Practice Squad Signings Thread

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

He’s set to earn over $125000 USD or close to £100000 in British coinage.  

Dont feel sorry. 

He would have earned 3 to 4 times that much if he'd stayed in Rugby. Even more if he had gone to the French Top 14 League, where they have no salary cap.

I'm surprised he agreed to sign as the 11th exempt player, meaning he gets no game time at all this season, but he's obviously made a career choice, and a big commitment to the Bills. Just hope it all pays off this time next year.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, bargepole said:

He would have earned 3 to 4 times that much if he'd stayed in Rugby. Even more if he had gone to the French Top 14 League, where they have no salary cap.

I'm surprised he agreed to sign as the 11th exempt player, meaning he gets no game time at all this season, but he's obviously made a career choice, and a big commitment to the Bills. Just hope it all pays off this time next year.

Wade said it's his personal goal to make it to the NFL. Right now that means more to him than money.

40 minutes ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Saw Tyron Johnson play a lot in high school here in New Orleans. 5 star recruit, went to LSU, but transferred out after one season.

So say more - what was he like as a player then?

Here's some highlight clips:

and previous year, where he was behind Washington:

Judging by what I see here, I would say he fits one pattern that Beane seems to look for in a player, a physically talented guy who may be flying "under the radar" a bit due to the program he was in, the personnel ahead of him, or both.

35 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Judging by what I see here, I would say he fits one pattern that Beane seems to look for in a player, a physically talented guy who may be flying "under the radar" a bit due to the program he was in, the personnel ahead of him, or both.

...LMAO!....McBeane laboring on Labor Day...Buddy started hibernating in November when our season was over, got up a 9 on Draft Day and was back in bed by Monday until next year.....for all of his purported faults, Whaley was always searching for personnel......Buddy endorsed Sominex............

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He looks average to be honest, but at least he has some height to him, to go along with his straight-line 4.3 speed. 

Edited by BurpleBull

Thanks to everyone posting here.   It's interesting information.

I gotta say, even after reading a variety of posts here, I'm losing interest in paying attention to the PS, etc.   I'm losing interest because I have great confidence at this point in Beane.  He and McDermott have a reason for everything they do, it's a carefully considered reason, and it seems to be proven right over time most of the time.  They know what they want, and they have the courage to make the moves they need to make.  Jaquon Johnson, Singletary/McCoy, McKenzie, Ryan Bates, Tyron Johnson.   McBeane see things that most of us don't, and they find performance where we tend think guys are busts.   

All the while, the talent keeps getting better and better.   Look at Duke Williams.  I really want him to make it.   I love the idea of how he plays.  Well, he signs with the Bills, thinking he's got a shot, and all of a sudden Brown and Beasley show up.  So he signs with the practice squad, thinking his opportunity on the 53 is around the corner, and Tyron Johnson shows up.   It's compete, compete, compete or you're gone.  

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Wade said it's his personal goal to make it to the NFL. Right now that means more to him than money.

Sounds like he has a few nickels stashed away, good for him!

Go Bills!!!

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

One thing you cant teach is speed.  Pretty good production for an undrafted guy aswell.  What Buffalo is looking to do on offense, I think having a guy on PS behind Foster, and Brown is important.  When you have a Qb with the arm of Allen you have to keep a guy on the field that stretches the coverage.