AB asks Raiders to release him on Instagram (update: Raiders oblige and release him)

Reed83HOF

46 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I posed this question in the shoutbox yesterday afternoon:  Would you be okay with the Bills signing AB to a one-year "prove it," deal - similar to what we did with TO?

No

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

...smart move......deserves (COUGH) a "pay as you go contract" if anything......Overdorf did that with Richie when he returned......he was paid on a "per game basis"......screw up and he gets cut with no cap implications......if he stayed upright for the entire season (which he did), there were back end incentives which he earned......damn good idea....

6 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Problem is seems like in 90% of the time the player win's  Yes the arbitrator maybe rule in the players favor, but then Brown sues and courts don't seem to rule too often in the favor of the leagues or teams.  Too much of what is in sports leagues is legally not valid it seems.

I believe you for sure but this seems like a 10% one.  He’s not only causing problems in house, he’s doing it in public.  I hope that would be enough evidence...it would really say something if this wasn’t considered detrimental to the team.

Just now, dma0034 said:

What's funny is Buffalo would have gave him guaranteed money too.

And the same standard contract that he would have voided. I don't think they would have given him anywhere close to that amount guaranteed either but that's just a guess. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dma0034 said:

What's funny is Buffalo would have gave him guaranteed money too.

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...smart move......deserves (COUGH) a "pay as you go contract" if anything......Overdorf did that with Richie when he returned......he was paid on a "per game basis"......screw up and he gets cut with no cap implications......if he stayed upright for the entire season (which he did), there were back end incentives which he earned......damn good idea....

Why did Brown deserve a $30 million fine for missing practice? 

Its his his fault for not getting it cleared, but that fine is basically saying you don’t respect or value him. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DRA3196 said:

This made me choke on my coffee. Don't you think the Steelers were looking to trade him for more than they finally accepted from the Raiders? Why didn't Pittsburg get more in compensation? No one wants a headache this big. Except maybe Andy Reid. who did sign T.O. But your talking about a player that is throwing his entire team and organization under the bus....2 days BEFORE the beginning of the season. A lot more teams will let him float on the waiver wire than line up to acquire his services.

Apples and oranges there, Steelers had his rights, had to trade him for the best package available and of course the trading team had to sign him long term and fork over the cash. Lot of working pieces. 

Now if the raiders cut him, he’s a street free agent who could possibly be had for a league minimum deal on a one year rental. Almost every team in the league would take a flier on possibly the best receiver in the league despite the drama. They can cut him at any point for zero penalties. 

Just now, Rc2catch said:

Apples and oranges there, Steelers had his rights, had to trade him for the best package available and of course the trading team had to sign him long term and fork over the cash. Lot of working pieces. 

Now if the raiders cut him, he’s a street free agent who could possibly be had for a league minimum deal on a one year rental. Almost every team in the league would take a flier on possibly the best receiver in the league despite the drama. They can cut him at any point for zero penalties. 

Does AB even sign for that though? Or would he prefer to just sit at home. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

Its his his fault for not getting it cleared, but that fine is basically saying you don’t respect or value him. 

...SERIOUSLY?......respect?....sure as hell hope this is a twisted joke/sarcasm........

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Chemical said:

it's not $30M fine

Brown signed a contract.  The contract had a clause that Brown is in violation of.  The clause states if Brown violates the clause he loses the guaranteed money

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

Because that's what his contract says. Based on the wording his guarantee is automatically voided. Wonder what his agent was thinking. Just hoping for the best?

Raiders are probably hoping he doesn't show Monday. That would seal the (non) deal. 

36 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just because a narrative was put out there doesn’t mean it’s true... 

Wawrow has never backed down from criticizing the Bills when warranted...pretty sure he knows what really happened

If Ab wanted to come to Buffalo, he would be a Bill.  AB got wind, trashed the Bills, and then they deal blew up.  Really not that hard to understand.  

I never wanted (someone find the thread please) and knew it would be exactly like this.  So I’m completely fine with it. But we wanted him.  

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

If Ab wanted to come to Buffalo, he would be a Bill.  AB got wind, trashed the Bills, and then they deal blew up.  Really not that hard to understand.  

I never wanted (someone find the thread please) and knew it would be exactly like this.  So I’m completely fine with it. But we wanted him.  

Yes because AB would never go out of his way to spin something in his favor after feeling slighted.?

23 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I hope he’s trolling at this point.

He's not.  Gotta be AB's mother or brother or something.  Or on his screen name.

21 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because Antonio Brown completely laughed the idea of coming to Buffalo.  It’s amazing how delusional some of you are.  If AB agreed to come here, he’d be here.  They would have made the contract work.  

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If you believe what AB says, that's all that needs to be said about you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Thank god we have someone here that knows it all. 

And PUH-lease. Plenty of us didn’t want AB because he might be a headache but I’m laughing at anyone saying the KNEW he was gonna go completely postal. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, WorstTEever81 said:

Do we all have free reign to call people idiots on this board? And if we do, can we personally attack others at our own discretion? 

Im asking for a friend...

No, Private. It’s a Senior NCO club, reserved for Staff Sergeants and above. 

Now hit hit the deck and give me 50!

• Haha (+1) 2