests and is not particularly enlightening.  I have watched very little SNF because of that fact.  I was forced to listen to him this past weekend because my favorite team was playing.  Yes, he said many nice things about the defense, the coach, John Brown, and the GM, but the only thing he wanted to say about Josh was to point out his problems.  Case in point -- why did Collinsworth not say anything regarding Josh's 4th quarter QB rating and comebacks?  That would have been great stuff, and perfectly appropriate under the circumstances.

Once again, you have gone so 180 degrees away from being a "fan" that you yourself are overly sensitive when fans take umbrage with how the team or its' players are characterized by the media.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, eball said:

I just re-watched the sequence leading up to and following the Bills' go-ahead TD, and anyone who doesn't think Collinsworth has an axe to grind about Josh just wasn't paying attention.

On 2nd and 9 from the 15 Collinsworth waxes poetic about how "so many teams try to come to Pittsburgh and win the game; you have to "not lose" the game..."

Just before the TD pass on 3rd down:  "I don't think you're gonna see the Bills being crazy aggressive...they love their defense, they would love a lead right now in the 4th quarter."

After the TD pass, Collinsworth says nothing other than "go figure" and then recaps the routes run by the Bills.

1)"so many teams try to come to Pittsburgh and win the game; you have to "not lose" the game...":  He said so many teams(he didn't single out the Bills). Plus we did what we needed to in order to "not lose the game".

2)Just before the TD pass on 3rd down:  "I don't think you're gonna see the Bills being crazy aggressive...they love their defense, they would love a lead right now in the 4th quarter."

After the TD pass, Collinsworth says nothing other than "go figure" and then recaps the routes run by the Bills.: He said something that made total sense, nothing out of bounds. Then he says "go figure". When I heard that, I laughed. I took it as "well they just proved me wrong, go figure". Not sure how you find that as a slight. 

3) At NO time does he credit Allen with the perfectly thrown pass to Kroft.  Watch it yourself. Not sure why you feel that makes him a douche, unless you're Josh Allen in disguise. Thin skinned over nothing. 

Collinsworth used to be my favorite NFL analyst, and we're talking probably 5-10 years ago.  Romo is easily my favorite analyst now, and it isn't even close.

While I stated during the game this past Sunday that I don't care about what the national media thinks about the Bills (and that all I wanted was a W), I did find it super odd that Mike Tomlin was getting face time on camera during a Bills drive.  I also found that The Duck got comparatively very little pushback for his lousy performance.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Thin skinned over nothing. 

Thin skinned?  I'm stating a case that Collinsworth has a bias against Josh Allen.  It's obvious to most who watched and listened.  Doesn't "affect" me either way, just stating facts.

I think Collinsworth is a douche because of his personality.

15 minutes ago, Dopey said:

1)"so many teams try to come to Pittsburgh and win the game; you have to "not lose" the game...":  He said so many teams(he didn't single out the Bills). Plus we did what we needed to in order to "not lose the game".

2)Just before the TD pass on 3rd down:  "I don't think you're gonna see the Bills being crazy aggressive...they love their defense, they would love a lead right now in the 4th quarter."

After the TD pass, Collinsworth says nothing other than "go figure" and then recaps the routes run by the Bills.: He said something that made total sense, nothing out of bounds. Then he says "go figure". When I heard that, I laughed. I took it as "well they just proved me wrong, go figure". Not sure how you find that as a slight. 

3) At NO time does he credit Allen with the perfectly thrown pass to Kroft.  Watch it yourself. Not sure why you feel that makes him a douche, unless you're Josh Allen in disguise. Thin skinned over nothing.

We're all entitled to our opinions.

You're entitled to your opinion, too, except when you characterize someone as "Josh Allen in disguise" because they're "Thin Skinned over Nothing" in your view.

So Wrong.

Sioux warriors could use Josh Allen's skin in place of Buffalo Hide for their Medicine Shields.  LEO could borrow Josh Allen's skin for a new-age bullet proof vest.  I mean, look at him.  No one wanted him out of high school, despite taking his team to state championship.  Only 2 schools responded to 1000 letters out of JUCO.  Coming out of college, stats outfits wrote articles calling him a "joke of a first round pick" and "no point in hope trafficking, Josh Allen was a poor pick". "From a statistical standpoint, Allen is one of the worst first-round quarterback selections in recent history."  They're still at it: PFF (which Collinsworth owns) called him "worst starting QB in the NFL" earlier this season.  The local media ride him unmercifully about missing long throws.  Prime-time announcers nitpick his mechanics on throws they would have caught when they were playing WR.

And yet, here he is, wearing Post Malone lyrics on his way to beat the Broncos, leading his team to our first 10 win record in 20 years, and playoff-bound.

4 minutes ago, eball said:

I think Collinsworth is a douche because of his personality.

Good grief, this Collinsworth chap is really getting on your guys nerves apparently. 

I am not entirely sure but I think this was the first time I heard him commentating on a game.  Reason being simply that the previous time our beloved Bills played a Sunday night game we were still in the pre-NFL Gamepass era, and I am not really too keen on starting my working week by going to bed at 5:30am on Monday morning (that is the time these games end in my Brussels time zone...) because Cowboys v Giants is on...

