Sean McDermott interview at NFL Owner’s Meetings

3 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

DT and TE jump out from those quotes as primary interests. I'd like to see Oliver at #9. Still think TE will fall towards mid-twenties. Trade back up for Hockenson or Fant if TJ is gone.

I mean maybe but he's answering pretty targeted questions at those positions.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

DT and TE jump out from those quotes as primary interests. I'd like to see Oliver at #9. Still think TE will fall towards mid-twenties. Trade back up for Hockenson or Fant if TJ is gone.

I will be surprised if DT and TE are not the first two picks.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

I mean maybe but he's answering pretty targeted questions at those positions.

If it's just coachspeak, it's not determinative. I don't suppose he's going to give away our draft strategy, but to me it seems plausible. Those two positions seem like places you would invest draft capital given where our personnel needs are.

23 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

That's the best McD interview I've seen.  In control, comfortable, mature.  He's a guy who KNOWS that he is doing it right.  

Very interesting.

I have noticed that he seems much more comfortable in front of a camera so far this offseason.

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I have noticed that he seems much more comfortable in front of a camera so far this offseason.

Yeah.  He's in control now.  It's like it took him two years to be comfortable as head coach.  He's in stride now.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Shaw66 said:

Yeah.  He's in control now.  It's like it took him two years to be comfortable as head coach.  He's in stride now.

Fully agree. He really seems to be coming into his own as a head coach. 

I am excited to see what this year brings! 

• Like (+1) 3

45 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

That's the best McD interview I've seen.  In control, comfortable, mature.  He's a guy who KNOWS that he is doing it right.  

Very interesting.

wheels are in good motion

lots of potential

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

https://twitter.com/jonscotttv/status/1110586135984525313?s=21

Your latest McDermottism coming from Phoenix this morning: Responsibly non-patient.

#Bills HC wants to win now, but looks at this franchise's history and his own experience to believe you can't deter from plan to ultimately succeed.

Responsibly non patient is me on a hot first date. I'm going in for the kiss but I'm also reading the signs because I don't want to get #metoo'd 

• Haha (+1) 4

31 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Just get me T.J. Hockenson or Ed Oliver at #9 please. I'll be elated with either. Both future All Pro guys.

What if they get both Ed Oliver and TJ Hockenson with some finagling via trades?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

I believe in our coach.  I believe in our GM.  I believe in our QB.

When was the last time you had confidence in the three most important people with the Bills?

lets see.

I'd say  the 1996 season

HC - Marv Levy

GM - John Butler

QB - Jim Kelly

February 1, 1997, a day I'll not forget.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

Agreed. He noted that IDL is tougher to remove from the game, whereas you can remove edge pressure with scheme. I did like how he noted that Chad Lewis and Greg Olsen were super important to the QBs in Philly and Carolina. I'd note that both of those guys are 6'6 and this team does appear to prefer people with more prototypical size. Of the top TEs on the board, Hockenson most matches that description as far as size and he's a mauler in the run game. I don't know how we'd do it, but I'd love a draft where we manage to come out of it with a top DT and TE, even if that means losing some picks to move back into the 1st to grab Hock.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

"Come to Buffalo where football's important to the people" - the new city slogan

7 minutes ago, stevewin said:

"Come to Buffalo where football's important to the people" - the new city slogan

I’m paraphrasing but Nate Oats said something similar when asked how he recruits players to UB. He first joked “the weather” and then said that if a player would rather be at the beach than at the gym, he’s probably recruiting the wrong guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Well, it beats this:

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

Amazing what happens when you know you won't have to lie about your team being ready to compete.

Edited by eball

1 hour ago, billspro said:

I will be surprised if DT and TE are not the first two picks.

As much as I'd love to see N'Keal Harry in Buffalo, I think you're correct. 

I think they will go in that order (DT and then TE).

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Damn straight, Sean!

Oh, and excuse me gentlemen, I have to go buy tickets for my wife to see Kristen Chenoweth, one of her favorites,  playing with the BPO the following weekend.  That's after we go to that place where we throw axes at targets, and then do curling downtown, but before we have fat stacks of steaks at Russell's, one of the top rated restaurants in the country.  While I'm at it I better pick up something pretty for her at Lululemon's at the mall.  Maybe something she can wear while we are at Niagara-on-the-Lake catching a show at the Shaw Festival, or watching Shakespeare in the park at Delaware, or water skiing on Lake Erie or riding Superman at Darien Lake...

...or eating tacos at Mighty.

In your face, NFL player losers.

• Like (+1) 1