Ivory gone

1 hour ago, Wo-Bah said:

Man, our backfield is ancient.  I don't like it.  I liked Chris Ivory.  I imagine trying to tackle him, would've been like trying to talk a boulder rolling down a mountain at full speed.

Kind of contradicting yourself?  If you think the Bills backfield is ancient, I would think dumping a 30 year old RB, and probably drafting a potential RB of the future, would make you happy.

6 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Because he’s a players player. He’s a workout machine, he’s an ace in the room, and he leads by example. 

Hes a process guy through and through. 

you forgot - blue collar, lunch pail and probably a few other cliches.

2 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Not unexpected. Let’s go get one or two young guys in the draft (any round but the 1st.)

One in the 3rd and one in the 5th. Gore turns 36 in May. There's no way he has a 4.6 y/a like last year. No matter how improved our oline is.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DCbillsfan said:

At the risk of being laughed at, I think Beane is holding onto Ducasse to see if he can trade him.  I know it sounds out there but look at John Miller's contract with the Bengals.  

You never know. He’s gotten surprising value a few times. Ivory? Well, there are limits.....

20 minutes ago, eball said:

Corrected for accuracy!

I wasn't referencing you eebs............you have too many sources to be questioned.:thumbsup:   

But ferinstance......Joshallenhasbighands was particularly certain that Ivory was a good signing.

Reality check:

Among 49 qualifying RB's........Ivory ranked 44th in ypa at 3.3.?

Nearly a full yard below the 4.2 league average per carry.

How far below league average is the threshold for being a good stopgap at RB?  

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I wasn't referencing you eebs............you have too many sources to be questioned.:thumbsup:   

But ferinstance......Joshallenhasbighands was particularly certain that Ivory was a good signing.

Reality check:

Among 49 qualifying RB's........Ivory ranked 44th in ypa at 3.3.?

Nearly a full yard below the 4.2 league average per carry.

How far below league average is the threshold for being a good stopgap at RB?  

Can't forget about that O line, baby!  Of course you knew that.  C'mon, Ivory was fine.  Made a couple of really big plays in the passing game as an outlet for Josh.  Find me a RB who would have run well behind that line last year.  I think Jim Brown himself would have averaged around 3.5.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

How is gore an improvement over ivory? 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well because he’s 30!  If Gore breaks down this year, will anyone be surprised?

This is a family board sir!

True, but we should consider a ‘Kiddies Table’ forum..

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Idandria said:

Looking back at Ivory’s year as a Bill.. I can’t think of 1 great or memorable play. 

he didn’t really do much of anything. In a few years I don’t think I’ll even remember he played for the Bills. Wish him the best but his time in Buffalo was almost non existent. 

Really? I can think of several...2 of them were very long receptions on Allen scrambles...like 50 or 60 yards

56 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Your right- 30 is that magic number. Somehow Gore has defied the odds- I wouldnt be surprised at all if he ran into the brick wall this season.

depend on our blocking. Last year. plenty of brick walls to run into !

I expect better play this year

Ivory

Good solid runner, excellent effort and made some nice plays for Bills. Thought they might wait a bit longer but , as mentioned and as Bills have done under Beane. getting him his best chance to get picked up asap is a decent move from FO.

wish him well !

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JoeF said:

I fear that Vladimir (Putin) Ducasse and Russell (Jethro) Bodine are to be shown the door next.....

From Over the Cap

$2.15 Million in cap savings from Ivory

$2.3  Million from Bodine

$2 Million from Vlad

Vlad is dead man walking. 

No need to cut Bodine until you see who wins the starting jobs.  He may be needed as a backup.

2 hours ago, Wo-Bah said:

Man, our backfield is ancient.  I don't like it.  I liked Chris Ivory.  I imagine trying to tackle him, would've been like trying to talk a boulder rolling down a mountain at full speed.

Meh.  27 of his 115 carries were stopped at or behind the line of scrimmage.  Another 29 were for 1-2 yards.

So about 50% of his carries went backwards or barely forward.

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..wonder what their plans are for Murphy & Ford...........

Both probably go to camp with a drafted rookie from the mid rounds and I would think maybe even an UDFA.

Gore and Shady will take very few reps in TC.

I think it's good move on Beane's part to let Ivory go now so he can try to get on another roster for the summer.

He was toast the day Beane signed Gore.