Jump to content
Zaso Art Designs

Lesean McCoy cut!

Recommended Posts

He looked like his old self last night. He had some great runs, 2 of them came back because of penalties but not his fault. I still think he is the best running back on the team. Embrace the moments between him and Gore because we got 2 Hall of Fame running backs in the same backfield and that never happens.

  • Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He looked really fast. Reminded me of that one good game he had last year vs the Jets. 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, he looked good.  An improvement over last season's play.  BUT, I couldn't shake the feeling that the BILLS may be "showcasing" him for a trade?

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mark me down as unconvinced. Last night the Bills were obviously focusing on the running game but with the exception of a couple plays the holes really weren’t there...especially up the middle. We may have two accomplished backs but geez the O Line could really use a Center!

  • Confused 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Mark me down as unconvinced. Last night the Bills were obviously focusing on the running game but with the exception of a couple plays the holes really weren’t there...especially up the middle. We may have two accomplished backs but geez the O Line could really use a Center!

Reportedly, Morse will be ready week 1. Whether he gets enough practice time before that to hit the ground running (pun intended) remains to be seen, but they are being extra cautious with him due to his history. He’s been at practice all along, not sitting in a dark room somewhere 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Reportedly, Morse will be ready week 1. Whether he gets enough practice time before that to hit the ground running (pun intended) remains to be seen, but they are being extra cautious with him due to his history. He’s been at practice all along, not sitting in a dark room somewhere 

We better hope so. The line hasn’t had any push at all up the middle...and they’re going to need it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He looked like a Pro Bowl caliber of RB. I have egg on my face for saying he should be traded, there is no way you trade him at this point. I was completely wrong.

  • Like (+1) 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I am usually very critical of him but I must admit he did look very fresh looking forward to a good year we're going to need him for sure. Go Bills

Edited by ALLEN1QB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sunshower said:

He looked like a Pro Bowl caliber of RB. I have egg on my face for saying he should be traded, there is no way you trade him at this point. I was completely wrong.

 

LOL

 

Anyway, Gore looked at least as good.  Guess he'll be in the Pro Bowl too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

LOL

 

Anyway, Gore looked at least as good.  Guess he'll be in the Pro Bowl too?

I don’t understand what’s so funny, Shady looked like himself. Gore looked great too, as did Singletary. It’s a good situation to be in because there is no way Allen carries this team on his arm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

I don’t understand what’s so funny, Shady looked like himself. Gore looked great too, as did Singletary. It’s a good situation to be in because there is no way Allen carries this team on his arm.

 

We shall see.  If they are going to use McCoy for 6 runs a game--maybe you're right.  Given a giant hole--he can still run through it.....

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found it a little interesting that Singletary didn't play much last night. Can't imagine he's going anywhere. I'm 99% sure shady won't be here in a week. 

  • Skeptical 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

I don’t understand what’s so funny, Shady looked like himself. Gore looked great too, as did Singletary. It’s a good situation to be in because there is no way Allen carries this team on his arm.

 

Agree, Shady did look himself, running into the line for no gain or loss of one.  Granted he had less than ten total attempts so hard to gauge, he had two decent runs but the rest were for losses for the most part.

 

I think it could come down to who they feel gives them more total overall value, him or Yeldon and keep one of them, plus Gore and the rookie.  Maybe MoCoy gets the nod for locker room presence.

  • Meh 1
  • Skeptical 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

39 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I found it a little interesting that Singletary didn't play much last night. Can't imagine he's going anywhere. I'm 99% sure shady won't be here in a week. 

 

1 hour ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Yes, he looked good.  An improvement over last season's play.  BUT, I couldn't shake the feeling that the BILLS may be "showcasing" him for a trade?

Trade Shady? What could we realistically get for him? A fifth or sixth? It would be a cap dump I guess but I think we might as well keep him for veteran leadership.

Edited by Nick the Greek
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He still looks like the Real McCoy baby! people forget, but watch how he does with a real NFL line now.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I missed the first half but just “meh” until I see jock straps laying on the turf in a meaningful game. Haven’t seen that in years and I’m not sure he still has it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Yes, he looked good.  An improvement over last season's play.  BUT, I couldn't shake the feeling that the BILLS may be "showcasing" him for a trade?

