Rob Ryan says it made 'no sense' that he couldn't find job post-Bills

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:
“No one cares that you’re fired, no one cares that you have a family to provide for, so you have to do it yourself.”

When I first moved to NOLA one of the employees at a local grocery store struck up a conversation with me because of my Bills hat and told me Bad Santa used to give an intern $500-1000/wk to keep his desk stocked with junk food. It just so happens my brother-in-law is friends with one of the Saints’ trainers who joined us at a Mardi Gras parade, so I asked him about it. He burst out laughing and confirmed it. He wouldn’t give me particulars, but the impression I got was the dude was a walking punchline. He apparently also used to order thousands of dollars in rare wines at that grocery store, which he didn’t always show up to collect.

Point being, cry me a river about providing for your family you millionaire gluttonous sloth. 

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:
... “When you’re out of work that phone stops ringing. It’s a humbling thing, it upsets you, and it’s something you just have to deal with,” Ryan said. “No one cares that you’re fired, no one cares that you have a family to provide for, so you have to do it yourself.”

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/21/rob-ryan-rex-ryan-no-sense-find-job-post-buffalo-bills/?fbclid=IwAR0elVlIbvmRbE6GMLta-LDsdROuAVybG-OdgxB2tROYxG6Q8LjUl0haVKY

no one cares?? what, is this guy a millennial sno flake? he isn't owed a ***** thing. you lose your job, you got a family to support... you go out and find a damn job. even if it is bagging groceries, i don't care. this ***** entitlement attitude is going to be the death of us all.

***** him. 

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

“No one cares that you’re fired, no one cares that you have a family to provide for, so you have to do it yourself.”

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/21/rob-ryan-rex-ryan-no-sense-find-job-post-buffalo-bills/?fbclid=IwAR0elVlIbvmRbE6GMLta-LDsdROuAVybG-OdgxB2tROYxG6Q8LjUl0haVKY

My nose bleeds blue buttermilk for the poor guy, struggling to provide for his family after all of the millions he's been paid.

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

no one cares?? what, is this guy a millennial sno flake? he isn't owed a ***** thing. you lose your job, you got a family to support... you go out and find a damn job. even if it is bagging groceries, i don't care. this ***** entitlement attitude is going to be the death of us all.

***** him. 

Except of course, that the Saints and the Pegulas both paid him well.  I read he has an estimated net worth of $12 million.  No grocery bagging needed.

I don't have any ill will toward the Ryan brothers.  It's not their fault the Bills hired Rex to be Rex, and allowed him to bring in Rob to be Rob.  Anyone who was being honest with themselves knew it was a horrible idea from day one.  Luckily, they gave Rex enough rope to hang himself by the end of year two.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, HOUSE said:
Image result for rob ryan

When the Buffalo Bills fired their former head coach Rex Ryan just before their season finale in 2016, his brother, Rob Ryan, went with him.

Rob Ryan was Buffalo’s “assistant head coach/ defense” as his official title.

Prior to that, Rob Ryan was the Saints’ defensive coordinator from 2013-15 and their defense was… not good. Then he joined the Bills in what was viewed as a bit of last ditch effort from his brother to make things work in Buffalo. They didn’t now we’re onto a new process, literally.

While perhaps his recent history isn’t that great, credit where credit is due, Rob Ryan is a two-time Super Bowl winning coach and after not getting a single job offer following his stint for the Bills, he finally found one. Ryan is currently the inside linebackers coach for the Redskins.

But the LB coach recently reflected on his two-year coaching hiatus with the Redskins’ team website and described how shocked he was to have zero job offers after being fired by the Bills in December 2016.

“When you’re out of work that phone stops ringing. It’s a humbling thing, it upsets you, and it’s something you just have to deal with,” Ryan said. “No one cares that you’re fired, no one cares that you have a family to provide for, so you have to do it yourself.”

Family to provide for??  He has 2 grown sons and has been estimated to have made one 10 million in his career.  

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My nose bleeds blue buttermilk for the poor guy, struggling to provide for his family after all of the millions he's been paid.

Except of course, that the Saints and the Pegulas both paid him well.  I read he has an estimated net worth of $12 million.  No grocery bagging needed.

then cry in your milk somewhere else. christ.

12 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Anyone dumb enough to give this dufus a job deserves everything they get. Enjoy your defense Skins ?

By most accounts, Guden is not expected to survive this season in Washington unless they make a big run in the playoffs.  Few people outside of their fan base expect that to happen.  Given all of that, what kind of coaching candidate do any of us really expect to be interested in a Washington job?  Ryan was a bottom of the barrel candidate and was probably thinking any job was better than no job.  I'd be interested in knowing how many coaches turned them down before they had to reach low for Ryan.  I'm just glad that Buffalo isn't in that kind of situation anymore.

Edited by Florida Bills Fanatic

7 hours ago, HOUSE said:
“When you’re out of work that phone stops ringing. It’s a humbling thing, it upsets you, and it’s something you just have to deal with,” Ryan said. “No one cares that you’re fired, no one cares that you have a family to provide for, so you have to do it yourself.”

Not even your brother who was paid $5 million a year to not coach?  If anything he sulled your reputation and should give you a cut.

First, Rob being outa job had more to do with the disaster that was NO defense from 2013-2015 stint rather than his Buffalo stint. Let us not blame Rob for the switch to 3-4 and having Mario drop into coverage - that was all the real buffoon the year before.

maybe I am in a minority - but Rob’s responsibility in his year with the Bills was Red Zone defense and he did not foo too badly there even when handed a 3-4 defense with 4-3 personnel thanks to his brother.

This does not in anyway make Rob a great coach who did not deserve to sit out (see opening para about NO). Just that he was not as horrible with the Bills as has been argued.

9 hours ago, Foxx said:

***** him. 

Um....he's a Redskins linebacker coach now there Archie Bunker.  No need to bag groceries.

• Haha (+1) 1