Updates on Bills cuts

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

His 11th man availability ends when he's put on the 53 or if the Bills did put him on the ps but didn't use his 11th spot.

I get that. But the Bills have to cut him first, before putting him on the 53. So, let's just say another team claims him then (before the PS start). It is my understanding he must be put on that teams' 53 in order to steal him from the Bills (who can then use the exemption). Is that not correct?

Just now, The Dean said:

I get that. But the Bills have to cut him first, before putting him on the 53. So, let's just say another team claims him then (before the PS start). It is my understanding he must be put on that teams' 53 in order to steal him from the Bills (who can then use the exemption). Is that not correct?

source.gif

• Haha (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Big C said:

His position is something even less respected and appreciated than OL by the casual fan (not calling anyone out, just saying). He is a good player and a ST captain. 

You are correct.  While I'm not a giant DeMarco fan, he offers so much more to the team than simply the FB designation. Beane made that clear. If/when they have to cut someone who means more (total package) he will be gone.

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

source.gif

Creeping me out, Doc.

OK, let's assume I'm correct. So a team signs Wade and then, in week 2 or 3, sends him to their PS. I thought I read they couldn't do that, or at least the Bills could get him back. Maybe that was back when folks were just speculating.

BTW, I want to make this clear, I don't expect him to land on the 53 of the Bills (or any team) THIS year.

Edited by The Dean
Addition.

Just now, The Dean said:

Creeping me out, Doc.

OK, let's assume I'm correct. So a team signs Wade and then, in week 2 or 3, sends him to their PS. I thought I read they couldn't do that, or at least the Bills could get him back. Maybe that was back when folks were just speculating.

I think...and dont hold me to this...once he's put on the 53 or regular PS then he becomes just like everyone else and has the same rules

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Big C said:

His position is something even less respected and appreciated than OL by the casual fan (not calling anyone out, just saying). He is a good player and a ST captain. 

I can't remember a play he has made since becoming a Bill besides that wheel route he caught. A ST captain? Please.... 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tsaikotic said:

I think...and dont hold me to this...once he's put on the 53 or regular PS then he becomes just like everyone else and has the same rules

So if a team REALLY sees potential, they can sign him. Keep him inactive for week one, then put him on the PS.  I highly doubt that happens, but interesting nonetheless.