Bills one of 6 teams in on Leveon Bell

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He's very accurate. 

And thorough.  You can count on jw to make sure his schitt is straight before he reports it.  He scoffs at the "me first" crowd.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

I'd push in at 14-15 if I were Beane for 4 years

Oof... That's hard for me to like. I don't love his attitude (although I didn't so much mind the holdout), I question his effectiveness after a year off, and I don't like how many touches he had last year. 

I guess I would rather spend that on Rodger Saffold and then draft Devin Singletary in the third round of the draft... 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

4 yr 60 45 guaranteed.  Basically 3 year 15 mil guaranteed.  Not terrible.  Trade McCoy, cut Ivory and you paid for half of the first year.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Oof... That's hard for me to like. I don't love his attitude (although I didn't so much mind the holdout), I question his effectiveness after a year off, and I don't like how many touches he had last year. 

I guess I would rather spend that on Rodger Saffold and then draft Devin Singletary in the third round of the draft... 

He's 27 and that get's him to 31. The touches I get, he isn't going to lose effectiveness unless he ballooned while out of football which is a possibility. 

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

That’s atill a lot but I could live with $14ish

That talk of $17-20M was crazy though. No way I’d want to see the Bills pay that much.

It's $1 million. I would push it enough to either seal it or F the Jets

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

4 yr 60 45 guaranteed.  Basically 3 year 15 mil guaranteed.  Not terrible.  Trade McCoy, cut Ivory and you paid for half of the first year.

That's what I am feeling...and get 3 years younger at the position. Also we still aren't paying Allen at that point either, comes off the books just in time

Edited by Reed83HOF

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

He's 27 and that get's him to 31. The touches I get, he isn't going to lose effectiveness unless he ballooned while out of football which is a possibility. 

Age doesn't bother me that much- just his heavy load as a Steeler. I think the biggest concern with the year off is degeneration of football muscle. Some of that can be bought back with hard work, but the reality of it is that most of these guys have been using their body for this sport their entire adult life. All the little muscles and tendons are used to this specific job and this specific workload. Now, after a year of atrophy (especially if he was really up to 260, like the rumors say) and you have to wonder about the ACL's and the Achillies' and the Hamstrings. It's just something to worry about and the problem is that it's not really testable... (and the flip side could be that he comes back better than ever and well rested, who knows.) 

Also an important thing to think about is that he's been off NFL radar for a year... who knows what injuries (a torn pec while lifting? Strained hamstring while running?) he might have had- or the other side of that - drugs and alcohol. It's not a deal breaker per se, just makes me hesitant before overpaying. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Yep.

I'd say frontload the heck out of it to bury the money in this year / next year, but I also know how these things work and in year 3 he'll say "Why am I only making $8 mil, rip that up".

22 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Buffalo has to spend like 65 plus mil to reach its 3 year minimum for the cap.  So they probably have 1 big contract left.

I would take a look at Shane Ray.  He had 8 sacks in 2016 but completely fell of the last two seasons.  Give him a 1 year prove it deal.

Edited by NewEraBills

1 minute ago, 100DollarBills said:

The Bills way. 

Yep...I mean, who would want a RB that averaged 4.5 YPC for a team with a banged up OL last year?

:sick:

Of course, maybe his 4.5 YPC last year didn't really happen...I feel like I read somewhere that the memory can play tricks on you...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Would be amazing if the Steelers swooped in and signed him...

Imagine if he doesn't get PAID...ya think he'd file a collusion case against the owners?

Something along the lines of "don't pay this guy; he circumvented the tag system"...

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Imagine if he doesn't get PAID...ya think he'd file a collusion case against the owners?

Something along the lines of "don't pay this guy; he circumvented the tag system"...

He would have a difficult time proving that, there are teams out there making legitimate offers and interest in him, they just arent to him and his agents high level.

Just now, TOboy said:

So if Ingram is going to Baltimore, they're out. Who is left? The Jets, Packers, Texans, and Bills? 

I thought Packers were out too.....