Bills (1-0) at Jets (0-1) Postgame thread

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

So would the Bills still have won if CJ Mosely didn't get injured?  Interested to hear some opinions on this.

my question is why ask? are you looking for a way to unjustify the win? 

injuries happen, teams make adjustments, other players need to step up. seems they couldn't step up, that and the fact the bills did make the adjustments and plays and won the game.

let me ask you, had those 4 turnovers not happened would you still believe the bills could win? or do you believe CJ Mosely was the sole player preventing the bills from winning the game?

99% chance you lose the game with 4 turnovers, especially on the road. I'd say not only JA but the team as a whole showed some real character out there today to be able to overcome that and comeback to win the game.

on to the giants...

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Allen got away with a couple but also got very unlucky bounces on the ints 

I would say it evened out

Agreed.  I think Josh Allen has a Favre gene that will probably never be coached out of him.  I like Allen a lot and I don't say that be critical, just that we're all going to have to live with the occasional head-scratcher.  I don't think either of his actual credited interceptions were his fault, and both fumbles were weird flukes.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Honestly?  Allen makes me want to watch next week.  I just love watching the kid - can’t wait to see what he does next.  Been a long time since I’ve felt that way and yes, it’s that simple - it’s kind of all that matters when it comes to entertainment like football.

Yep. He’s fearless. Players love him and should. He doesn’t panic (excluding hero balls). I said elsewhere when it was 2nd and 17 I was thinking no problem. He’s got two plays. We were done the last 20 years with second and 17

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Good teams win a few games that they are not supposed to win.  We shouldn't have won this game when we were down 16-0.  But we kept at it, continued to battle, got a few breaks (when the Jets got them all in the first half), and pulled it out.  This win gives me a lot of hope for this season and the core group as a whole.

I'm glad you included this point because it was RIDICULOUS how the Jets got every bounce.  And still they were only up 6-0 at halftime.  If you step back and look at the stats and flow of this game without seeing the turnover figure you'd have thought the Bills won by 10+.  They outplayed the Jets and overcame a good bit of misfortune to pull out the win.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

He is way better than Gore and clearly needs to be the number 1- it isn’t even close.

Yeah, Gore would be better late in a game when the other team's D is tired. That's how I thought they'd use him. They were probably playing it safe by giving the veteran the start and trying to ease the rookie in. 

I guess we can consider him eased in now

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Schopp is probably jerking it in studio while watching Jackson throw practice balls against the Dolphins. 

He's just a depressed man. I lived in Buffalo when he first started, and to check in and listen every year for the past decade plus, it get so much worse year over year and is so obvious that he hates everything right now. He's barely completing sentences today. This is not good radio. Maybe if this was some subversive comedy Tim Heidecker sketch or something it would be interesting, but this just sounds like a truly sad man who hates his life. They need to take him off the air.

23 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I can do you one better- I hyped up watching this game with my 8 month old daughter for several weeks - her first game. She was in the room, but I was watching on my laptop and she was playing with other people throughout the game. I popped her on my lap right before the drive where we scored our first TD....

Tell me about it... Some OL stuff, as expected, and some ticky tack stuff, but nothing gutting... Seeing that 4th and 10 flag not be against us was the biggest shock of the game to me... 

Yeah - my 17 yr old daughter was working on homework until the middle of the 3rd quarter.  She came down and things turned around.

The best part was she was out at the fridge getting a snack when the first TD was scored and spent the rest of the game out in the kitchen standing looking at the fridge.  She didn’t dare even peak around at the TV.  

What a trooper!  We kept her up to speed, but she refused to move.

?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

my question is why ask? are you looking for a way to unjustify the win? 

injuries happen, teams make adjustments, other players need to step up. seems they couldn't step, that and the fact the bills did make the adjustments and plays and won the game.

let me ask you, had those 4 turnovers not happened would you still believe the bills could win? or do you believe CJ Mosely was the sole player preventing the bills from winning the game?

99% chance you lose the game with 4 turnovers, especially on the road. I'd say not only JA but the team as a whole showed some real character out there today to be able to overcome that and comeback to win the game.

on to the giants...

I ask because you can't count on the opposing teams' best player(s) to be injured in order to win.

Mosely scored a TD in the first quarter off an interception and was all over the field in the first quarter.  Mosely was a force; not having him hurt the Jets in the second half.

They did show a lot of poise and resilience to overcome a terrible first half and win.  No way will I take away the importance of winning an opening day game against a division rival on the road.

I expect a victory against the Giants next week.

• Like (+1) 1