Bills one of 6 teams in on Leveon Bell

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

Who is going pay the most? Buffalo still has room for a big contract.  I would love to see it, but highly doubt it.

After Anthony Barr spurred the Jets, I think they are even more of favorites. Hold up could be Bell was ready to make a decision, Jets found out about Barr and upped their offer, and now Bells agent has to reach back out to the other teams to see if they will up their offers. 

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Jets are acting like a hillbilly that just won the lottery and have no concept of how money works.

No.

They are acting like a team with $80 mil of cap room in a market that's quickly drying up that just lost one of their big signings.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

No.

They are acting like a team with $80 mil of cap room in a market that's quickly drying up that just lost one of their big signings.

Which makes me happy. If they spend THAT kind of coin on Bell....Hoo boy

Interesting.  Probably the most connected Bills beat writer throwing shade on national report not including Buffalo? Was he not the guy who released a quote from Beane saying he was out of the Brown sweepstakes? ???

Just now, Mat68 said:

Interesting.  Probably the most connected Bills beat writer throwing shade on national report not including Buffalo? Was he not the guy who released a quote from Beane saying he was out of the Brown sweepstakes? ???

He's throwing shade because of Rapoport's prior report that AB was going to the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Mat68 said:

I don't think he's saying it because Buffalo isn't mentioned. I think he's just making fun of a competitor.

Well,  I'm actually ok with it. The Jets have consistently thrown themselves into cap hell over the past few years, and that much for Bell is just stupid money. That would become an albatross for them as they try to A) sign Darnold to a long term contact and B) sign players to make Darnold competent.

I was considered a homer when I said that I liked the money we gave for Shady, and now that looks laughably small in comparison.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I don't think he's saying it because Buffalo isn't mentioned. I think he's just making fun of a competitor.

Maybe.  Just looking through my Blue and Red colored glasses.

Wow, there are just a ton of conflicting reports right now. Maybe Bell and his agent are just trolling at this point? I see tweets saying it's the Jets, then I see tweets saying the Jets are pulling back and it's the Ravens who have the best chance. Then you see LaCanfora saying he's being told the Ravens are out. What happened to the other four teams that Josina Anderson listed this morning? I bet the Bills have bowed out by now. They have a limit on how high they'll go for a contract and if the rumor of the Jets offering $20 million per year then I'm certain Beane said adios.

8 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

If this is true (and while JLC is pretty spotty in general, he is connected in the DMV area), either the Jets are getting played or someone else is negotiating with Bell and wants it to be kept quiet.

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

If this is true (and while JLC is pretty spotty in general, he is connected in the DMV area), either the Jets are getting played or someone else is negotiating with Bell and wants it to be kept quiet.

Or maybe the jests are negotiating against themselves and every time bell stalls they up the offer, so he continues to stall.

• Like (+1) 1