Good Morning Football Discusses Bills: Are the Bills in the same category as the Pats and Chiefs?

mykidsdad

12 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

The biggest issue would be not winning the division. Until we are the best in the division it’s an uphill road

Having to go on the road to win 4 games is VERY tough and don’t think we are there yet on offense.

But if Allen got hot, no reason to think this team absolutely couldn’t be like the flacco led ravens. 

Agreed— though their road success so far has given me some hope. Playing much better on road than in prior years, though I guess Tennessee was barely a road game.

Flacco-led ravens is a good comparison. 

Bills need to start scoring more points, in particular in the next couple of games against teams they should beat easily, then will be taken seriously.

Think the two best teams in the league are both in the AFC, KC and NE, but after that less really good teams in AFC compared to no one great in NFC, but more real good teams

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

What’s the Delta here 

Miami and Washington.  Two of the 3 or 4 worst teams in the NFL. 

Tennessee (bad offense), Giants (pre Jones), Cincy.  

The Delta is how you handled the bad teams, obviously. 

3 hours ago, ngbills said:

The league is very muddled these days. Few teams at the top, few at the bottom and a ton in the middle. The teams in the middle can change really fast. Sometimes due to injuries and sometimes for no reason at all. 

Bottom is clearly - MIA, NYJ, WAS

Next Bottom - CIN, DEN, AZ

The Closer to Bottom than top - OAK, ATL, PIT, NYG, TEN, TB, CAR, IND, JAC

The Closer to Top than Bottom - HOU, MIN, BAL, SEA, CLE, LAC, BUF, DET, SF, GB, LAR, PHI, CHI, DAL, NO

The Top - NE, KC

Luckily for Bills this season we play 7 games against the bottom of the league. So we can split the remaining 9 games vs mid to better teams and still finish with 11-12 wins. This is the season that anyone could wind up in the AFC title game. Its a year to take advantage of. I do think we are below the Chiefs and Pats, but I when you have a good defense you can make anything happen. 

SF is definitely a top team. If not for some flukey TOs, they destroy PIT. They had 5 and still won. 

Their my "2nd" team. They would have been decent last year if not for a TON of critical injuries. Silver lining was they found out about Breida, and landed Bosa.

I said before the season that if they stay healthy, their floor is 10 wins. They look really strong and deep, and can beat any team in the league.

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Bills need to start scoring more points, in particular in the next couple of games against teams they should beat easily, then will be taken seriously.

Think the two best teams in the league are both in the AFC, KC and NE, but after that less really good teams in AFC compared to no one great in NFC, but more real good teams

I don’t know if I can put KC in at 2 anymore. They lost to the Colts at home, and they play defense like a big 12 team. 

11 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Tennessee (bad offense), Giants (pre Jones), Cincy.  

The Delta is how you handled the bad teams, obviously. 

Giants with or w/o Eli are a bad team. 

Jets w/o Eli Darnold a (still) a bad team. 

the Delta is Buffalo played slightly better offensive teams imo

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

I know damn well I'm not the only one who came here looking for a Kay Adams pic.  You're welcome.

Image result for Kay Adams hot

Frauds ...  they just cant get things right 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

The COLTS closer to the bottom? Did you even watch last night's game?

No way in hell. The Colts will be battling us for a playoff spot.

15 hours ago, mannc said:

Guess you missed SNF last night.  The Chiefs got exposed.  I’d love the Bills chances against them.

Not sure I would go that far. Not many teams are going 16-0 last I checked. So the Chiefs and the Pats are going to lose some games this year. I could move the Colts to the next tier - on the fence with them. 

4 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Not sure I would go that far. Not many teams are going 16-0 last I checked. So the Chiefs and the Pats are going to lose some games this year. I could move the Colts to the next tier - on the fence with them. 

Good answer! The Colts are a lot like the 49ers... great defense, strong running game, mid-deep passing game needs a lot of work.

