Is Brady playing for the Bills record?

Virgil

Does anyone else think that the record books are the key driving force for Brady?   Here’s where it comes from?

The year they went undefeated, they were clearly trying to beat records.  The last game of the season, they had the game in hand but still needed yards and a TD for Moss and Brady to break single season records.  They stayed in the game and were tossing bombs.   I think the game was against the Giants, which made the Super Bowl defeat that much better.

There’s a few other examples, that elude my memory, where they played for stats.  

Then, you hear the rumors of Brady setting himself up for post Pats life as soon as next year.  So, after he goes to 4 consecutive Superbowls, maybe 5 is the goal, he will leave the “no fun” team and play out his days in a place he wants to live, like Lebron.   

Ego has always played a part for Brady and the Hoodie in my opinion.   I think the Hoodie has plans for his son and is all about legacy.  

Stupid?  On to something?  I don’t know.  

Just thoughts. 

Brady is continuing to play because he still can. I disagree that he is going to leave the game on top after a super bowl championship, or by breaking consecutive superbowl appearance records. Brady will leave the game, when he realizes he can't play anymore. That he is hurting his team, and that he can't win any more. Once the game is no longer fun. So if the other 31 NFL teams want him to retire, they better step their game up, in trying to figure out ways to beat him.

Edited by wagon127
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Of course he is. Wouldn’t you? What more does he have to motivate him. I’ve been on this train since the AFC Championship last year. 

That’s why, imo, the stars are aligned for us to play them in the Playoffs. No one can stop them and it’s OUR Record.

Its either us or they set a new record.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

Brady is continuing to play because he still can. I disagree that he is going to leave the game on top after a super bowl championship, or by breaking consecutive superbowl appearance records. Brady will leave the game, when he realizes he can't play anymore. That he is hurting his team, and that he can't win any more. Once the game is no longer fun. So if the other 31 NFL teams want him to retire, they better step their game up, in trying to figure out ways to beat him.

will Brady just retire at half time of a game?

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

I agree with you.  But I think he would have left the Pats last season if he didn’t want the record.   I think that’s what the unholy trinity are on the same page.  There’s been rumors for a few years about discord with Brady. 

I believe he wants to keep playing, but think it could be elsewhere once he got the last record.  He wants to be GOAT without question 

10 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Does anyone else think that the record books are the key driving force for Brady?   Here’s where it comes from?

The year they went undefeated, they were clearly trying to beat records.  The last game of the season, they had the game in hand but still needed yards and a TD for Moss and Brady to break single season records.  They stayed in the game and were tossing bombs.   I think the game was against the Giants, which made the Super Bowl defeat that much better.

There’s a few other examples, that elude my memory, where they played for stats.  

Then, you hear the rumors of Brady setting himself up for post Pats life as soon as next year.  So, after he goes to 4 consecutive Superbowls, maybe 5 is the goal, he will leave the “no fun” team and play out his days in a place he wants to live, like Lebron.   

Ego has always played a part for Brady and the Hoodie in my opinion.   I think the Hoodie has plans for his son and is all about legacy.  

Stupid?  On to something?  I don’t know.  

Just thoughts. 

I think its safe to say Brady has never even though about consecutive SB appearances. We only think about it because we lost all of them. If they beat the Giants we wouldn't have cared if they lost the next three championship games, because we would have a Lombardi trophy already.

• Like (+1) 1

Brady is one of these fierce competitors you run into in pro sports.  He will have to be dragged out of the game when it's time to go.

I'm sure he is aware of stats, but I think he just wants to keep competing and winning.

The good news is he has NOTHING on his long passes anymore and that has been an evolving problem over the last year or so.

His time is coming to a close one way or the other, whatever his plans.

• Like (+1) 1

In my mind I was drinking with the 70's Dolphins Sunday night .. I thought for sure they were going 19-0 this season .. Thank you Ravens.

I still think they'll set the record for points in a game by scoring 74 at some point this season... Hopefully not against us.

Then Brady and the NFL will come back with the 19-0 season next year.

18 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Well he's not playing for an undefeated season anymore.  That's for sure.

Thanks Baltimore!

undefeated is not a goal of football teams, HFA is all they care about

sometimes it can't help but be tried to go undefeated

if teams wanted it they would have done it a dozen times since 1980

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

undefeated is not a goal of football teams, HFA is all they care about

sometimes it can't help but be tried to go undefeated

if teams wanted it they would have done it a dozen times since 1980

So then why did all the normal starters still play in 2007 after week 12 when they had HFA clinched?

To think they weren't gunning for it that year (or this year for that matter) is just wrong.  They want every record they can get on their way to a championship.

15 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

So then why did all the normal starters still play in 2007 after week 12 when they had HFA clinched?

To think they weren't gunning for it that year (or this year for that matter) is just wrong.  They want every record they can get on their way to a championship.

they went for it, they are entitled to if they wish, that was the last time a team will ever go for it

the Niners could have done it 3 times if they wanted to, it's not worth the risk and wasted effort

the Colts pulled Peyton and put Painter in to throw away a game to the Jets to kill the undefeated season, the Jets used this to get to the AFC Final....

