Bills vs Eagles Pregame thread

YoloinOhio

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

With Brown and Foster going deep it will help clear out the short and middle parts of the field for Beasley and Williams, plus the TE & RBs, I like what I see here.

Go Bills!!!

Is it unusual for teams to only dress 7 Offensive lineman?  That seems very low.  My observation without looking up stats is most teams have 9 on the 53 man roster and dress 8 each week??   Seems they've done that other weeks too.  Appears they going light there to keep more DB and D lineman active.

3 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

In just the last hour I've seen the line at Bovada move from Eagles +2 to pick em. I'm one of those fans that sometimes likes to hedge a possible devastating Bills loss with a pay day by taking the other side. Would not mind at all having to pay for a Bills victory today.

And pay ? you shall  !!!  

10 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

In just the last hour I've seen the line at Bovada move from Eagles +2 to pick em. I'm one of those fans that sometimes likes to hedge a possible devastating Bills loss with a pay day by taking the other side. Would not mind at all having to pay for a Bills victory today.

Late money was on Eagles 

7 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Eagles inactives look good for us:

WR DeSean Jackson

CB Avonte Maddox

RB Darren Sproles (always kills us)

LB Nigel Bradham (get well XTC!!)

G Nate Herbig

T Jason Peters (hahahahahaha)

DT Tim Jernigan

That is a good list missing. You are right about Sproles. Jackson was not going to be a factor in this wind but without him they have no one that can get deep. 

Double the tight ends and man up on the outside WRs. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

So Foster gets the call today and MILANO IS PLAYING!!!!!

Wow, I wasn't expecting McKenzie out.  Glad to see Milano and The Duke will be in.  I would rather McKenzie today than Foster.  McKenzie has done well on sweeps and such which I would expect to be more valuable in this wind than Foster.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Maybe, but that’s not why he’s active today. Just trying to win a football game, that’s all that went into those decisions. 

Foster is good for the long ball, but you got 40mph winds today.  I'm not getting activating him over McKittrick on a day like today.

No mckenzie is a strange call since it's going to be a short pass grind it out game. 

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Wow, I wasn't expecting McKenzie out.  Glad to see Milano and The Duke will be in.  I would rather McKenzie today than Foster.  McKenzie has done well on sweeps and such which I would expect to be more valuable in this wind than Foster.

Just said this exactly. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

Foster is good for the long ball, but you got 40mph winds today.  I'm not getting activating him over McKittrick on a day like today.

Fosters a speed guy, so I don’t see much in McKenzies game that Foster couldn’t do. Last I checked wind speed from 1 -4  was 21-24 mph 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Fosters a speed guy, so I don’t see much in McKenzies game that Foster couldn’t do. Last I checked wind speed from 1 -4  was 21-24 mph 

SalPal said 30 knots = 34mph.  Sorry, my math was off.  Still pretty good winds.  If Foster can run the jet sweep, I'm on board, but full disclosure, I am a McKittrick fanboy.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Geary seems to believe that it’s because of Milanos injury for McKenzie being active.

Foster will take those special teams snaps.  McKenzie is only a returner on special teams.

Thank you, this makes more sense.

3 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

What's the McKittrick reference?

When Isaiah McKenzie joined the Bills, the thread heralding his arrival called him "Isaac McKittrick".  The War Games references rained down, the rest is history.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

SalPal said 30 knots = 34mph.  Sorry, my math was off.  Still pretty good winds.  If Foster can run the jet sweep, I'm on board, but full disclosure, I am a McKittrick fanboy.

Yeah, those wind forecasts have been changing all morning. Just going by the latest weather underground stuff ( OP specific) 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

it could be a still day and he would still ***** up a punt. I still haven't figured out why they kept the scrub.?

While they were actively looking the week before the opener, Bojo hasn’t been terrible enough to pursue it. I’d guess they have a few guys on standby if he really costs them. 

Seeing a lot of Eagles gear out there in warmups. 

• Thank you (+1) 1