So, Collinsworth from a neutral unbiased perspective: well, I thought he was a bit of a pompous prat, who commentated on the game with a demeanor of not being really that interested as it was only the Bills.  For the rest, I got more annoyed with the overall way that this broadcast seemed to be wanting to make it entertainment instead of real football commentary.  Probably I am more accustomed to the more business-like approach of the 1pm kick-off games we always play !  Particularly the interventions of that third person, the woman apparently running along the sideline, I didn't really see the point of that.  At one point she was still jabbing on while a play was unfolding, an important one and all, think a second down in the red zone.  Wish they would just comment on the plays instead of telling me what Mike Tomlin had for breakfast...

Anyway, that's my 5 cents of opinion, never mind, play-offs baby. Go Bills !   

40 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We're all entitled to our opinions.

You're entitled to your opinion, too, except when you characterize someone as "Josh Allen in disguise" because they're "Thin Skinned over Nothing" in your view.

So Wrong.

Sioux warriors could use Josh Allen's skin in place of Buffalo Hide for their Medicine Shields.  LEO could borrow Josh Allen's skin for a new-age bullet proof vest.  I mean, look at him.  No one wanted him out of high school, despite taking his team to state championship.  Only 2 schools responded to 1000 letters out of JUCO.  Coming out of college, stats outfits wrote articles calling him a "joke of a first round pick" and "no point in hope trafficking, Josh Allen was a poor pick". "From a statistical standpoint, Allen is one of the worst first-round quarterback selections in recent history."  They're still at it: PFF (which Collinsworth owns) called him "worst starting QB in the NFL" earlier this season.  The local media ride him unmercifully about missing long throws.  Prime-time announcers nitpick his mechanics on throws they would have caught when they were playing WR.

And yet, here he is, wearing Post Malone lyrics on his way to beat the Broncos, leading his team to our first 10 win record in 20 years, and playoff-bound.

Thanks for the input. I think someone who calls Chris a "douche" can handle my characterization of him as Josh in disguise. His opinion is a strong one. He's entitled to that opinion, just as you mentioned. The fact that I characterized him that way and you don't like it, doesn't mean I am not entitled to my opinion. It doesn't work that way. Calling Chris a douche is also "so wrong", as you put it. My characterization of Eball as Josh is pretty tame, if we're comparing the two. I've read plenty of posts with harsher characterizations of others. As to the rest of your post, I get it. I like Josh, but my post wasn't anti Josh. IMO, some here are thin skinned to criticisms of Josh. One of the worst critics is Dan Le Batard . He harps on how bad Josh is and how we're winning in spite of Josh. Comes with the territory of being a QB in the NFL. I still love the Dan Le Batard show and listen though. 

Respectfully,

Dopey

Edited by Dopey
  • Like (+1) 1

I didnt think it was as bad as Emmett Smith. Collinsworth just sounds permanently drunk to me. So I take what he says like im the uber driver taking him home after last call. That being said; I hope everybody continues to doubt the Bills until I get my Buffalo Vs. Everybody shirt.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Thanks for the input. I think someone who calls Chris a "douche" can handle my characterization of him as Josh in disguise. His opinion is a strong one. He's entitled to that opinion, just as you mentioned. The fact that I characterized him that way and you don't like it, doesn't mean I am not entitled to my opinion. It doesn't work that way. Calling Chris a douche is also "so wrong", as you put it. My characterization of Eball as Josh is pretty tame, if we're comparing the two. I've read plenty of posts with harsher characterizations of others. As to the rest of your post, I get it. I like Josh, but my post wasn't anti Josh. IMO, some here are thin skinned to criticisms of Josh. One of the worst critics is Dan Le Batard . He harps on how bad Josh is and how we're winning in spite of Josh. Comes with the territory of being a QB in the NFL. I still love the Dan Le Batard show and listen though. 

Respectfully,

Dopey

Ha!  It's the characterization of Josh as "thin skinned" I objected to.  Truly bad take, and I stand by that.

You are correct that some here are thin-skinned about criticism of Josh.  I think some of the critique is ridiculous, but I'm not yet totally sold on JoshAllenQB.   Josh Allen, All Around Good Dude and total Football Gamer, has my vote.  And Josh to his credit says "he's not where he wants to be".

I probably would have agreed with you that "douche" is a strong opinion of Collinsworth and probably inaccurate, until someone posted that clip of him talking about 14-18 yr old girls.  As a parent whose kid just emerged from that age range --- I gotta say that changed my take.  Douche it is.

1 minute ago, Mr. K said:

I didnt think it was as bad as Emmett Smith. Collinsworth just sounds permanently drunk to me. So I take what he says like im the uber driver taking him home after last call. That being said; I hope everybody continues to doubt the Bills until I get my Buffalo Vs. Everybody shirt.

Where can I get one?

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ha!  It's the characterization of Josh as "thin skinned" I objected to.  Truly bad take, and I stand by that.

