Practice Squad Signings Thread

1 minute ago, from_dunkirk said:

Many players from the PS are actually promoted to the 53-man roster due to the inevitable injuries. 

Would be surprised if Yarborough, Williams, and Lewis don't find theselves on the 53 man unit sometime this fall at a minimum.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Doc said:

The 10th versus 11th spot on the PS doesn't excite me much.  How many guys off the PS make the team anyway?

1-10 can be poached by other teams.  111th can’t.

also..I have seen others say this..

you cant pluck a PS player off of your next opponents PS.  

The Wade thing was going to turn out this way no matter what. It's a free extra roster spot for a guy with a lot of ability who is not ready to play in the NFL yet. It makes no sense to not take advantage of that extra slot. I feel like no matter what he did in pre-season, this was the likely outcome.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Belichick's charm:  "Sign with us and the odds say you'll have a super bowl ring within a couple years."

49 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Belichick is working his charm on Easley and Sills as we speak...

Related image

Belichick's charm:  "Sign with us and the odds are you'll have a Super Bowl ring within a couple years."

5 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Bummer. I like him

I thought he'd stick given his importance as a special teams guy, played every special teams snap last season. But he's a major liability in coverage when he has to play LB. Minnesota made easy pickings of him a bunch of times the other night. They also seem invested in Vosean Joseph and Tyrel Dodson. 

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The Wade thing was going to turn out this way no matter what. It's a free extra roster spot for a guy with a lot of ability who is not ready to play in the NFL yet. It makes no sense to not take advantage of that extra slot. I feel like no matter what he did in pre-season, this was the likely outcome.  

It was definitely the most likely outcome but he definitely showed some potential to be excited for next year.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Practice Squad so far...

O:

WR Duke Williams

TE Nate Becker

RB Christian Wade

OT Erik Magnuson

?

LB Nate Hall (from Dallas)

CB Cam Lewis

DE Eddie Yarbrough

DT Kyle Peko

Prefer the defensive group to the offensive one. Becker and Magnuson are very easily upgradeable. 

• Like (+1) 1