Malik McDowell Arrested

Ya know, this guy would cost noting to bring in pre- camp on a tryout, and after all we got an organization that just drafted a coach defying  coat wearing wearing malcontent so  talent is obviouly more  important to this team now...and it seems to me he did nothing wrong, cop had a Napoleon complex looked to ,me

7 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Taking bets on the following posts:

$1 for "Should we kick the tires?" by post #12

$2 for "The cop can't arrest a guy for getting out of his car" by post #18

$5 for "Talent trumps character...sign him" by post #27

I say all before post 12..i win...pay the man ees money!

• Haha (+1) 2

The officer told him to sit and he sat.

The officer then started using profanities, which was totally unnecessary.

He was sitting when he got tased.  I didn't see the need to tase him at that time.  From what I could see, he was being compliant and cooperative.

But after that, I think he got a little out of hand and should have definitely been arrested.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I actually liked him around draft time in 2017. He was a player I had on my radar for the Bills in the 2nd round of that draft. Think he had been taken before we took Zay from memory but with everything that has gone on since it looks like he is done. Not sure he ever even played a single down. For a high 2nd rounder that is as big of a bust as you get.

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He was sitting when he got tased.  I didn't see the need to tase him at that time.  From what I could see, he was being compliant and cooperative.

But after that, I think he got a little out of hand and should have definitely been arrested.

Read the article. A lot transpired BEFORE what is visible in the video.

24 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He was wrestling with him already before he sat down.  As soon as that happens the whole encounter has changed.  Now the cops top priority is getting this guy in handcuffs some how, some way.  The man (a 6'6" mountain of a man mind you) sits but continues to ignore commands to lie down.  How are you going to handcuff a guy that size when he is sitting, back against a wall?  As noted in the article he is also suspected of being intoxicated in some way so who knows what he will do.  Then after being tased after refusing command after command after command, he gets up and lunges at the officer, eventually taking away his taser.  The guy is lucky he is not dead and it would be completely justified.  

And the profanities part?  Yeah, people always listen to "Will you please ..." in a calm voice in these circumstance.

• Like (+1) 6

39 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It's a matter of competence, training, and discipline. In that order. 

• Like (+1) 1

the only thing good out of this, is that the kid didn't have that little cop unload his clip on him and actually, I'm very surprised he didn't. when I say good, I mean the percentage has to be very high now that you take a bullet or 9 when resisting like that. especially when they grab for the cops piece, he's a very lucky, yet stupid young man obviously intoxicated.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

the only thing good out of this, is that the kid didn't have that little cop unload his clip on him and actually, I'm very surprised he didn't. when I say good, I mean the percentage has to be very high now that you take a bullet or 9 when resisting like that. especially when they grab for the cops piece, he's a very lucky, yet stupid young man obviously intoxicated.

Yes, very stupid. If you grab for a Cops gun you deserve what’s next , to be certain. 

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

It is difficult to see what happened right before he sat him on the ground.....but there does appear to be a scuffle

Did the NFL player make contact with the officer at that point?

I really dont like when officers start cussing when giveng commands......and maybe it actually escalated the situation BUT......but these guys do have a job to do as well.

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/video-shows-nfl-hopeful-malik-mcdowell-attack-michigan-police-officer-reach-for-stun-gun-report

crazy video of him getting tazed and then fighting with the cop.  He was twice the size of that cop. 

Yet he struggle to get the cop off his feet.

No wonder this guy busted out of the league--can't put down 5 foot guy.

• Haha (+1) 1