Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
HOUSE

Rob Ryan says it made 'no sense' that he couldn't find job post-Bills

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
Image result for rob ryan

 

When the Buffalo Bills fired their former head coach Rex Ryan just before their season finale in 2016, his brother, Rob Ryan, went with him.

Rob Ryan was Buffalo’s “assistant head coach/ defense” as his official title.

 

Prior to that, Rob Ryan was the Saints’ defensive coordinator from 2013-15 and their defense was… not good. Then he joined the Bills in what was viewed as a bit of last ditch effort from his brother to make things work in Buffalo. They didn’t now we’re onto a new process, literally.

While perhaps his recent history isn’t that great, credit where credit is due, Rob Ryan is a two-time Super Bowl winning coach and after not getting a single job offer following his stint for the Bills, he finally found one. Ryan is currently the inside linebackers coach for the Redskins.

But the LB coach recently reflected on his two-year coaching hiatus with the Redskins’ team website and described how shocked he was to have zero job offers after being fired by the Bills in December 2016.

“When you’re out of work that phone stops ringing. It’s a humbling thing, it upsets you, and it’s something you just have to deal with,” Ryan said. “No one cares that you’re fired, no one cares that you have a family to provide for, so you have to do it yourself.”

 

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/21/rob-ryan-rex-ryan-no-sense-find-job-post-buffalo-bills/?fbclid=IwAR0elVlIbvmRbE6GMLta-LDsdROuAVybG-OdgxB2tROYxG6Q8LjUl0haVKY

Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

When the Buffalo Bills fired their former head coach Rex Ryan just before their season finale in 2016, his brother, Rob Ryan, went with him.

Rob Ryan was Buffalo’s “assistant head coach/ defense” as his official title.

 

Prior to that, Rob Ryan was the Saints’ defensive coordinator from 2013-15 and their defense was… not good. Then he joined the Bills in what was viewed as a bit of last ditch effort from his brother to make things work in Buffalo. They didn’t now we’re onto a new process, literally.

While perhaps his recent history isn’t that great, credit where credit is due, Rob Ryan is a two-time Super Bowl winning coach and after not getting a single job offer following his stint for the Bills, he finally found one. Ryan is currently the inside linebackers coach for the Redskins.

But the LB coach recently reflected on his two-year coaching hiatus with the Redskins’ team website and described how shocked he was to have zero job offers after being fired by the Bills in December 2016.

 

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/21/rob-ryan-rex-ryan-no-sense-find-job-post-buffalo-bills/?fbclid=IwAR0elVlIbvmRbE6GMLta-LDsdROuAVybG-OdgxB2tROYxG6Q8LjUl0haVKY

 

...dammit HOUSE...just ruined a perfectly good pair of Depends......bigger fraud than Blowhard Buddy.............

  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It makes perfect sense to me.  What has old Rob ever done as a DC?  You have to go back to his work in NE as the last time he was part of a successful defense.  

 

The defense is NO was among one of the worst defenses all time.

 

Rex made the Bills into a bad defense, Rob joined the staff and made it worse!

  • Like (+1) 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

It makes perfect sense to me.  What has old Rob ever done as a DC?  You have to go back to his work in NE as the last time he was part of a successful defense.  

 

The defense is NO was among one of the worst defenses all time.

 

Rex made the Bills into a bad defense, Rob joined the staff and made it worse!

The two of them agreed that Mario Williams would be better off dropping back into coverage than he would rushing the pass thrower.

It ended there.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

It makes perfect sense to me.  What has old Rob ever done as a DC?  You have to go back to his work in NE as the last time he was part of a successful defense.  

 

The defense is NO was among one of the worst defenses all time.

 

Rex made the Bills into a bad defense, Rob joined the staff and made it worse!

 

...Rob's ONLY place is as the Guest of Honor at a Pig Roast....open mouth....insert apple...SMH...........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Image result for rob ryan gif
Image result for rob ryangif
Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In other news, It makes no sense that Lorena Bobbitt still doesn’t have a boyfriend😉

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Confused 1
  • Haha (+1) 12
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I’m not a charity case at all, I’m a great coach,” the 56-year-old coach added. “But to be out of work that long makes no sense. It made no sense. But it humbles you and you come back with a good attitude.”

 

Yup, he sure sounds humbled to me.... 😂

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just stop talking Robbie. Please. When you have to tell everyone that you’re a good coach, it’s probably time to just fly under the radar for a bit and get to work with the hope that someday someone else says it for you. I’m not holding my breath however.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm 🤔

The great coach and his defensive genius brother wreck a very good defensive unit, get fired, and then wonder why the phone doesn’t ring for coaching jobs,  now isn’t that odd...  

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yup, he sure sounds humbled to me.... 😂

 

 

...he is just plain pathetic period......it's a genetic thing.........

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luckily, Rob Ryan will always be able to tell the ladies that his real job is being reality TV star Captain Wild Bill from Deadliest Catch?

'Deadliest Catch' Deckhand Slammed for 'Absolute Stupidity ...

  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Rob Ryan didn't know he was fat either...

 

...waitin' for his water to break..............

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So sad that we’ve now devoted TWO threads to that idiot. As if this thread couldn’t be part of the other one. Now we can all bounce between the two threads and argue the merits of Rob and Rex as football intellectuals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

So sad that we’ve now devoted TWO threads to that idiot. As if this thread couldn’t be part of the other one. Now we can all bounce between the two threads and argue the merits of Rob and Rex as football intellectuals. 

 

...why?...he's a legend...just ask him.....are Blowhard Buddy or Wrecks any different?.....

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Ryan brothers are legends in their own minds.  Must be no one wanted to be inside LB coach for the Redskins and Fat Rob was available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A textbook example of the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

 

 

 

 

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, there were 33 teams vying to hire Gregg Williams as Head Coach. From that perspective, it's a little surprising that Rob can't land a LB coach job.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone dumb enough to give this dufus a job deserves everything they get. Enjoy your defense Skins 🤪

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

 

...waitin' for his water to break..............

Holy crap! Better have he Army Corp of Engineers on standby if that ever happens. 

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HOUSE said:
“No one cares that you’re fired, no one cares that you have a family to provide for, so you have to do it yourself.”

 

When I first moved to NOLA one of the employees at a local grocery store struck up a conversation with me because of my Bills hat and told me Bad Santa used to give an intern $500-1000/wk to keep his desk stocked with junk food. It just so happens my brother-in-law is friends with one of the Saints’ trainers who joined us at a Mardi Gras parade, so I asked him about it. He burst out laughing and confirmed it. He wouldn’t give me particulars, but the impression I got was the dude was a walking punchline. He apparently also used to order thousands of dollars in rare wines at that grocery store, which he didn’t always show up to collect.

 

Point being, cry me a river about providing for your family you millionaire gluttonous sloth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do mind, the dude minds, this aggression will not stand man. 

Ryan-630x472.jpg

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does he also wonder why he has high blood pressure? Life is such a mystery. 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...