Updates on Bills cuts

YoloinOhio

23 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

He was never making this team.

Let’s face it ...name any guy who led the CFL in receiving yards and suddenly became relevant in the NFL... not many on that list. They just couldn’t justify keeping a jump ball player on a roster for 2 plays a game. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, stevewin said:

I really don't get it.  When I went to camp he was by far the worst WR on the field (and that doesn't even take into account the ridiculous custom tailored short shorts he was wearing :rolleyes: - honestly looked like an idiot).  Have to assume it's people suffering from Brandon Reilly syndrome

Hey those short shorts were sexy as $#!+

Just now, Locomark said:

Let’s face it ...name any guy who led the CFL in receiving yards and suddenly became relevant in the NFL... not many on that list. They just couldn’t justify keeping a jump ball player on a roster for 2 plays a game. 

I give staff credit for turning over every stone and Williams credit for giving it an honest shot...he's just not quite cut out for going against real NFL DBs. No shame because very few are.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I'm tired of waiting for next year. I want to see a Bills team THIS YEAR like 2017, that over achieves and makes the playoffs. Let draft picks fall where they may.

And I disagree that we have a long window here.  Next year we're headed into year 4.  Contracts will start expiring soon.   Extensions and franchise tags eat up cap space fast.

No one is talking about waiting for next year. It's simply being pointed out that there will be plenty of cap space next year to help make this team even better.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Offside#76FredSmerlas said:

You can't be a part time back and make 9 million plus...  Beane said it will would have been a RB by committee even if Mcoy was on the team.  Beane dodged the question when asked about whether he tried to get Mccoy to take a pay cut.  I'm thinking this happened for sure, just my personal opinion.  If he said no to a pay cut then Beane had no choice.

I think that Lions game run where he hit open space and couldn’t break it was indicative of who he is. A guy who used to make a jump cut to run away from people to a guy that makes a jump cut to turn a 2 yard gain into a 5 yard gain. They need that money to roll over. The future is more important than his 65 total yards a game.

Just now, Watkins90 said:

No one is talking about waiting for next year. It's simply being pointed out that there will be plenty of cap space next year to help make this team even better.

1 minute ago, Watkins90 said:

Agreed. McCoy wasn’t going to add any game to or won loss column in my opinion. Frank splits time with the kid and is the short yardage bull and Yeldon is their receiving back. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, XABI64 said:

We really have no talent left on this offense besides Brown and Beasley lol

Good luck with that Allen 

Yeah, cause there’s no way to develop talent.  all the young guys on the bills are hopeless. Beasley and Brown are going to be too overworked this year. 

6 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

Well, that is how I interpreted Lurker's post, but it's always possible I was mistaken and he meant something else by "next year being the real start"

My point is just, with 3 years and so few guys remaining from before that, if the team doesn't look as they want it to now, just what will be different about next year?