You are correct that some here are thin-skinned about criticism of Josh.  I think some of the critique is ridiculous, but I'm not yet totally sold on JoshAllenQB.   Josh Allen, All Around Good Dude and total Football Gamer, has my vote.  And Josh to his credit says "he's not where he wants to be".

I probably would have agreed with you that "douche" is a strong opinion of Collinsworth and probably inaccurate, until someone posted that clip of him talking about 14-18 yr old girls.  As a parent whose kid just emerged from that age range --- I gotta say that changed my take.  Douche it is.

Where can I get one?

Maybe I could have written it better. I was referring to eball as being thin skinned over nothing. Josh is actually taking any criticisms like a champ. Baker should follow Josh as an example on how to deal with this stuff.

Edit: As the father of a daughter, I'm with you. Didn't hear it and won't even bother listening. OK,Douche it is.

:beer:

Edited by Dopey
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Where can I get one?

Google with give you a ton of results. Just check the website to make sure its reputable.

http://google.com/search?q=buffalo+vs+everybody&rlz=1CAMWDF_enUS795US795&oq=buffalo&aqs=chrome.0.69i59l2j69i57j0j69i60l2j69i61j69i60.3217j1j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Graphic Designer in our family makes shirts for us occasionally. 

On 12/17/2019 at 9:35 AM, Groin said:

Collinsworth used to be my favorite NFL analyst, and we're talking probably 5-10 years ago.  Romo is easily my favorite analyst now, and it isn't even close.

While I stated during the game this past Sunday that I don't care about what the national media thinks about the Bills (and that all I wanted was a W), I did find it super odd that Mike Tomlin was getting face time on camera during a Bills drive.  I also found that The Duck got comparatively very little pushback for his lousy performance.

Jeepers...The Duck was a freaking udrafted free agent QB, in his 4th start...he was their third string QB...what was Collinsworth (or anyone) supposed to say?  

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Buftex said:

Jeepers...The Duck was a freaking udrafted free agent QB, in his 4th start...he was their third string QB...what was Collinsworth (or anyone) supposed to say?  

I wasn't suggesting that The Duck should've been lit up or by Collinsworth or anything like that.  It's just that I feel he was receiving effusive praise, at times, when it was not deserved.

10 minutes ago, Groin said:

I wasn't suggesting that The Duck should've been lit up or by Collinsworth or anything like that.  It's just that I feel he was receiving effusive praise, at times, when it was not deserved.

took me awhile but i learned to not even begin to bother, most of the time,  with the non-stop patter that they feel must clog up every telecast, just let it wash over you like the waves of the ocean

if this isn't tolerable then realize it's a national broadcast and they want to hype up every single play to keep people watching for the ads in the 4th quarter

if this isn't tolerable turn off the volume and listen to something you enjoy and watch the game, they tell you almost nothing you didn't just see if you were paying attention

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/19/2019 at 9:00 AM, row_33 said:

took me awhile but i learned to not even begin to bother, most of the time,  with the non-stop patter that they feel must clog up every telecast, just let it wash over you like the waves of the ocean

if this isn't tolerable then realize it's a national broadcast and they want to hype up every single play to keep people watching for the ads in the 4th quarter

if this isn't tolerable turn off the volume and listen to something you enjoy and watch the game, they tell you almost nothing you didn't just see if you were paying attention

Exactly!  I really don't give a crud about their opinions, the announcers, for me, are simply there to remind me of the in-game situations (time left, time-outs etc etc)...I like them for that, and I will never be one of those who claims to turn the sound down, because the announcers get on my nerves that much.  I realize, the stuff I want from them is all up on the screen all of the time anyways, but to me, I find all the graphics, fantasy stats etc etc more annoying than the announcers.  On the rare occasion that I am stuck watching a Bills game in a bar, with no sound, or sound from another game, I don't enjoy the experience as much.  The announcers, good or bad, are just part of the experience

23 hours ago, Buftex said:

On the rare occasion that I am stuck watching a Bills game in a bar, with no sound, or sound from another game, I don't enjoy the experience as much.  The announcers, good or bad, are just part of the experience

agree... more so the crowd noise, however.  Someday when I get a better setup I’m going to try that trick of turning off the sound channel that carries the announcers and leaving the crowd noise on.

On 12/17/2019 at 12:08 PM, Mr. K said:

Google with give you a ton of results. Just check the website to make sure its reputable.

http://google.com/search?q=buffalo+vs+everybody&rlz=1CAMWDF_enUS795US795&oq=buffalo&aqs=chrome.0.69i59l2j69i57j0j69i60l2j69i61j69i60.3217j1j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Graphic Designer in our family makes shirts for us occasionally. 

just ordered 2. and Xmas present for Baby girl 2 yrs lol

thanks for the linkie

24 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

agree... more so the crowd noise, however.  Someday when I get a better setup I’m going to try that trick of turning off the sound channel that carries the announcers and leaving the crowd noise on.

Since i did not have access to the game today i was planning on listening to the Radio. I have on a couple occasions and very much enjoyed it. Even better if you can get them to sync.
Biased but for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1