 

McCoy has more value to the Bills than he does on the trade block. He may still have it, but a 31 y/o RB on the last year of his deal MIGHT get you a 4th if you're lucky. 

 

I've been shutting down the "Shady will be gone" chat in my circle for weeks. People point to last year's numbers, while seemingly disregarding how terrible the offense was last year, with a poor O line. 

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

He looked like a Pro Bowl caliber of RB. I have egg on my face for saying he should be traded, there is no way you trade him at this point. I was completely wrong.

Are you kidding me! Have you lost your mind! If you take a position on this site never back down from it! Never admit to being wrong! Have 2500 post taught you nothing?

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

 

Agree, Shady did look himself, running into the line for no gain or loss of one.  Granted he had less than ten total attempts so hard to gauge, he had two decent runs but the rest were for losses for the most part.

 

I think it could come down to who they feel gives them more total overall value, him or Yeldon and keep one of them, plus Gore and the rookie.  Maybe MoCoy gets the nod for locker room presence.

He’s always been that way though. He had two monster runs that were called back due to questionable calls. I guess the refs couldn’t wait until the regular season to screw the Bills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

People are hilarious.  The same crowd that craps on Peterman for pre-season success gives credit to RB who's running into a vanilla D, and a collection players that won't be playing together when real bullets start flying.  I didn't see what you guys did, and that was with the offense focusing on the run game with Allen in, for some reason?  He needed to work on his timing on short and intermediate routes.  Second day of training camp after OTAs, you should be able to run the ball. 

Edited by YodaMan79
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McCoy looked great and I suspect that the Bills screen game will be much improved this year. 

 

There is an awful lot that the Bills aren't showing yet.  Last week it was work on the short pass and Allen carved Carolina up and Beasley showed us what a load he'll be in the season.  Last night the BIll's focused on the run and Shady, Gore and Singleterry all shined,.  The Bills rushed for 126 yards in the first half and that was WITHOUT the threat of play action passes.  But we haven't seen to many screens and not much down the field either.  Look for a very different offense in week 1 against the Jets.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

 

 

Trade Shady? What could we realistically get for him? A fifth or sixth? It would be a cap dump I guess but I think we might as well keep him for veteran leadership.

I would rather keep him too compared to what we would probably get in a trade. But I will throw what is maybe an unpopular opinion out there - I think Singletary is going to have a couple breakout performances and get a ton of attention. McCoy will not be able to handle that (think AB/JuJu), and will demand a trade by the deadline. The Bills might do it just to avoid drama. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back when Roman was OC they would run those stretch plays to the sideline and McCoy would just pick a lane and turn upfield.

Very effective.  

Having him continually try to run between the tackles is just wasting downs. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I would rather keep him too compared to what we would probably get in a trade. But I will throw what is maybe an unpopular opinion out there - I think Singletary is going to have a couple breakout performances and get a ton of attention. McCoy will not be able to handle that (think AB/JuJu), and will demand a trade by the deadline. The Bills might do it just to avoid drama. 

 

I think you're spot on.  He isn't this great locker room/team guy that others proclaim.  He's not going to gracefully integrate into a secondary or 3rd line role.  He's an alpha, it's a young mans game.  Looking at what young RBs have done, I support the young guy getting a bulk of the carries by week 9. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, YodaMan79 said:

 

I think you're spot on.  He isn't this great locker room/team guy that others proclaim.  He's not going to gracefully integrate into a secondary or 3rd line role.  He's an alpha, it's a young mans game.  Looking at what young RBs have done, I support the young guy getting a bulk of the carries by week 9. 

I like Shady, but i think he’s not ready to accept the “mentor” role and doesn’t have much time left in his career. Sure he wants the money the Bills are paying him but i feel like his agent (rosenhous) is going to push for him to have a bigger role knowing he’s on his way out of Buffalo after this year anyway. I just don’t see Beane playing games with him and will move on if Shady wants to move on. Obviously he will want something in return though and it will all depend on the health of the RB room at the time. If gore is hurt by then, forget it. Imo

Edited by YoloinOhio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...