Lesean McCoy cut!

15 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

This is what I don't understand.  How was this about money if there is no issue with our cap space.  

Maybe it was more about roster spot.

We can only have 53 you know.

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Eat crow for those that laughed at me ;)

Good call. It is kind of a shock that Shady is gone, but there comes a time to move on...the best players in the here and now have to start. There has also been alot of talk about performance vs salary...it is just time to move on!

7 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

With Clay & MCCoy gone this is like the final remnants from the Rex Ryan era gone.  

It really is fully McDermott's & Beane's show.  All praise and or blame is on them this and possibly next year  

No, once we get that scumbag Reid Ferguson out of here...?

jk.

did Shaq make the team?  That would leave 3 including Lorax.

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I drafted Shady on Wed :(

Why? What facts and objective information made you do that?

I too had hope that he could have a rebound year, but it seems like a bad move unless it was in a late round, a big risk.

Edited by Mister Defense

33 minutes ago, nucci said:

it's the last year of his deal. How does this get us it to cap "hell"?

Having multiple, overpaid under performing aging players will do that.. 

See Dareus, Super Mario, etc. It adds up after awhile. 

Beane is being progressive by getting rid of Shady now rather than taking the hit. 

42 minutes ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

What in the world .... McBeane is savage... 

Man i really liked shady... Guess we are following New England's model which is cutthroat.

Belichek has done this for years with cutting players that hit their peak and right before they start declining. While I’ll miss seeing Shady on the team and was hoping he’d rebound this year with a better O-line, I also realize the Bills have a lot of good RBs and someone was going to be released.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

Good call. It is kind of a shock that Shady is gone, but there comes a time to move on...the best players in the here and now have to start. There has also been alot of talk about performance vs salary...it is just time to move on!

You don't think Shady was the best RB? Out of who is left, I don't think any of them can both run and catch as well as he can. I think he was still the top guy, they just got cheap. This is why contracts mean nothing and holdouts are the new norm. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I drafted Shady on Wed :(

Lol me too.  Sigh.  On the bright side, he might have more value with another team.

this move is puzzling to me.  Love me some McBeane but if we keep Yeldon and cut shady, confusion will ensue