In my opinion they can be.  The offense is moving the ball, but shooting themselves in the foot with untimely penalties and mistakes from Allen.  The defense is stingy, yet not making game breaking plays yet.  I think KC has peaked like every Andy Reid team.  Brady is not the same guy.  That oline is poor.  Buffalo can find a groove offensively the second half of the year and the defense can score some points, they can beat anyone.

Our record says what we are. Our defense is playing at an elite level. I would say yep, we belong. 

6 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

In my opinion they can be.  The offense is moving the ball, but shooting themselves in the foot with untimely penalties and mistakes from Allen.  The defense is stingy, yet not making game breaking plays yet.  I think KC has peaked like every Andy Reid team.  Brady is not the same guy.  That oline is poor.  Buffalo can find a groove offensively the second half of the year and the defense can score some points, they can beat anyone.

Big plays will come- alot of times they come in spurts.

2019 team starting to remind me of the 1988 squad: stout defense, winning low scoring games early, gunslinger QB, exciting rookie RB (although we haven't seen too much of DS), 4-1 after five, coach now coming into his own...the schedule is certainly favorable...maybe not a 12-4 team, but could be 11-5.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/1988/gamelog/

The difference IMO is we are getting better each week. Granted we gave the Pats that game I honestly believe if this team stays healthy and humble they can beat anyone. And we are finishing games, which was our Achilles heal for so many years. A play maker before the trade deadline would be huge. Either a WR or RB. We need to be multiple. 

19 hours ago, mykidsdad said:

The conversation gets interesting around 1:05. I think we have a lot to prove still, but I like where we are. (Personally, the Texans are probably better than us right now, but it isn't crazy to think the Bills are 3 in the AFC.) Wow.

I think the Texans are clearly a better offense, but overall as a team, Bills are built to win in the playoffs and I think a better overall team.  Weather is worse, and defense is vastly more important than the regular season.  

If Allen can be careful with the ball, we will be a very tough team to beat come playoff time, even for these potent offenses.  The absolute key is to avoid giving those offenses more chances to wear our defense down, so we cant turn the ball over 3+ times against them.  

The biggest thing we are missing as a team (besides obviously not losing the game on special teams or Allen just throwing balls he shouldn't for no reason) is a consistent run game.

if we can change up our backs and show the same looks and make plays, and pull the D up rather than have them back deep taking away the chunk plays we want, it will all change.  

we showed some great running to end the game on Sunday, but our OL is much better at running at any point, and we just don't do it that often.  when motor is back, i wanna see daboll run the ball well and keep the opposing d off balance

Perhaps not SB contenders at this moment! 

However, the Colts just gave the world a blueprint on how to beat a high powered offense like the Chiefs. Offensive guard Quenton Nelson gave a clinic on how to run block and RB Marlon Mack took full advantage of it.  The Colts by controlling the clock with the run game held the ball for 37:15 vs 22:45. 

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think the Texans are clearly a better offense, but overall as a team, Bills are built to win in the playoffs and I think a better overall team.  Weather is worse, and defense is vastly more important than the regular season.  

If Allen can be careful with the ball, we will be a very tough team to beat come playoff time, even for these potent offenses.  The absolute key is to avoid giving those offenses more chances to wear our defense down, so we cant turn the ball over 3+ times against them.  

weather wont be a factor in whatever team wins the south, assuming its IND or HOU, so we need to hope we get paired with the north champ if we have to settle for the wildcard.... although I think the bills are capable of beating anyone in the AFC at this point. but if its gotta be the wildcard i'd much rather have to travel to see afc north team outdoors.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

The Bills have had a lot of luck on their side to be 4-1 right now. They needed 4th quarter comebacks to beat 2 winless teams (Jets & Bengals), and needed 4 missed FGs and 2 called back TDs to beat the Titans. The reason they don't get put in the same category as the Pats and Chiefs is that even though they have the same wins, they aren't beating teams convincingly. The Pats and Chiefs and other teams are beating the bad teams like they should, and doing it by a bunch of points.

Jets team we played in week 1 is not the same team that has playee the last 3 with a 3rd string QB and missing key defenders. You can say it took a blocked punt returned for a TD for the Pats to beat the Bills