Bills Mafia > Titans fans

Herc11

3 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

My favorite part is how they use the titans' poor seasons as an excuse for people not wanting to go....

Uh, is there another fan base who has had to sit through more irrelevance than the bills?  Browns?

Titans have had 3 straight winning seasons and a playoff appearance, I believe.

In our section... it was all Bills fans and about 5 Titan fans.   Bills mafia definitely took over Nashville!  It was truly unbelievable how many Bills fans were there.  So much fun!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

I've met quite a few fellow Bills fans down here in TN. We may be small market, but our fanbase is quite larger than a lot of people realize

Many economically displaced people all over the country. They may physically leave but they still are fans. I last lived in WNY in 1988 but make it back almost every year for a game and usually make a road game as well. 

Rams, Chargers, Cardinals, Chiefs, Bears, Vikings, Raiders, Packers, Broncos, Seahawks in the last several years. Steelers, Colts, Lions, Bengals, Browns in the past. 

7 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Bills fans in Tennessee......give yourselves a pat on the back!

https://www.titansreport.com/topic/37080-home-field-advantage/

Gotta love this quote:

62mhepho3uq31.jpg

For the real Titans fans here, reclaim your city. I for one did not stop in this bar tonight and made a mental note of the other one flying the Bills flag to never go into that one, either.

Fight for your team, it starts on your turf, in your city. If you can clean this filth for the Preds, you can do it for the Titans.

***** the Bills and all who support them. Including you, bar owners on Broadway!

10 hours ago, The Dean said:

Is there anything that people won't inject their politics into? WTF?

Anyway, great show by the Bills fans. For those there, how was the tailgate situation?

Embarrassing. For them. Yeah, there was some rain but there were multiple lots (not parking spots, PARKING LOTS) that we’re empty. 

Also, You literally could not see a titans jersey/hat/etc unless you were really searching for it. 

Bills fans. Beer. Home game. 

8 hours ago, The Dean said:

I read 25,000. But that just seems crazy.

I was there. That seems low. 

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

The property taxes on my $100,000+ home are $700 in SC.

Western NY is still a beautiful place though.

My house in Lancaster was appraised 2 years ago for $274M.   I pay $8 grand in taxes per year.  Already told my wife when my daughter is a senior in High School, if she still wants to live in WNY I am downsizing & buying a townhouse.  Either that or I am moving down south.  The taxes up here are ridiculous.  

Sal Cappocio on the pregame said he has been doing this for a while now & never saw so many Bills fan invade a town like this before.  Said it was even more than Jacksonville.  He estimated there will be 30-35K Bills fans in attendance for the game.  Well done!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, stevestojan said:

Embarrassing. For them. Yeah, there was some rain but there were multiple lots (not parking spots, PARKING LOTS) that we’re empty. 

Also, You literally could not see a titans jersey/hat/etc unless you were really searching for it. 

Bills fans. Beer. Home game. 

I was there. That seems low. 

Awesome!

12 hours ago, The Dean said:

I read 25,000. But that just seems crazy.

That’s legit a low end estimate. I heard 37,000 most recently and even that may be selling it short. That’s stadium was 50/50 at worst

16 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Here's a question for fans who went to Nashville. How did you like the tailgating in a downtown setting? That could be the Bills future.

It worked for us, especially with the rain. We went to Honky Tonk Central on Broadway and had some drinks. They had a band. The Shout song was played a bunch and then we strolled over to the stadium. It was nice.

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

I've met quite a few fellow Bills fans down here in TN. We may be small market, but our fanbase is quite larger than a lot of people realize

the thing is that so many WNYers have left the area due to jobs etc and remained fans we are literally everywhere....its awesome how many have kept ties to Buffalo and live nowhere near the city any longer..and some whom have never ever lived in Buffalo OR been to a home game and their fandom is still there.  Best fanbase in the NFL.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Was at the game yesterday and ran into a co-worker who is a Titan’s fan. Saw him this morning and he said the number of Bills fans was crazy. Felt like he was at a Bills home game. Said that in his section he was completely surrounded by Bills fans. He wasn’t impressed by the Titans support given that it was a big game for them.

3 minutes ago, Margarita said:

the thing is that so many WNYers have left the area due to jobs etc and remained fans we are literally everywhere....its awesome how many have kept ties to Buffalo and live nowhere near the city any longer..and some whom have never ever lived in Buffalo OR been to a home game and their fandom is still there.  Best fanbase in the NFL.

Well I’m originally from TN, but moved to a small town south of Syracuse. Didn’t work out there, so I moved back. Cost of living was a huge part of the reason. I followed the Bills before the move and even after. Every Sunday when the Titans lose is a great day, even greater it was the Bills handing them their loss

• Like (+1) 1

It is interesting from a Titans' fan perspective reading those threads there.  They are bickering with one another about the reasons, but I don't know if any of them are correct.

The team is bad?  1 or 2 bounces or calls yesterday and they are tied for 1st in their Division and also tied for both wild card spots with 4 winnable games coming up.  

With us, and many teams in the Northeast, being a fan is kind of an identity and a source of pride.  We feel like we have notoriety and can effect games.  It also helps whip us into a frenzy with how McDermott and the players always seem to acknowledge us.  

This does not exist at all in a lot of/most of the 'warm' markets.

The Predators seem to have built that a bit there, although they are consistently in the Stanley Cup conversation through this stretch.  

Do they have trouble selling tickets without opposing fans?  Or is it a Sabres' type situation where people own the tickets and see an opportunity to sell them above value to travelling fans?