Practice Squad Signings Thread

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It was definitely the most likely outcome but he definitely showed some potential to be excited for next year.

If he signs with the Bills. All PS members become free agents the next year (and are on a week-to-week contract during their season on the PS). Let's hope the he develops and the Bills wow him enough then.

Edited by from_dunkirk

2 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

We won't see any Wade this year 

2 hours ago, DCofNC said:

We never were going to.

Exactly.  It was pure folly to expect this guy to make a 53 at this point.  The Bills get the chance to develop him this year and see what he's got.

52 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Because he's a UDFA and still on the team while under investigation for DV.  If they weren't invested he'd be gone a long time ago.

Hmm, maybe. I mean, he was good enough to stick on the 90 man roster. But then again, so was Keith Towbridge.

Dodson is not part of the 53-man roster or the practice squad and cannot participate in games, practice, workouts, meetings, etc. 

Not sure how that qualifies as "still on the team".

When he's released from exempt status and the Bills sign him to the team or practice squad, then I'll believe they're invested in him. Until then, I don't see much evidence.

6 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Hmm, maybe. I mean, he was good enough to stick on the 90 man roster. But then again, so was Keith Towbridge.

Dodson is not part of the 53-man roster or the practice squad and cannot participate in games, practice, workouts, meetings, etc. 

When he's released from exempt status and the Bills sign him to the team or practice squad, then I'll believe they're invested in him. Until then, I don't see much evidence.

"Still on the team" in that they didn't release him in June.  He's still on the team in that the's still getting paid, by the team, while he's on the Commissioner's Naughty List.  If they weren't interested in the player they'd have cut bait. They aren't required to keep him on that exempt list now.  They could have released him yesterday if they weren't interested in keeping him around.

They kept a player that they didn't have to, they invested time and energy in him in camp and they gave him a lot of reps and then they kept him and are paying him even though they weren't required to and now they are willing to wait an undetermined amount of time with the player doing nothing in order to keep his rights. This doesn't feel that complex.

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I think it’s pretty obvious.  If they weren’t invested in him, they would have cut him.  When they cut him, then it’s proof that they aren’t invested in him.  

1 hour ago, eball said:

Exactly.  It was pure folly to expect this guy to make a 53 at this point.  The Bills get the chance to develop him this year and see what he's got.

I liked the idea of keeping him on the regular 10 practice squad instead of the exempt. Could have used him on gadget plays later in year if we have some injuries 

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Draft profile

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/davis-webb?id=2557897

Cut by Jets, was he?  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

Better prospect than Tyree. An interesting player. I saw him have a couple great games in college, has a great arm. Big like Josh. Not sure what he has looked like since turning pro, but was a third round pick.

• Like (+1) 2