Lesean McCoy cut!

22 hours ago, KayAdams said:

I suppose. But you can say the same for many others in the Hall of Fame. Curtis Martin, for example. If McCoy accumulates a bit more playoff experience to go with his numbers, he'll make it in. He's never going to be considered among the 10 or so greatest RB's to ever play the game, but he'll be considered with the next tier. He'll need to have 2-3 more reasonably productive seasons, however, to get inducted into the Hall. What's your opinion of Lynch's chances, by the way? Your "writing the history of the game" standard suggests Lynch should make it for his 4 elite seasons with Seattle.

I think Shady’s HOF chances come down to this: get to 12k and he’s in, less than that, he’s out. 

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

I think Shady’s HOF chances come down to this: get to 12k and he’s in, less than that, he’s out. 

Which is a big driving force for him, as anyone knows who follows him on social media, and why he would not have accepted his new role here

Edited by YoloinOhio

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:
Which is a big driving force for him, as anyone knows who follows him on social media, and why he would not have accepted his new role here

Great point. And now that you mentioned it, I’m not sure he’s gonna have an expanded role in KC, either. But I’m rooting for him. 

On 9/1/2019 at 3:51 PM, Rico said:

I would put Curtis Martin in the Hall Of Very Good.

Yup, put his head down and ran into the pile, stayed healthy and aggregated megayards

Not a thing was remarkable or hi-lite real worthy of his entire career

Edited by row_33

If Gore sticks the entire season, and he plays all 16 games, and he averages 33 ypg, he will pass Barry Sanders as third all-time NFL rushing. (And, for context, he averaged over 52 ypg last season with the fish.) The chances of that happening went way up with Shady's departure.

8 hours ago, vincec said:

People keep beating up the OL, and it was bad without question. But the offensive system has a lot to do with it. Greg Roman's system was very effective in the running game. Remember that they had Mills and Miller starting on the right side of that line and still had the best running game in the league for 2 years. It wasn't all Shady either. Backs like Karlos Williams, Mike Gillislee and even Jonathan Williams were outstanding during their time in Buffalo.

Completely agree. Castillo's scheme WRT to the run game was a complete clusterF. The talent matters, but there was also never any cohesion with the OL/play design. Rob Johnson can't possibly be worse; shouldn't say that.