Updates on Bills cuts

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, cd1 said:

Devin Singletary, Frank Gore, TJ Yeldon, Senorise Perry, Christian Wade

Obviously surprising news about Shady (at least the timing and nature of his departure) and now Perry is out... we know Murphy is out. Is it possible they’re afraid Wade is intriguing enough that he wouldn’t clear waivers? Obviously he’s exempt if he makes it to the PS, but he would have to clear waivers like everyone else, correct?

Just now, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

Obviously surprising news about Shady (at least the timing and nature of his departure) and now Perry is out... we know Murphy is out. Is it possible they’re afraid Wade is intriguing enough that he wouldn’t clear waivers? Obviously he’s exempt if he makes it to the PS, but he would have to clear waivers like everyone else, correct?

Yes he has to clear waivers and if they use his free spot he becomes a free agent at the end of the year.

3 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Doubt we keep Wade... He impressed but he got very little time in preseason. Thinking just Gore, Singletary and Yeldon.

It would be stupid to have Wade on roster when he gives us an extra practice squad player

More than the limited time, he never got a single look versus starters.

There must be some internal conversation/disagreement about him given that he’s still on the roster but I don’t see him making it to the 53.

Edited by eanyills

2 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Doubt we keep Wade... He impressed but he got very little time in preseason. Thinking just Gore, Singletary and Yeldon.

It would be stupid to have Wade on roster when he gives us an extra practice squad player

It's not stupid if they feel he can contribute, right.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

No question. Seahawks fans are disappointed to see him go. Plus he plays special teams and is a good blocker. He and Colquitt are at the top of my list.

I live in Seattle and I have not heard one person mention his name, ever. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

DiMarco must have damaging evidence against McDermott to continue to have a roster spot.

I know its two years ago...but this is a sample of DiMarco...He's not a lug and he's a special teams captain.  He made a really good lead block on Shady's preseason TD in Carolina.  I respect the guy....I can see why he makes it.

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yes he has to clear waivers and if they use his free spot he becomes a free agent at the end of the year.

But the team who claims him, MUST put him on the 53 roster, as I understand it.  Or is it, if they put him on their PS they simply don't use the exemption. I actually should know this by now.

My other question is, can they move him to their PS in a couple weeks with the Bills having no opportunity to get him back?

Edited by The Dean

Just now, JoeF said:

I know its two years ago...but this is a sample of DiMarco...He's not a lug and he's a special teams captain.  He made a really good lead block on Shady's preseason TD in Carolina.  I respect the guy....I can see why he makes it.

His position is something even less respected and appreciated than OL by the casual fan (not calling anyone out, just saying). He is a good player and a ST captain. 

Just now, The Dean said:

But the team who claims him, MUST put him on the 53 roster, as I understand it.  My only question is, can they move him to their PS in a couple weeks with the Bills having no opportunity to get him back?

His 11th man availability ends when he's put on the 53 or if the Bills did put him on the ps but didn't use his 11th spot.

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Better than Zay. ;)

???No he's not.  Stop with this foolishness.  In 6 seasons Brown has 100 catches.  Zay has damn near that in two.  You can want the Bills to upgrade, that's fine.  But don't make this type of anybody is better argument.   To quote Chad Johnson, "Child, please."

• Like (+1) 1