NFL teams want the HFA and nothing more, they don't want to waste a drop of blood or sweat if it doesn't help HFA

i know you don't work this way on Playstation or Nintendo or whatever you play out a season...  :D

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Surpassing MJ's six rings may be on his mind for that egomaniac. 

i don't see it in him.

he is playing the game of humility and golly-gee-wiz perfectly in all interviews and games...

who remembers Jordan anyways?  it's like invoking Bob Cousy or George Mikan during the Bird/Magic Era.... 

• Haha (+1) 1

The fact that the record is there probably doesn't hurt his motivation, that's for sure.

Brady seems like a super, self-motivated guy so any huge record he can take down is something he probably uses to motivate himself.

It'll be sad to see someone else make 4 straight Super Bowls, especially since he's already won 2 of them...if they go to 4 straight and win 3 of them? It really takes the piss out of us holding up 4 straight losses :(

Just now, BigDingus said:

The fact that the record is there probably doesn't hurt his motivation, that's for sure.

Brady seems like a super, self-motivated guy so any huge record he can take down is something he probably uses to motivate himself.

It'll be sad to see someone else make 4 straight Super Bowls, especially since he's already won 2 of them...if they go to 4 straight and win 3 of them? It really takes the piss out of us holding up 4 straight losses :(

fair enough

he's not there yet....

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

fair enough

he's not there yet....

I really hope it doesn't happen, because there's no way he's getting back up to try 4 straight again. If we face them in the playoffs and knock them off, then get humiliated the following week, I'll still consider it a resounding success.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

I really hope it doesn't happen, because there's no way he's getting back up to try 4 straight again. If we face them in the playoffs and knock them off, then get humiliated the following week, I'll still consider it a resounding success.

i don't want Andy Reid to win a close game though, the whole world would be damaged losing this assuredness of his choking

maybe if the Chiefs beat them like a drum in the AFC title game....

even Pete Carroll can handle his team winning 35-0

11 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

If he's playing for a record it's probably to pass the Steelers SB record.

^This is the most reasonable^

He could also be trying to get past Brees for most yards and Manning for most TD's.

Fortunately Brees ain't gonna let him pass him in yards all time. He has to battle back in TD's from going down this year to injury. 

38 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Surpassing MJ's six rings may be on his mind for that egomaniac. 

chump change 

1013460.jpg   54373527d45b9.jpg

10  count them ... 

21 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

If he's playing for a record it's probably to pass the Steelers SB record.

that's been done already I thought.  

4 straight ties the record  if they make it this season

He wont last to try to get to another 4 in a row     if they don't make it this season

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Absolutely.

# rings is of course the first record, but you better believe he's playing for all the big passing records.  So, come on Drew Brees!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

will Brady just retire at half time of a game?

Oh Yeah, but not in one he is playing in. It will be with great ceremony after he retires and gets signed for a day just like other “heroes”

29 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i don't want Andy Reid to win a close game though, the whole world would be damaged losing this assuredness of his choking

maybe if the Chiefs beat them like a drum in the AFC title game....

even Pete Carroll can handle his team winning 35-0

?

Poor Any Reid... he's definitely a great coach, but for whatever reason can't win those playoff games.

8 minutes ago, nucci said:

Don't worry. No team will ever lose 4 Superbowls in a row again

We can all agree that's a record that'll never be broken...

If only those 2000's Eagles teams made the Super Bowl more often instead of just losing NFC Championship games, maybe they could've done it

6 minutes ago, iinii said:

Oh Yeah, but not in one he is playing in. It will be with great ceremony after he retires and gets signed for a day just like other “heroes”

then a beam of light will form and he'll rise to heaven

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 32ABBA said:

I think Brady has already trounced so many records, that the Bills 4 straight means so little (all losses) next to his accomplishments he couldn't care less. Only a Bills fan would even think of it.

St Louis Blues fans cherished those 3 in a row sweeping in the Stanley Cup Final, then won one...

the Blues were only there because the NHL dictated the Expansion 6 got a team in the SCF.... the biggest farce in sports history...

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

St Louis Blues fans cherished those 3 in a row sweeping in the Stanley Cup Final, then won one...

the Blues were only there because the NHL dictated the Expansion 6 got a team in the SCF.... the biggest farce in sports history...

So? Are you saying a team like the Canadiens gives a ***** about the Blues streak? 

Edited by 32ABBA

53 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i don't see it in him.

he is playing the game of humility and golly-gee-wiz perfectly in all interviews and games...

who remembers Jordan anyways?  it's like invoking Bob Cousy or George Mikan during the Bird/Magic Era.... 

I will tell you one thing, my son is a sophomore in High School, the kids still wear Jordan shirts/sneakers/shorts etc...…  That absolutely amazes me that kids today want to wear his stuff when they never even seen him play.  Brady can win as many super bowls as he possibly can, but there will never be another individual that has as strong of a brand as MJ.