Lesean McCoy cut!

Lots of reasons (including informed speculation) that can support/explain this move. Just based on what our backs brought to the table as a committee I felt pretty confident that our run game would be diversified and effective. I think it will be less effective now and I feel that it has taken a significant step back. A strong running game is important to Allen's development.  Maybe McCoy's background as the feature back made the committee approach impossible. I think he can still play and look forward to seeing how he makes out this year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Is that true? The reports are that they didn’t even try to lower his number so they could keep him around. 

He probably wasn't interested. He can play for someone else for a lower salary in a week or so . . . someone who didn't require him to take a pay cut to be on the team.

18 minutes ago, XABI64 said:

Gore is going to be injured by week 3 and we will be completely *****. Allen will have to throw the ball 40 times per game and we will end up with 4-6 wins this season 

:lol:  That's the spirit! Whine like a 9-year-old about a move you're unable to understand, and then create a new scenario so you have something else to whine about.

Yeesh, man, get yourself some breakfast and a nap.

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

This is surprising not so much from a football standpoint but from a PR standpoint. I'm not sure how players/agents will be able to trust Beane going forward. He was pretty emphatic in his guarantees that Shady would be here.

I guess Shady and Gore really were in a competition for the job.

Meh.  Publicly.  We don't know what was said privately.

But the public statements gave everyone including the fans the impression he was still a viable RB and that helps his value on the open market now.  

Not sure this makes the FO looks bad at all.  But I do question why we need Yeldon.  

14 minutes ago, XABI64 said:

we will start the season 1-6 and frank gore will retire 

then Beane/Mcdermott look like the biggest clowns in the NFL 

More super crazy talk here...

The Bills will go 1-6 because they cut a back who averaged 3.2 yards a carry last year!  That will cause the bottom to fall out and they will be one of the worst teams in the NFL now.

Super nuts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 8/24/2019 at 9:05 AM, Steptide said:

I found it a little interesting that Singletary didn't play much last night. Can't imagine he's going anywhere. I'm 99% sure shady won't be here in a week. 

Eat crow for those that laughed at me ;)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

I think he can still play and look forward to seeing how he makes out this year.

Same here.    And I expect Shady to be really, really motivated, like he was when he fist came here...

• Like (+1) 1